“good comfort food”

Gold City Grill
Ranked #7 of 86 Restaurants in Oroville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: American diner and broasted chicken
callifornia
“good comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

As the title says "Good comfort food". Wide menu for breakfast lunch or dinner. Highly recommend their chicken fried steak. Pricing is competitive, service is good. Can't go wrong by eating there.

Visited June 2012

Oroville, California
“Best broasted chicken ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went to this little tiny restaurant in Oroville, CA called the Gold City Grill. When we walked in the door you could smell the broasted chicken and I couldn't even concentrate on the menu when it came, I had to have the broasted chicken. It was absolutely delicious. Very tasty and tender and something that you just cannot reproduce at home. It came with your choice of potatoes, fresh vegetables and bread. It also included a slice of pie and I chose the coconut pie which was extremely good. The service was friendly, the restaurant small, quaint and clean. There wasn't a line and we were seated instantly. Good down home type of food. Just wonderful, like being in Grandma's kitchen all over again. I will go there again and again.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank gettyping
Oroville, California
“I got food poisoning here and they didnt even care”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

So I visited this place before September of 2010 but that was the only option I had to write in on. I live in town and we used to go here quite a bit, my husband and I. On one of our occasions we were having the steak and eggs which is normally quite good here! My steak was not cooked right and I asked very nicely to have the waitress take it back. She was very sweet and took it back for me. What she brought me back was disgusting and still mooing! I was so upset. The cooks were mad because I had the gal take the steak back and barely even grilled it. I had wanted it medium rare, and the first steak had come out completely cooked. Second steak not cooked at all. I was so disappointed I just left. We did decide to come back and give it another shot. It was for dinner this time and I ended up getting very ill from what I ate. I wasnt going to say anything because I didnt want any compensation or anything, but I decided to call just so others would not get sick as well. I talked to the manager at the location and he just absolutely refused to believe that his "Clean" kitchen and well prepped food would have gotten me sick. I must have caught a flu or something. I was thinking, are you kidding me?! I am not wanting anything I am just wanting to let him know that I got sick from the food in his restaurant and he would have absolutely nothing to do with me. I have to also comment on the waitresses that were working there. Mind you this was over a year ago, but still, they need to hire waitresses who actually WANT a job. Some of those gals in there are grumpy and dont even refill your drink! The food is decent and you can get some good value, just be careful that you dont take your food back to the kitchen, and be careful of how it looks,smells and tastes to make sure it is fresh.

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank LearyTraveler

Been to Gold City Grill? Share your experiences!