“Ugly”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Duke's Charbroiler
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The people there were irritable and the cashiers were extremely rude. Every time I go there the cups and utensils are dirty and their breakfast waffle with syrup, mine had hairs in it! My French toast was frozen and not grilled and the cocoa was cold. BAD PLACE!

Reviewed September 22, 2011

There was only one other couple in the place when I went in about seven in the morning for breakfast. There was some advertising in their window in regards to a breakfast "special", but I opted to get a much smaller breakfast. You order at the counter, and then seat yourself. I tried to get a spot far away from the blasting television so I could savor my coffee and read the newspaper. Well, maybe "savor" is the wrong word to use with THIS cup of coffee! When the food came (with my knife and fork wrapped in a paper napkin) it was not as I had ordered it ("I'd like the scambled eggs soft, not dry") and the waitress DID take them back to be redone. Nontheless, the food was average, average, average. Why is it that when cooks make the hash brown potatoes, they grab them from their freezer and then crisp the outside when the stuff is still mush in the middle? I'd like to complain, but that is just about how everyone does it these days. This place is a definite "average".

1  Thank Fatbird1
Reviewed October 10, 2010

my friends and I all got sick after we ate here.... and the service was terrible. the girl taking our order couldn't answer basic questions about their menu items (e.g., does the combination dinner come w/ a drink?). should have known better than to eat there- the place is filthy inside. the tables and chairs are sticky and you should see the rags they use to wipe the tables. we're never ever going back there.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Asked cashier what the difference was between the nachos and the nachos supreme. Cashier was unsure and asked the cook who was behind her. The cook said beans and beef. I then asked about things like sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. Cashier again turned to cook, who got an attitude and said they always come on the side. I ordered what my husband asked for and cashier needed help to change combo to large drink. I then tried to clarify again that the only difference from the nachos and the supreme was the beans and beef. The cook and cashier said yes and the other things came on the side. Being a vegetarian, I didn't want the beef and didn't see paying two more dollars just for the refried beans, so I ordered the regular nachos. After waiting several minutes, I got our food and double checked the order to find that there was not sour cream, guac, or salsa. When I went to ask for it, another cashier told me the nachos only came with chips and cheese. I explained that was what I had been trying to find out the whole time. I must say that Elizabeth, the supervisor, was kind and understanding and gave me the sides, the whole time the cook was behind her with an attitude, mad.

Reviewed December 22, 2008

The food is excellent, but the service is horrible. The individual taking my order (on all three ocassions) was rude. She never once smiled or said thank you. On the last ocassion, she left me out at the drive though window for over 5 minutes, never once addressing me. I drove off, never to return. Too bad, because I think the food is good.