“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Murray, Utah
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Booked through Priceline $45/night for 3 nights. Parking is $13/day, but wasn't charged for it and noticed on receipt something about a bonus, so that was great. Checked in at 13:30 with no problems. Parking is always available compared to many hotels near Disney that can get crowded. Room was kind of dated, but spotless. Beds are fantastic. We were on the 4th floor facing east and the room was very quiet except for some door slamming (humans, what can you do?). Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Room service was prompt. Make sure you try the taco salad. Only $10, filling and tasted great. Very nice business room past the gift shop with 24 hour guest key access. They had 3-4 computers with free internet and I never really saw anyone there. Very easy to print our airline tickets. Didn't try the restaurant, but it seemed very busy on weekend mornings with what looked like non-guests, so my guess is it's a good place to eat if the locals are there. Never a wait at the elevators. Again, I was very pleased with how quiet the room was and we were on an inside corner with hallways on two sides of us. Oh, and the room was made up perfectly very quickly each day. We'd come back at about 1pm after just leaving a couple hours earlier and it would be completely made up, with no housekeeping in site. Always a smile and greeting by the valet guys near the front door, plus a friendly hello from the person (security?) at the desk just inside the door. I always felt safe while staying there.

Downsides. No fridge in regular rooms and no safe, but that's about it. The rooms on the high floors have a fridge.

I would certainly stay there again, even at a much higher price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This was our first stay in a Doubletree. I received two rooms for $45/night, 3 nights, during Spring Break in a Priceline bid. I wasn't sure what I was getting into and didn't know how I would like staying 3 or 4 miles (I think) away from Disney instead of within walking distance. Let me just say that I am now a huge Doubletree fan. They are the gold standard by which I will judge all comparably priced/starred hotels. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly and the warm cookies were amazing ( and they gave us some whenever we asked, which was each time we went out the door). The rooms were just average sized, but the beds were amazing! Cozy and comfy with several pillow selections. The hotel was also very quiet. I know there were plenty of other people there, but we never heard them in the halls or entering their rooms with a slam of a heavy hotel room door. This was important to me as the last time we visited Disneyland and stayed within walking distance of the park, the hotel had kids and teenagers running and roaming the halls at all hours of the night and day. It was hard to get any sleep.

This brings me to another point that we really enjoyed...the shuttle service. We parked our car the night we arrived and didn't move it until we left three days later. The shuttles to Disneyland were timely and plentiful and the drivers were real troopers. Particularly the woman who had to pick everyone up at closing time and made extra trips back and forth to get everyone home. I've decided I liked staying away from the park area better, as walking back to the hotel after a full day of walking the parks was exhausting. It was nice to get on a shuttle and be done.

One final note, on the 2nd to last day, by some snafu, our rooms didn't get cleaned. When we returned from the park and told the front desk, they were horrified and immediately sent up vouchers for a free breakfast for our entire party. The breakfast was wonderful--a buffet and anything you wanted cooked to order.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was my first time visiting a Doubletree Hotel and I was very impressed. Upon checking in we were all given warm chocolate chip cookies. They were so good! It made the atmosphere seem more like family rather than all businesslike.

When the staff found out that my mom had the stomach flu and missed out on our first day in Disneyland, they sent her some toast from room service at no charge. This was so thoughtful and kind.

The one complaint I have is the double beds. While they were comfortable, they were much too small for two adults. We had to squish due to the number of people in our party, so we didn't get much sleep, but the good definitely outweighed the bad, overall.

One and a half thumbs up from me!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Greenville, SC
Reviewed May 20, 2010

If you're looking for a safe, clean, affordable place to stay, this will do. My wife and I were just passing through on the Interstate and decided to stay here. We booked on Priceline, which got us an incredible deal. We didn't mind paying for parking obviously, because it was only an extra $13 on top of what we paid.

The room was comfy, a little out-dated I would say for sure. But we really weren't looking for a trendy place to stay. We wanted someplace we felt safe staying at, and we found it.

The cookie wasn't all that great, but it was still a nice try.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I got this hotel via Priceline and was pleased with the general services, room facilities and location. I did not have a car, so the parking fee was not an issue. Some reviewers commented on the cost of the wifi - but this is only in room. There was free wifi connections in the lobby area, which I had no problems with connecting my laptop. Also, there is a business center which has 3 computers and printers with free internet access. I used the business center to print out my boarding passes.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Excellent service - cookie on arrival was a nice touch and yummy to boot. Rooms a little dated but roomy, clean and well equipped though there was no fridge or safe. Safety deposit box available free of charge they are small (unable to fit netbook in it) and this is not as convenient. There is a charge for WiFi, with no mention of charges in literature or communal areas having WiFi connectivity. Very conveniently located for Disney and shopping centre with cinema & bowling within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Booked this on priceline for $41 night and thought it was well worth it. Hotel is old but decent for the price. The $13 parking fee is annoying but they all seem to charge that now. The cookies at check in were delicious. We would definitely stay here again if going to Disneyland since it was close. Only negative we can say is that they were out of cribs so our baby had to sleep in his car seat. Beds were comfy and they do allow pets!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
ALO Hotel
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!