“Good facility, great location and fantastic service!”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I would like to start the review by thanking all staff members for going out of their way to make our stay such a fantastic one. Special thanks to Liz Avecedo at the front desk!

Location: 15 min. away from J. Wayne Santa Ana airport ($10 by shuttle from airport). 10 min. away from Disneyland (free shuttle by hotel). An outlet mall and a best buy right across the street. A few min. from Santa Ana freeway (main highway to LA and other cities). Excellent location!

Check-in: Fast although I arrived early (10 am). I called them the day before and they had my room ready. You're greeted with the warm and delicious Doubletree cookies at check-in.

Room: Average size, clean, comfy beds and pillows. I recommend higher floor rooms as the hotel overlooks a couple of roads and traffic may be noisy. My room was located on the 6th floor and I had no problem. Only downside is that there is no in-room safe.

Food: There are 3 options, the Trofi which is the main restaurant, a starbucks booth and the lobby lounge. Breakfast in the Trofi is very good. You have 2 choices, continental and full breakfast (hot meals). Food is tasty, good variety and not expensive. Snacks in the lounge bar have large portions and very tasty as well.

Services: There is a small/open area business center right next to the reception with complementary access to desktop computers and printing. You can purchase Disneyland tickets at the reception and the hotel provides free shuttle service to Disneyland. It runs regularly back and forth throughout the day. Parking is $14/day unless you book a car with the room (room and zoom package) then the charge is waived. Concierge service is available to book shuttles or cabs to/from airport, other destinations (malls, LA, etc.). Shuttle to LA airport was for $14.

Staff: Now if there is one thing that makes this hotel stand out, it's the staff. They go out of their way to meet your needs. I would like to single out Liz Avecedo at the front desk, she was fantastic and sorted out everything when needed. Conceirge, housekeeping and restaurant staff were all fantastic and just couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are renovated and quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for review. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. We are happy to read that you were able to utilize all of the amenities available to our guests. We hope that next time you travel to Orange County you choose to stay with us for yet another enjoyable stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,687)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

As Disneyland Annual Passholders, my daughter and I travel to Anaheim several times a year. And, we have stayed at a lot of different hotels. We just stayed at this property and we loved it! Check-in was smooth and efficient. I loved the easy parking access. The lot was big and secure. And, they actually had parking spaces specifically for check-in! We had a suite. It wasn't the largest suite we've ever had. But, it was very comfortable. The pool area was nice although they did run our of towels and took a while to have them replaced. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. We plan on staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a great time here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. We hope that during your next trip to Disneyland, you give us the opportunity to welcome you back for yet another great stay.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, it's just nothing to write home about. It's proximity to Disney and Angels Stadium is great, but if you're looking for some good local flavor you'll need to go exploring a bit. The room was very much run-of-the-mill. The overall size was acceptable, but the bathroom was predictably tight. Also, I would not recommend a high floor - as full as this hotel usually is, the ability to take the stairs (especially down in the morning) should not be overlooked.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope that next time you are in town you choose to stay with us again here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim Orange County.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

When I first booked this stay, it was for one night at a nearby Hilton hotel. Prior to the stay, I had decided to add a day to help with the trip travel for an earlier arrival. the great customer service people offered to move me to the Double Tree for the same per night rate for two nights. Accepting this offer, I was skeptical that this would be a lesser hotel. I was wrong. the staff and service was tremendous and the room was pleasant. The staff were helpful and obliged many of the requests our family asked. And of course, the cookies offered were always helpful in putting a smile on our faces.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that your stay was better than expected. I was happy to read from your review that you had a good experience with our staff. Our main priority is for you to feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We hope that next time you are in town you make the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim OC for first choice.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for six days while on business in Orange County. From the time I checked in until the time I checked out every staff member I met was extremely pleasant and helpful. I made use of the cloud-based printing service several times and it worked perfectly--and copies were free. My room faced the Univ. of CA-Irvine Medical Center, but when I used the noise-muffling fan in the room, I couldn't hear the ambulances or the helicopters. The exercise room was small but very adequately equipped. Although the prices in the restaurant were high, the food was very good and the service was excellent. The only downside--which surprised me given CA's reputation for trendy--was the lack of many gluten-free options on the menu. However, the wait staff suggested substituting fruit for the toast at breakfast and the bread at lunch. If I return to the area - I will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Chapman is a busy street & the UC-Irvine Hospital are busy, so a higher floor is definitely your...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a great time here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible. I was happy to read form your review that you had a good experience with our staff. Our main priority is for you to feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We hope to see you next time you are in town for business.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for four nights over Memorial Day weekend. We’re HHonors Gold and frequent guests to the area; we picked this hotel after becoming increasingly dissatisfied with our previous preferred property.

We were assigned a low-floor room; apparently the higher floors have been renovated and are rented for a premium. This turned out to be a blessing as Disneyland was in the distance and we had an amazing view of the nightly fireworks display! The room was clean, albeit a bid “tired” looking, and bed comfortable. The high speed internet worked great! At booking, we requested robes, extra pillows and a blanket and they were in the room when we arrived.
The continental breakfast was limited in selection (plenty of fruit, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels and muffins) but the food was very good. The blueberry muffins were incredibly delicious! Between them and the 310-calorie Doubletree cookie (the hotel is very liberal in giving them away), I’m certain I gained a pound. As HHonors Gold, we were also given certificates for a free nightly hors d’oeuvers; the selection was good, portion HUGE and quality fantastic! Cold bottled water (another Gold benefit) was available at the front desk.

This hotel also offers a business center, with complimentary access to wired desktop computers (featuring MS Office) and printing. I had unexpected work to do, and this turned out to be a lifesaver given that all I brought was my iPad! And although we didn’t use it, the hotel offered hourly shuttle service to Disneyland – plus some overnight service during the weekend, as the park was open 24-hours.

What we didn’t like was that the rooms lacked a safe. I can’t remember the last time I was in a deluxe-class, name brand hotel that didn’t have an in-room safe. The property does have safe deposit boxes, but it’s nowhere near as convenient as having them in-room. A minor annoyance was that the hotel booked several large groups and some of the kids passed the time by apparently riding the elevators up and down. For the first two days we stayed here, it wasn’t uncommon to spend 5-10 minutes awaiting an available elevator, no matter what time of day it was.

A good hotel and a great value for what we paid. We’ll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Hearing from your guests helps us provide the best experience possible. We are happy to read that you had a good experience at our hotel. We are happy you found the rooms clean and amenities useful during your stay. Also that you enjoyed the food from the restaurant. We can't wait for you to come back into town and give us the opportunity to welcome you back for yet another great stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Outstanding service. The shuttle to and from Disney worked like a charm. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Additionally, the hotel is located in a great location. Close to Disney and the outlet mall. This hotel exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a great time here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim-OC. We are glad that the complimentary shuttle to Disneyland was at your convenience. We were happy to read from your review that you had a good experience with our staff. Our main priority is for you to feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We hope that on your next trip to Disneyland, you give us the oppportunity to welcome you back for yet another great stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#5 of 119 in Anaheim
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!