“Convenient location, a little too big and how about some free WiFi?”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2014

2 nights here for business. Close to shopping and some restaurants. Nothing really stands out at this hotel, just a big Hilton property. If you're coming to Anaheim for Disney, you probably get more room for your money than at one of the hotels closer to the park. They do offer shuttle service to the Magic Kingdom.

For a business traveller, it was quiet and had enough plugs to charge all my gadgets. Starbucks coffee in the lobby was a plus.

I was assigned an accessible king room. I really don't like the bathrooms in accessible rooms as I wear contacts and need space to put the bottles of solution, etc. This room had absolutely no counter space. I think the front desk should have asked if I was OK with this kind of room.

I would like to see full service hotels offering complimentary parking and WiFi. If Hampton Inn can do it, a Hilton can too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim / Orange County when you were in town. We apologize for your troubles with the room. We agree that the Front Desk should have asked if you would have been happy in that room. Your feedback is very important to us and we are working diligently to correct the problems you experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience but hope for the opportunity to welcome you back soon for an enjoyable stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed one night. I checked out early the following morning. When I went to retrieve my car from the motel parking lot about noon the same day I realized I had left my GPS in my room. I went to the front desk and reported my error. Hotel staff checked and could not find the GPS. When I got home two days later I called the motel and left a detailed message with Security/Lost and Found. I never got a return call. I recognize it was my fault to have left the GPS in my room. But I would have hoped to recover the GPS.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you missplaced your GPS. We will follow up with security and see what we can do to locate the item. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Actual rating = 3.25

We chose the Doubletree in Orange for its relative closeness to Angel Stadium instead of Disneyland. There are dozens of places in the same price range as this Doubletree that are closer to Disney. There is a free hotel shuttle to and from the park. The walk to Angel Stadium is straight, safe and easy from the Doubletree in Orange.
This property is a little older but not worn out yet. Our two queen room was a little cramped and the bathroom quite small. Older hotel design. The room and bathroom were both clean. The deck area outside the lounge is very pleasant, as is the lobby. The pool space is very small, especially for a hotel this size. There is a sport court as well as a tennis court. There is guest laundry outside the main building in a cabana by the pool. Unusual? During our two day visit the washing machines were not working. The staff Doubletrees are always easy to get along with.
There are lots of good food options within a short walking distance.
Bonus; if you suffer a medical emergency, you can walk across the street to a hospital.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We are glad you chose our hotel for your visit when coming to the Angels game. We hope you consider us next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Wonderful hotel, great price, loved everything about it! Even through an earthquake the hotel staff was professional and compassionate. Wonderful stay for me and my daughter! We spent hours looking at the pond, using the facilities, sitting in the lounge and enjoyed the quietness of the hotel in all hours.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim/ Orange County. We hope that next time you are in town, you and your daughter can stay with us again and enjoy the amenities once again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights in March, 2 Adults and 2 Children (4 and 8). We booked a standard room with 2 double beds and found that we had plenty of room.
The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. The room itself was perfectly acceptable, a good size TV with heaps of selections. We had a view of the Disneyland fireworks which was great for the kids. The bathroom was also fine, clean and tidy. The only thing i would have liked better was a stronger shower head, but it was ok. We had no issues with housekeeping, they actually made some towel creatures each day in the bathroom which my kids thought were cute. The hotel itself is very well appointed. The lobby is clean, tidy and looks great. Check in was fine, we arrived an hour early for check in and it was no problem. We loved the cookies. There is also a lobby shop with snacks, drinks and other basic items which is handy. We ate in the restaurant each morning for breakfast and once for dinner. Breakfast was fine, with eggs made to order and a buffet which was fine. It did get very busy on weekends but that would be expected due to more people. The dinner was fine, service was good. Nice and close to the Outlet mall which had plenty of options for food. You do get the odd Ambulance siren, but you would given that it is next door to a hospital. The free shuttle to Disneyland was also great with the drivers friendly and on time. We checked out on the Sunday morning and they were happy to store our luggage for the day while we were at Disneyland.
All in all, we had a good experience here and would stay again the the future. For the price you pay, this hotel is good value and well maintained.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook Disneyland are good for watching the fireworks
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We love to hear from our happy guests. We are delighted to hear you had a great stay. Our main priority is for you to feel welcome and comfortable during your stay. We are glad you experienced this. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were there for a family vacation, Check in was fast an friendly. Staff was great. Rooms were clean but could have been better .. found a Lacrosse ball and a jelly bean on the floor. We had two rooms reserved and it was so nice of them to give us rooms next to each other.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We always aim to provide the most comfortable and cleanes stay for all guests. We regret you did not have this experience. We do hope to welcome you back and show you our true commitment to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am a HH member and always stay at DoubleTree hotels. This was the worst experience that I had. The shower drain was horrible slow and every morning there was black sewage in the tub. I made three calls to the care line for additional towels, coffee, etc and none of the items were delivered.

2  Thank Jaime D
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Jaime,

Thank you for your feedback about the comfort and appointment of your guestroom and the issue with water in your shower. We’ve worked with maintenance to fix the issue, but we’re very sorry that it wasn't resolved sooner. At our hotel, we are constantly updating our facilities and hope this prevents any additional issues. Thanks again for your review and we hope you stay with us the next time you return to the area so we may demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

The DT Executive Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
#6 of 119 in Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!