“This was a great disappointment, for sure...”

Chaffin Family Orchards
Ranked #13 of 26 things to do in Oroville
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We've bought from Chaffin Family Orchards at the Chico farmer's market, but our visit to their "orchard/farm" was extremely disappointing, as one other reviewer has said earlier.

The area around the Chaffin's house, where we finally found the "shed" where produce is supposedly sold, was rather trashy, with a lot of old cars and trucks, etc.

And the little shed was not only hard to locate (no signs at all), but the only thing in it for sale were a few shabby looking peaches and some eggs in an old refrigerator.

The owner was busy and he wasn't very helpful (or very friendly), so we left without buying anything. We won't be back.

4  Thank NorCaliDave

Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I drove from Sacramento to see Oroville and this family orchard. We parked in what appeared to be area right outside the home. No one was around so I walked up the pathway towards the back area. Nothing there suggesting anything was available for sale to the public. There was a sign saying "fruit sales" on the side of a can, but I couldn't find anything resembling a fruit stand. There is a path that continues up the hill, but no signs. I don't know if the orchard is no longer open or not, though the sign announcing "Chaffin Family Orchards" is still at the entrance to the property. If the owner reads this, please put out some more signs for directions to the fruit/vegetable stand!!

6  Thank WStaso
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Chaffin Family Orchards is this amazing old fashioned little family farm. I have been on their tours many times. They are the most environmentally minded farm I have ever been to and they have almost as many items as a grocery store. They have fruit year round, I like their oranges in the winter. And in the summer they have the best peaches! They also sell beef, lamb, goat, chicken, and eggs, olive oil, beef jerky, jams, I don’t know that’s all I can think of but I am sure they have more. All of their meat is raised on grass in open pastures year round. You can call ahead and schedule a tour or you can stop by any time and buy fruit. They have a safe in their fruit stand and you can drop your money in there if no one is around. We stop by every time we are headed to Chico, Oroville, or Quincy. Don’t pass this place up…its an amazing place to grab some fresh fruit or whatever you need as well as to expose your kids to a slice of rural living. You won’t be disappointed!!!

4  Thank number1ck