“A very good Best Western”

Best Western Orange Plaza
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The room was clean, with adequate space to move around, and good storage space. There was a refrigerator but no microwave. There was a large flat screen TV. The shower had both a grab bar and a rubber mat. Continental breakfast was quite varied, with three tables in the lobby and some tables outdoors.. No coin operated washers and dryers at this motel. Front desk personnel were helpful. This BW was a good place to stay for several nights

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldbrdrz
Roger D, Manager at Best Western Orange Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We strive to make your experience memorable.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

While the hotel itself is friendly and welcoming, the front desk day staff leaves much to be desired.

I had called ahead of time to see if I was able to check in early, was told that it wouldnt be a problem. However, when I arrived, I was told that I had to wait until after 2pm to check in. The desk clerk was not friendly at all, and certainly did not make me feel welcomed at the establishment. When I originally checked in I was unsure of my length of stay. I stayed a total of 3 days, each morning going in to the office and paying for another night. On the second day, the desk clerk's comment was "Arent you going home yet?" He was not kidding!!

The swing and night shift clerks were just the opposite - very pleasant to speak to and very accomadating when I needed something.

The rooms themselves are very well organized and clean. The hotel is located on a busy Orange County street, but you would never know it - as it was quiet.

The only downfall is that there are no microwaves in the rooms, but there is one in the lobby that you can go down and use. There is also no laundry facilities on the premises, but there is a laundromat about a block down the street.

I will probably stay again, as it is in an area that I frequent, I will just avoid the daytime staff!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in Orange County and this was perfect for the price. We spent three nights in this hotel and enjoyed it very much. Our king room was large and extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was large and clean. The pool and area surrounding it was beautiful and so clean. The hanging baskets of flowers on the 2nd level were pleasant to look at. Parking spaces were more than adequate and NO parking fees. Location is close to freeway and close to OC courts and downtown. I liked everything about this property. Not one complaint.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mims66
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My wife and two teen age girls have stayed here about four times in the last three years. We find it to be a clean, comfortable place to sleep when we visit our daughter who attends Chapman University as well as 5 minutes from Disneyland. The staff has always seemed to go above and beyond to accommodate us. Keep in mind, this is a small L shaped two story motel with a small outdoor swimming pool. There is a breakfast nook where you can get cereal, bagels, danish, toast, juice & coffee in the lobby, which is included in the price of the stay. It has free Wifi and is near Highway 5, downtown Orange, Chapman University, Angel Stadium and the Disneyland resort. The rooms provided a coffee maker, an empty refrigerator, desk, table and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank miniwalt
Reviewed September 23, 2010

we get great spa treatment and relax in this hotel as well. it is the fantastic place for getting pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank maha6
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Hi,

I just returned from a single day stay near Chapman University. This hotel is a terrible choice. Do not stay here. The person at the front is extremely rude. All I asked was a simple shower cap in the morning. He treats me like dirt, saying we ran out many weeks ago. If a hotel runs out of basic necessitites "many months ago", shouldn't they stock up? Asked him where Chapman University was, he says they shut it down, and doesn't exist anymore. Later, says that was just a joke! Doesn't understand when a customer is in not in a mood for a joke. The guy was a tall and hefty. I am short and meek. I'm the customer though, so he should treat me like a regular person, not his slave!

I go back later to checkout, and it takes eternity for his assistant. His assistant is an 80-year old man with hands trembling from Alzheimers. Granted, I should be considerate for him, but why employ people who can't swipe a credit card? He just could not get me a final bill, and after 15 patient minutes, he simply says I'll mail it to you!!! Extremely rudeto people when they are in a rush to get back to the airport to catch a flight.

DONT EVER STAY HERE! NOT WORTH IT!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SJcasualtraveler
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I was assigned this hotel by Priceline's "name your own price" feature. The hotel looks like it was built in the 70s, but it was recently remodeled. My room was completely clean. It included an Aeron-type desk chair and a tube TV with free HBO. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a basic tub/shower and toilet affair. The air conditioner was noisy but effective, even on a 100-degree day. The pool was reasonably large but because there was absolutely no shade in the pool area, I didn't use it (there were metal tables and chairs, but no umbrellas or overhangs.) The continental breakfast included coffee, packaged pastries, toast, bagels, fruit, and juice. There was a computer terminal in the lobby for guests' use at no charge. The clerk who checked me in was very pleasant. I usually had to insert my keycard 7 or 8 times before it opened my door. The manager suggested that in the future, I pull the door toward me while using the card. Of course, this really should be repaired. In summary, this was a clean, adequate hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
#10 of 23 in Santa Ana

Been to Best Western Orange Plaza? Share your experiences!