“Disappointing.”

Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 476 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Glassell St
Description: GABBI PATRICK is dedicated to integrating moderngastronomy with the indigenous and traditional recipes of Mexicancuisine. In her pursuit of preserving the rich culinary heritage ofMexico, Gabbi has adopted an eco-gastronomic approach in herinterpretation of “Old World” recipes. Her passion and vision arereflected in every detail of her craft, from supporting local farmsto her extensive travels throughout Mexico.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After hearing raves about Gabbi's in the past and reading their high Zagat rating my wife and I had lunch there. We were quite disappointed. I ordered carnitas tacos. After a considerable wait we got the order, but the three tacos were very dry, and barely lukewarm. Eventually I caught the waiter's eye and complained and he promptly brought me a new order. This time they were moist and hot, but I still felt that the flavor was mediocre. The beans that came with it were excellent, however. My wife ordered carne asada tacos, which were considerably better, but still not exceptional. We enjoyed the setting and the general ambiance of downtown Orange, but were disappointed with the food.

2  Thank Tom N

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife, daughter and I went to Gabbi's this afternoon for lunch. I was looking for a new place near my officeand my wife like's Mexican food. One of my co-workers recommended Gabbi's so I decided to try it.

My daughter ordered the taquitos, which she said were very good but not unique. My wife tried the Tacos Pueblas. THey have steak, sausage and bacon and onion with melted cheese. My wife LOVED them, and that doesnt happen often. Her meal also came with french-fried yucca root, which was fun and different. I had the daily special - Shrimp Posole. The broth was terriific, and there was plenty of shrimp and hominy in the soup. It had some kick to it (made my nose run a little) but was not overwhelming. I would definitely order that again.

THe service was very good, although we did run out of water. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.

We plan to return to Gabbi's.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Gabbi's is my favorite mexican restaurant ever! The ambiance coupled with great food really makes this a special place! They make uniquely delicious margharitas, flavorful sauces and a great presentation. This is a place you don't want to miss. Make reservations as they are always full.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Truly exceptional Mexican food. Lovely staff and a beautiful room. I hope people realize what a gem they have in gabbi's. I dream of their mole Oaxaquena year round. Everything is fresh, homemade, thoughtfully presented and taken to the next level.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is where we take friends to eat if we want to really impress them. This is not some greasy-spoon hole-in-the-wall Mexican dive. This is gourmet Mexican cuisine, and the prices aren't $0.99 taco Tuesday prices.

The service is equitable to a five star restaurant. The folks here know they're running a classy operation, and they treat you in a sophisticated manner. My husband and I went out with a friend for dinner here and we ordered a bottle of wine to share, and we loved listening to our waiter's advice and description on the kind of wine that he thought we'd enjoy the most. The complimentary chips and salsa were incredible (careful not to fill up on those before you eat!) and we ordered an appetizer of duck confit and I-don't-know-what! But what I do know is that I'd never had duck before and I LOVED this. For dinner we ordered a variety of things, but I can only remember what I ordered- the enchiladas suizas. I've never eaten enchiladas so quickly nor enjoyed them so much. They are SO GOOD. The menu here is pricier, but it's worth it for the romantic atmosphere, incredible service, and unforgettable food.