“Not worth a visit”

Feather Falls Casino Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Oroville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have eaten once before. It was like eating in a high school gym that has stale cigarette smell. Otherwise it was not bad. On our return visit the hostess was.unfriendly and a bit clueless. While.wating had gin and tonic, I think they forgot gin. We were offered a table in family section.
Few screaming kids, casino noise and smell. We asked to be repeated.
Went back to desk. She did not give us pager. Then she just took off after a long wait we left. Went Gold Country steak house for excellent dinner and service, never to return Feather Falls.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a decent dinner here on a weekday, when the restaurant was fairly quiet. The beers we ordered (Coyote Spirit and Blackjack) were both terrific. The 6" pizzas were just okay- very doughy, with most of the toppings in the middle. The specialty sushi we ordered was good, and portions were generous; I expected the maki to contain about 6 pieces, and instead it was 8 or 10 I think; enough to share with our friends. The oddest thing about the meal was how tiny the table for four was. The waitress actually asked if she could bring the sushi out first because otherwise she didn't think the food would fit on the table! The menus were so big it was a real challenge for four people to keep them open at the same time on that tiny little table.

This restaurant also has an outdoor seating area, which would be pleasant on a warm evening.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I met some friends here right before a function we had to attend at the casino itself. Normally we avoid casino food, seeing as most of it is either buffets or super expensive sit down places. We decided to give it a shot after reviewing the menu online and seeing the prices were reasonable. Upon arriving, we were NOT assaulted by the nasty smoke smell normally associated with casinos. This is a big plus with it comes to considering the environment factor in any rating for a restaurant for me.

We were given our choice of seating and were offered some drinks. My buddy and I had a beer, him a Naughty Native and for myself, a Thunder Wheat. Both of us were very happy with our drinks and ordered another. His wife had a glass of cab, Robert Mondavi. We ordered our food (my buddy and I both ordered the Bacon Bleu Burger and our wives ordered the Prime Rib), along with the beer battered onion rings for appetizers. The onion rings were great, served with a BBQ ranch sauce and in a cool little basket thing - very unique. Soon our food arrived and we could not have been happier. The ladies' meat was cooked perfectly to their order and was very delicious. Our burgers were fantastic. The meat was juicy and was cooked a perfect medium well. I was also happy that the bacon was crispy, but not burnt. The bleu cheese did not overpower the taste of the meat, which is easy to do in my opinion.

After dinner, we had to decline the offer of dessert, as we were stuffed from our great dinner. Normally, I'm pretty cheap and don't order drinks or anything, as they seem to be as expensive as the meal, so I was nervous about the bill, with a few beers, a Coke for my wife and an appetizer. I received the bill and was dumbfounded. Before the tip, it was less than $45.00. I realized that the pints were only $2 a piece! Needless to say, I was sure to return to the restaurant bar the rest of the night when I wanted another beer. I tried a few others and was not disappointed. Both my wife and I agree that we will have to return again with friends and family to try the restaurant again.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have eaten here twice. Both times I had prime rib and it was reasonably priced, well prepared, and enjoyable to eat. In addition, they brew their own beer which is quite good and they price in reasonably, unlike many other boutique breweries. Service was good. Surrounding are OK but nothing to write home about. Less formal and less expensive than The Steak House at Gold Country Casino. And they have a large menu for whatever time of the day you want to eat. Can be accessed at: http://featherfallscasino.com/sites/default/files/Menus0312.pdf

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Foood was ok for a casino but nothing to write home about.