“Great hotel in a good location”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is across from UC Irvine medical center. About 10 minutes to Disneyland. Parking is $15. Checkin is quick and efficient. Rooms are clean and well appointed. A good option if you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for the review, Bill.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 for our visit to Disneyland.

Excellent location, excellent shuttle service (but sometimes it was full and we had to wait, but it was super convenient and FREE), excellent service and I loved the cookies

Booked on a third-party site but when I checked it gave them my Hilton Honors GOLD card and got all the privileges. Upgrade breakfast which was great!

Nice room, nice and big. Convenient location next to the City Outlet Mall - many restaurants to choose from - all walking distance.

When we left, I forgot my braces in the restroom. Called the security and he sent it to me to my next destination in Seattle. I received it the next day - great service!

A superb experience. Would recommend this hotel to everyone who's going to Disneyland. Don't waste money on a Disney hotel because Doubletree provides a shuttle service which is very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Girafe22

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you had a great experice at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The room was dirty, the carpet looked like it wasn't vacuumed because there was hair and crumbs on the floor. I'm pretty sure no one used this room or their housekeepers don't know how to clean because the tv and coffee machine were both dusty. There was sticky stuff on the desk and the night stand. I can't fail to mention that the bath tub water WOULD NOT drain. Worst of it all, I had called downstairs and asked them to be moved to a different room, preferably one of the newly renovated ones and they told me it would cost an extra $50 a night. I was not happy but figured it could be a lot worse so I stuck it out and figured, well, we will be in Disneyland all day. Anyways, when we got back home to San Francisco I complained to the Hilton and they apologized and sent us a refund for one of the two nights we were there. (Hence the extra star) I do not recommend this Hotel but believe in second chances so when ALL of their rooms are renovated MAYBE JUST MAYBE, we'll consider stay their again. MAYBE!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTreeOrange, Sales Assistant at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We are glad we were able to help you with this but regret you had to experience it at all. We hope you'll give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

GOODS
clean room
close drive to disneyland

BADS
no shuttle bus to take guests from hotel to Disneyland (this would have been nice for families)
small bathroom
lobby can do with a makeover as it felt quite dull

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review Tracey. I believe there is some accidental mix up with us and the Hilton-Anaheim in your review. Either way, we hope you enjoyed your time at Disneyland, and please consider the DoubleTree in Orange, CA next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights with my son on a recent trip to Disneyland. It's a bit farther from the park, but there is a complimentary shuttle and if you're driving to the park yourself, it's easy to drive to the theme park. We've stayed at several hotels in this general area and this property has the benefits of other amenities close by including the outlet mall with lots of dining options (and a skate part to entertain the kids). It's also a better value than some of the close hotels.

We had a room on one of the upper floors with a nice "view" of the area. The room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VWC_SD

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you found our property to be a good value. Please visit us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last weekend to be near the Honda Center for a Anaheim Ducks game. EVERY employee we encountered was exceptionally nice and helpfull. Love the very neat & professional attire as well. Would stay here again definatly!!

Room Tip: If you stay above the 14th floor, you need to enter your room key (above the floor buttons) to make...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and kind words!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I rarely review chain hotels, because they are basically all the same. That said, this hotel deserves a special mention because they were actually much better than many of their corporate cousins. Very friendly staff. Good housekeeping: The maid broke my phone charger & left a nice letter & a replacement. Thank you. Our group will be back! Our only complaint: The breakfast buffet could use a pick-me-up . . . and our one attempt at ordering breakfast a-la-carte was a colossal failure . . .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We will extend your suggestions to our Trofi restaurant staff. Again, thank you for reviewing the DoubleTree!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!