“Wow Southern Hospitality!!”
Review of Palm Cafe & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orick
Palm Cafe & Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orick
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed at the Palms in February I had no problems with getting a room. The price is not that bad considering how close you are to the ocean and the Redwoods. I am from Tennessee and to come to find out the owner is origianlly from Tennessee. She and her husband was extremely kind to me and my friends. The rooms are a little out dated but they were cleaned. The bed was soft. I had to let the water run just a little while to warm up and I had plenty of hot water. The resturant served great breakfast meals and also our dinner meals were great. I was only going to stay a couple of days but we ended up staying seven days. I did enjoy the convience of being close. I must say the only problem I had was the loud noise coming from that biker bar. I could have done without the noise or even looking at it. It looked like it was possesed by the devil

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Palm Cafe & Motel

Reviewed June 25, 2010

Terrible, unclean, and we got BED BUGS that ended up coming home with us!

Then to top it off they charged us for 3 nights when we only stayed for 2. When we asked if we could get a refund for one night they said sure, but when I get my bank statement I found out the charged me for an addition night.

SO ENDED UP PAYING FOR 4 NIGHTS WHEN WE ONLY STAYED FOR 2. Trust me you don't wan to stay here, you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank sdgoienh999ee
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Our car broke down, only hotel available, they charged up $80 for one room. The room smelled like mold, no hot water, the rooms are old and in desperate need of up dating. The toilette leaked as a result the bathroom floor was always wet. When I brought these issues to the manager/owner the next day, her language was abusive and angry. She told me I was wrong and she did us a favor by checking us in late. Needless to say, Don't Stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamiemclaws
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have stayed at The Palm several times and eaten at the restaurant during my stay. Sure, it is an older establishment but that is not all bad. My rooms were always clean and I had no problems with bad smells. I am making plans to return this summer and plan on staying at The Palm again. Our service has always been friendly and efficient in the motel and restaurant both. Our meals have been very good food with generous servings and priced right.
Short distance from the motel we could see elk, walk through the redwoods and visit many beaches. When I travel I want to be able to relax, staying at The Palm provided me with that luxury.
Thank you to the owners and staff for your outstanding service.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2009

An older motel, but kept very clean. The restaurant was great for some home cooking, instead of all that fast food. Great service and friendly staff. Loved it and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2009

This place is beyond words, really. First of all, for nearly hundred bucks You expect some quality. Especially in a drive through town, as small as Orick is.

The stairs to the second floor are wobbly and probably rotten. Be carefull where You put Your foot. Room was stinking, damp and mold here and there. Promised wifi didn't work in the room, only outside.

It was a mistake afterall. Won't do it again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peteiq
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Made reservations to stay one night. The owner was very pleasant and nice over the phone. When we got there and checked in, we went to the room and there is no other words except for the fact it should be "Condemmed" Stinky, floors, and steps rotting. There is no way I was going to sleep there. So went right back up to the office, and said I am sorry but this is not what we were expecting and that I could not stand the smell. So she gave us our money back and we left. Went back to Crescent city and stayed there instead. I just cannot beleive this place is allowed by the county to stay open.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RichardsonKid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orick
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Historic Requa Inn
Historic Requa Inn
#1 of 1 in Klamath
Trinidad Bay Bed & Breakfast Hotel

Been to Palm Cafe & Motel? Share your experiences!