“Great rooms, friendly staff”

The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Fresno, California
“Great rooms, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I recently came to Oroville to visit some friends of mine, and they recommended the Lodge at Feather Falls Casino. I must say that I was very impressed with the room. One thing I dislike about a lot of hotels is poor water pressure in the showers, but I was pleasantly surprised at the great water pressure. The bed was super comfortable, and it was very quiet throughout the night. The staff was wonderful, and had some great suggestions for what I should try down at the brewery restaurant down at the casino (The pizza is great!). I am not really a big gambler, but even so, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. They have two restaurants, a brewery and a buffet. I did not eat at the buffet this time, but I definitely will next time I come. When I come to Oroville, Feather Falls is the place I will stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dawn L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Burney, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

We recently took a trip to see Feather Falls Casino and Lodge in Oroville, CA. Along the way we stopped in Chico, CA at a store that my wife and I had been wanting to see for a few years at least. The store is Powell's Sweet Shop on West Third St downtown. The store is a gem which is a major understatement. There is every candy ever made available and the whole store is filled wall to wall with all kinds of goodies. Oh almost forgot the Gelato! Lots of flavors!!
Getting to Feather Falls is a nice trip the highway is almost new and empty so the drive is easy. Parking at the casino is quite accessible and once inside it is large enough to keep a person busy but not so large as to be too hectic. Our idea for this trip was to check out the brewery there. The beer is wonderful. We tried several varieties and liked them all. They are however somewhat hoppy but extremely tasty and very original. The staff was outstanding. After couple of beers we decided to checkout the casino. We're not prone to gambling but after only playing a few minutes, we WON! In fact we won enough to stay the night. Of course we had to check in at home a ask if our daughter would babysit over night. We felt like two kids on a fling. Our dinner was also fantastic and very reasonably priced. We decided to get a room and that's where a "tiny" problem came up. Seems we wanted to pay in cash (oh my) and although we told them this we ended up with a room charge on our card which took almost a week to come off. We were told that this charge would go away in a day. We would have used our card and saved the cash had we known this. We contacted the hotel the following monday and although the manager tried to fix it there was no way. So upshot is use your card and save the cash for the casino or brewery. Our room was fine, bed very comfortable, and everything was well appointed. We definitely will return and if we stay will use our card. Also they have a large stageroom which is just off the bar and they have good live music frequently. It's off the beaten path but worth checking out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank firemn317
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

DH and I went on a whim over the weekend. Called ahead and they had room + a show for $99 - not bad since the band was an Eagles tribute band and were extremely good. Snagged one of the 4 booths at the back and had the best seat in the house. Room was on 3rd floor with a small balcony and was fine. Has a indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi and fitness center.

Since it was our first trip, we received $30 in free slot play + $10 food credit.

Friday seafood buffet is decent. Oysters on the half actually smelled/tasted briny. Other items I like were: mussels, clams, peel & eat shrimp, crab, broasted chicken, cooked to order steak, good salad/soup bar. They had lots of other choices but I was trying to be semi good so stuck with just a few items. Big dessert selection also and DH said apple pie ala mode was good.

They advertise as being very loose on the slots. I didn't find that to be true but didn't lose too much. For being a smaller casino, they have a good number/variety of slots. Like to sit at the bar and play the poker machines. DH did well on blackjack so we basically broke even.

Bar has $1 beer most of the night from their own brewery. Other brands such as Bud are $1.50. Pretty good deal overall. Staff was pretty nice for all areas.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the casino with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calgal79
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

We just stayed here again, on Christmas Day night. Terrific room, clean, comfortable bed, great shower, with good water pressure. Quiet, and at night the view of the valley was pleasant. Staff is top notch, friendly, helpful, just a pleasure to stay here. We tell all of our friends to stay here, also. The food at the new Brewery is wonderful, too.

Room Tip: If you get a choice, the 3rd. floor is nice, good view of the hills.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kuchenesser
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

This was the first time me and my boyfriend stayed in Oroville. I had my doubts, but when we got to the lodge I was very impressed. Everything was so clean and the staff was so nice and helpful. The lobby had a welcoming atmosphere and they just started decorating the Christmas tree. I would remind all my friends and family to go stay, it was a very nice get away from Sacramento. Thank you again for the wonderful experience

Room Tip: We choose the 3rd floor it has a balcony you can sit on and enjoy the fresh air
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank katrina n
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very Impressive! This is the third motel/hotel we've stayed in around Oroville. This was the best by far. From the minute you walk in the grand entry (lobby) you are impressed. One thing that is sooo important is the nice friendly staff. The hotel sits away from the casino and the room was verrrrry quiet. Impressive amenities were: make-up mirror, deep tub, curved shower curtain, great water pressure, grab bars in shower, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, small refrigerator, numbered artwork on walls, desk w/ lamp and stationery, in room coffee & tea, high end wall coverings, 2 phones, internet connection in room, comfy bed, nice linens, nice view from window, wall a/c, nice furniture and above all the room was VERY CLEAN! We used the trip-advisor discount (good thru 11/11???) and they have AAA, AARP and other discounted rates. Just ask them. We also received coupons for $ off on food and gaming. A little off the beaten path, but well worth the short drive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JerrieLReese
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel is quiet, clean and comfortable . Nice pool and gym with treadmill, stair stepper, bike and elliptical machine. There is one problem with the pool area, they allow smoking there. So if you are swimming for exercise you'll have to time it when no smokers are there. If you are a non-smoker you won't enjoy the casino. Heavy smoke ! They have a very tiny so called "non-smoking area" in the middle of the casino next to the tables where people smoke heavily. It's a joke. The only other casino hotel in Oroville is just as bad as far as smoke. If you want non-smoking gambling you are better of going to Rolling Hills in Corning, Win River in Redding, Thunder Valley in Lincoln or Red Hawk in Placerville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
Gold Country Casino & Hotel
#7 of 11 in Oroville
Oxford Suites Chico
Oxford Suites Chico
#1 of 17 in Chico

Been to The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino? Share your experiences!