“Very bland and disappointing”
Review of Bird Street Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have now tried two meals at this restaurant and i wont be returning. The owners have the right vision for interesting dishes but it doesnt seem to materialize in the actual food. Today I had the Turkey Cranberry Arugula toasted sandwich. There were 4 issues with the plate: 1.No Arugula on the sandwich and no info to inform the customer of this when it was ordered. 2.It was cooked in some mystery oil, not butter, which gave the sandwich a nice look but it was an oily taste when you bit into it. 3.The cranberries were spiced and tasted odd without another flavor to balance them and they were paired with plain turkey and bland melted white cheese of absolutely no flavor. 4. All the side dishes offered were carbs, no green salad offered. I will say the waitress was excellent and helpful. I informed the owner the sandwich had no arugula and he explained there was a re-call for arugula ? (cant find that info on line anywhere) But i advised him he should at least tell customers if he is omitting an important ingriedient in a sandwich. He only defended his need to protect his customers from bad arugula. No apology, no credit to the bill. Not good.

1  Thank maureenCalifornia

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. I was not disappointed.
The restaurant is within what I would call a Western, Victorian era brick building. The ceilings were high and the front window covered the width of the building.

The restaurant staff were friendly, efficient and attentive.

The food was excellent. I had a clam chowder, followed by a Fillet Steak main course with seasonal vegetables. I can't fully comment on my associates, but their plates were also empty !

I would definitely visit again when I am in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The breakfast was very good. I had the best French Toast and I never order French Toast. Our son had the blintz and he said it was great. Very nice place to eat and the service was great.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

my husband had a chicken Caeser and I had a pear, walnut and blue cheese salad. The food was great, service great, décor and ambience great!

1  Thank islandgirllil
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fresh and carefully chosen ingredients prepared and served with care. Accommodating management that strives to address one's every dietary need. Pleasant environment and amazingly reasonable prices.

2  Thank Adventures_Continue