“Disneyland visit”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel cuz I had the impression it was close to disneyland but it is a lot closer to the orange factory outlet and angel stadium. In short, I don't understand why they charge parking fees for the guests. You have to take a shuttle which seems to be available every hour. so if you missed it, you might as well take a nap. so if I am going to disneyland, I might as well stay somewhere else where parking is free. At least, I can park my car @disney and leave anytime i want. i don't have to wait for the shuttle - besides, the difference between disneyland parking and doubletree parking is only $3 and when the shuttle arrives at disneyland, they let the family with kids board the shuttle first.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jomama_Fosho
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your review, we hope you stay with us the next time you are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was physically appealing and convenient. However ..., we: 1). Paid $17 for a supposedly "complimentary" breakfast. 2). Paid $13 per day for parking (?!?) So much for the impact of the Triple A "discount".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The staff was very helpful and nice. The rooms are super cute. I am not the biggest fan of hotels but I'd definitely stay at another Doubletree. The shuttle to Disneyland was easy and convenient as well. I'd definitely recommend for somebody that wants to stay near Disneyland but not pay the hefty prices of the Disney hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you found our staff to be very helpful and nice. We appreciate the positive energy about our Disneyland shuttle and how you felt it was easy and convenient. Please visit us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff was very nice and let us verify if we liked the room before actually checking in. the warm cookies they give at check in are delicious by the way. We really enjoyed our stay, the bedroom was bright an clean and the bed sooo confortable! the only thing we missed was complimentary wi-fi! we also loved the fact we could access the spa whenever we wanted. and it was close to a couple of highways which made it easy to drive around. only downside was that we were woken one morning by the helicopter of the hospital in front :-). We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! Please think of us the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Made reservation by calling the 1800# (talked to an actual person), 6 months prior to our trip. Reserved 2 connecting rooms (20th anniversary with the kids). Called today to confirm my reservation, and not only does that hotel not have connecting standard rooms (only suites), they could barely get us on the same floor (literally each end of the hall). My children are 13 and 15, and although well traveled and aware, I didn't want them all the way down the hall. Even asked for a different combination of rooms in order to get us closer and the management would not budge (said they were booked).
The manager quickly turned the blame on their reservation service (I hate it when people in the service industry pass the buck), and the only one who could help me wouldn't be in until the next day. Really? They don't have someone on staff who can deal with reservation problems at all times? I could get better service at a Holiday Inn Express.
My husband has worked with hotels (conventions) for the past 20 yrs. and says this is all B.S. Room assignments are a shuffle game (constantly moving), and I called a week before our vacation to confirm. I have stayed at Double Tree Inns before...enjoyed them, have been impressed by them, but this one has left me with a bad taste.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1firewife

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn't up to our usual high standards. We've addressed the problems you mentioned with your reservations and the level of service you received while attempting to make modifications. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've stayed here on three occasions, and have always had a very positive experience. My advice is to join Hilton Honors program and get free Internet access. Restaurant is first rate, work-out facility fine, staff very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce L
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank You so much for your review. We are always happy to hear from our Hilton Honors members!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My hubby and I stayed at the Doubletree over the long memorial day weekend and had a fabulous time! At check-in, Dawn was amazing! She took very good care of us. I wanted a corner room, no problem. I'm a hilton honors member and asked to upgrade to a full breakfast, no problem. I asked for extra pillows, no problem. What a nice way to start the trip!

We were spending the long weekend at Disneyland with family and celebrating my hubby's B-day as well. We mentioned the B-day to Dawn and she sent up a bottle of champange that evening as a nice surprise. I was shocked! Now that's customer service.

The day we checked out I spoke to the Asst Manager about how impressed I was with the hotel and most importantly, Dawn. Kuddos to Doubletree for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan Rhonda R
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoy their stay! Please think of us the next time you are in the area! Tell your husband Happy Birthday! Thanks Again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!