“Great Customer Service Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We arrived at this hotel late in the evening, around 11:30 pm. At first my daughter and I were assigned to a smoking room. After calling to the front desk, we got another room. Ramona searched high and low of a room for us, and was really helpful.

Our room had a great view of the San Gabriel Mountains, downtown LA, Century City and Disneyland. We booked through priceline, but that was never mentioned and we never felt like we were treated any differently because we wanted to save some money on this trip.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 10, 2008

We booked two connecting rooms for 3 nights during spring break, March 24-27 2008. Check in was fast and courteous. My only disappointment was that the second room wasn't ready and we had to wait over an hour for housekeeping to finish. Rooms were large, clean and supplied with all the usual necessities. The beds, and especially the pillows, were very comfortable. The restaurant was decent, but nothing special. The bellman was helpful and was able to get our party last minute reservations to Medieval Times. The hotel runs a shuttle to and from Disneyland that runs from every half hour to hour from about 7:30am until midnight. All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2008

After staying 2 nightsat the Anaheim Marriott at company expense, I decided to stay here for $110/night (concierge floor), rather than extend my stay at the Marriott for $240/night (plus $20 a day parking). I enjoyed almost everything better about my stay here--and not just the price! The room was bigger. The desk was larger and more comfortable to work on. The view was nicer (I asked for and received a Crystal Cathedral view room the day before). Guests were not charged for parking while I was there (but sometimes they do charge $13/d). A buffet breakfast was free. The landscaping was nicer. The room had a free fridge and microwave (and bathrobe). The only things better at the Marriott were the lobby and the slightly larger (but more awkwardly-shaped) pool.
The rooms here are very quiet. I was easily able to sleep without earplugs, and I'm a light sleeper. Bear in mind, though, that it's a full freeway exit away from Disneyland. I would recommend a car, although a shuttle is available. The $11 parking fee at Disneyland doesn't seem so bad with the money you'll save here!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank lebelgo
Reviewed March 8, 2008

The hotel was very clean. Staff was great. Cookies were always warm and wonderful. Every time we asked for one we got it. The hotel's pool and fitness room were nice. They also have tennis, basketball and volleyball courts. It was .3 miles (five minute walk to The Block which had 32 movie theatres and many restaurants. Shopping was geared more to 30 and under). Cystal Cathedral was 1/2 mile away. They had a shuttle to Disneyland. When we stayed there were very few families at the property.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank quiglyupover
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I only stayed here one night, but it was so nice I had to write a review. The room was very clean and updated. It was the bed that made this room - really comfortable and even the sheets smelled good! And who can resist a warm chocolate chip cookie when checking in? Don't fret about the $10 parking fee and $10 internet fee, my understanding is that most LA hotels charge the same, if not more. I didn't use any of the hotel's amenities, like restaurant (there are many close by). The front desk staff could not have been nicer.
Nice job Doubletree!

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank Mikar85
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Our family of 6 stayed here between 10 and 13 December, 2007, mostly just as a base to visit Disneyland.

Wonderful experience, with the hotel staff happy to give the kids cookies every day (when we stayed at DB in NYC a week later they were very strict about only giving them at check in, and charging thereafter !), the rooms being clean and spacious and free use of the internet in the business centre.

Happy, friendly staff; big, clean well appointed rooms; this was a great base to visit Disneyland from. The restaurant at the Sheraton a couple of blocks away was also a great place for dinner.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2007

A good, clean hotel, conference centre, rooms, restaurant etc. which is out of the way as far as other eateries and shops are concerned (I had no car). The only down-side, which is not uncommon, is that my request for a quiet room was ignored to the point of putting me on the nosiest side of the hotel (big intersection + an interstate). I thought the food was good but rather expensive

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Tilt-scale-gyro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#4 of 119 in Anaheim
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!