“Good service & excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good service & excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and good location.
Staff were always helpful, never a problem with service. The room was always clean upon return each day, never anything out of place. The location is very good if you need to visit the medical center. It is also fairly close to Disney, The Block (an open air mall within a 5 minute walk; has a couple of decent restaurants – seafood and steak), and within ½ mile of Routes 5 and 57, and the airport (about 35 minutes non-rush hour). Hotel has an onsite restaurant (breakfast w/buffet, lunch and dinner) and separate bar, pool and exercise room. Caters to the business crowd.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Camarillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed Christmas Eve visiting family. From the time we checked in until we checked out Christmas Day, our stay was perfect! Every staff person we came in contact with was very nice and ready to assist us. Our room was very clean and spacious. The continental breakfast that we chose had many items to choose from. And I cannot forget the complimentary, most delicious warm chocolate chip cookies that were abundant. The hotel lobby was also beautifully decorated with the holiday theme. We would highly recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to another stay in the future. Hotel and staff deserve the highest marks possible.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saratoga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nice location, friendly staff. Comfortable room.
There is a parking fee but no resort fee. Double Tree cookies are awesome :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

took 2 grandchildren to Disneyland in October and stayed here. nice,clean and no extra fees or resort fees that I have been hit with by other hotels. nice pool and friendly shuttle service to Disneyland. When I called and told them I needed a microwave and fridge in a 2 bed room - they did so without any added fees. Very nice. had my own broadband so wifi was no problem. When will hotels understand that free wifi included in your room will bring added patrons? would stay again. I stay away from Disney area hotels...we always have the pool to ourselves and not a bunch of little kids running all over.

Room Tip: read reviews...I did, and knew to ask for a room on otherside of hospital and freeway...was quiet an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here on our recent trip to Disneyland & California Adventure. It's not close to the parks and by that I mean not walking distance but they have their own shuttle that is free that runs every hour. It's very close to The Outlets at Orange with all you would want for shopping and dining. Our room was clean and comfortable and I was given a view of the parks, they are distance away so I'm not sure how clearly you would see fireworks. I had no problem with noise of the freeway at all, occasionally I heard emergency vehicles because it's adjacent to a hospital. The pool area is clean, not sure of temperature because we did not use it, there is a beautiful Koi pond out there to sit by and enjoy a drink from their bar. We ordered room service and the food and service was excellent. There is a fee for parking but I paid under $70 for this hotel on Priceline so I didn't mind and most higher end hotel chains in Anaheim have a fee. There is a parking attendant and the proximity of the parking was close and I felt safe coming and going from my car. There is a Starbucks across the street and a couple of fast food places. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mandurah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here for a week. Found the room really comfortable with fridge and microwave. Bathroom was shower over bath, a little small but ok. TV was flat screen and big. The only drawback was a little out of the way if you want to go to LA. They have a shuttle to Disneyland which was free and left on the hour, every hour. Can really recommend Crystal Cathedral, just a few minutes walk up the road. Amazing.statues and gardens.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was promised a "call back" within 48 hours to speak with a manager and never recieved it. I spent 3 hours on the phone with customer service willing to pay the $50 change fee, but they told me there was no more rooms available. All I wanted to do was shave two days off of my current reservation. How can there be no more rooms available when I already had a room reserved. I asked to speak to there manager, and with no avail, they never transferred me. Telling me the managers were all busy and couldn't help me even if I talked to them. When I agreed to recieve a "call back" it never came. I callled back and once again they said we will have our managers "call back". I informed them that they never called back before, why would they call back now. After waiting and calling 3 days later, they offered to book be another room, and cancel my previous room. But they said the price would be an extra $35 a night. Due to rate changes. Worst customer service ever. I will never be staying at any hilton hotel again. Worst Ever!! Airline companies have been more friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SNACC, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in your attempts to make changes to your reservation you described in your review A review which clearly indicates that we must further the education of certain employees as it relates to attention to detail and the practice of true customer service.

My sincere apologies for the fact that a team member failed to properly follow up with you in regard to your reservation. It causes me great concern when I hear of an instance when an employee has failed a guest. We attempt to impress upon the fact to our employees that there is no other task which takes precedence over the needs of a guest.

I would like to further speak with you in regards to service you received to investigate which outlet you took to make your reservation and make sure this type of occurrence does not happen again.

We look forward to hearing from you and to the opportunity to demonstrate our interest in you, as our valued client.

Victor Gonzalez
Director of Rooms & Guest Services
714-634-7153
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim-Orange County
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,950 reviews

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County? Share your experiences!