“Very pleasant experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay. The buttons on the A/C took some time before they started working. I had to keep pushing them to get the temperature to rise or decrease. Other than that the room was very roomy, very clean, and I was very nice to have a microwave and mini fridge in the room. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Durango, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

No continental breakfast, extra charge for Wi-Fi and parking, old and outdated. Popcorn texture on ceiling was ugly, stained and dirty. Poorly insulated for sound so quite noisy. Very friendly staff and close to Angel staium and Honda Center.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Jon,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. At our hotel, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep your comments on comfort and amenities in mind as we continually work to improve our guests' experience.

The DoubleTree Management Team
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Needed to book a hotel reservation for a 2-night stay on the day of, and the customer service was able to assist me with no problems. It was a choice between the Double Tree or Hyatt for 4-star hotels in the Anaheim/Santa Ana area. We went with the Double Tree since it was about $40 cheaper in price. Got to the hotel, and the lobby looked fairly modern. But when we checked in and went to our room, it looked too dated to be considered 4-stars. More like a hotel room fit for the 80's. Only modern thing about the room was a 42" LCD TV. We noticed the room did not have a mini fridge. When we called the desk to request a room with a mini fridge, they said our only option was to rent one for $10/night. I would expect a 4-star hotel to provide one already in the room, not for an extra charge. The room was already nothing special to begin with, so they could have at least provided a mini fridge. All in all, I think next time I would go with the Hyatt for a little more money, or downgrade to a 3-star hotel, which would probably be on par in terms of room quality with this Double Tree. One nice thing to mention about this place is the kind service provided by the woman who helped me at the restaurant. I forgot her name, but she was one of the more senior-aged employees.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim- Orange County. We appreciated your honesty. We always aim to provide the most comfortable and easy going stay for all guests. We regret you did not experience this. Thank you for your review.
calabasas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. they even offered us to move rooms in order to see the fireworks from disneyland after we had showered!!i wish we could have stayed for a few more nights but we will definitely go back again. the warm cookies are always a treat. the beds were extremely comfortable. when i called for extra blankets they were delivered promptly. the women at the starbucks counter were also very helpful and friendly. hilton is a great chain and i will try to book with them when i travel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are beyond happy you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to view the Disneyland fireworks. That's always a great show. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Anaheim, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights on Jan 31, 2014 and Feb 1 2014. The room was clean and had everything we wanted, except for the bathroom. It was the smallest bathroom we have ever had, which was a problem since my wife had an operation at the adjacent hospital and could not prepare easily.. The room could have used a walk-in shower, for I nearly slipped in the tub and my wife could not get into the tub....her legs are too painful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments and choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County for your recent visit. Your feedback is very important to us. We were disappoined to see that you had an issue with our guestroom bathrooms which have been renovated in the recent years. I am sorry they were not up to your expectations. I wish your wife a speedy recovery.
Anaheim Orange County, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

It's the third year I go to this hotel (travel purpose being the NAMM Show), and there is simply nothing negative to say about this hotel. It's clear that rooms are not specially cheap, but the quality of the rooms deserves the price you pay. At least, you are sure to sleep well, which is far being the case for all hotels located in this area. All employees in the hotel know what service mean, and they simply make their job well. The restaurant located within the hotel (TROFI) is a bit expensive, but menu is good and service is excellent. I recommend the breakfast buffet. I do not like driving in USA, and having no car in California can easily become a pain, but this hotel offers services for free which makes this option possible. There is a free shuttle for NAMM every 20 minutes, you can rent a car if necessary directly at desk. And the AMTRAK Anaheim station is not far away (20 minutes walking, then 45 minutes of train to go to LA Union Station). There is also a nice mall just one street away which some nice restaurants and shops, and there is also a good choice of restaurants on Chapman avenue. The only reason I would not come to this hotel in the coming years would be that no rooms are available!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the DoubleTree Anaheim. We look forward to seeing you next year for the next NAMM Show.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just had our annual conference at this hotel so my feedback is from a business function standpoint. I had done site visits for about 10 hotels in the area and chose the Doubletree mainly because of their amazing customer service they showed and I was convinced our group would be treated in the same manner. Overall I will say I was pleased and we didn't have any major issues. However, although I don't have major complaints, I also don't feel we received the same service I was blown away with initially.

The positives - the food was good, the rooms were nice, everyone was attentive, the location was great since it was walking distance the Outlets at Orange. The negatives - I had complaints that the air conditioning was not working in several rooms and when they turned it on, there was an awful smell. I had some special food requests that were not handled to my satisfaction. Check in was slow. Guests were being charged for early check in that was never discussed with me. I arranged for a welcome letter to be received by our guests (suggested by the hotel) and found out that was not being handed out as discussed. The coffee shop was closed during the day. The bars closed earlier than I was aware of. The restaurant was pretty pricey and service was slow every time our guests were there. I didn't see any of the special service that sold me originally. This was really just another business hotel that was nice, but nothing that wowed me or our guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your candid feedback of your business meeting. Your comments are helpful to us and we will pass them along to the appropriate departments to make future business meetings more successful. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your group.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
ALO Hotel
BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!