My wife and I, along with our three young children, stayed at the Best Western Meridian in Orange, CA for seven nights in March of 2010. We had a wonderful stay! I would strongly recommend this hotel to any family who wants to go to Disneyland on a limited budget. That was certainly the case for us. At $87.00 a night, we felt like this hotel and its ammenities were a great value. The $87.00/night included: A one bedroom suite(with King bed and pull-out sofa bed), Free-parking, Free WiFi internet access, and Free Breakfast(which included: cereal, toast, muffins, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, juice, milk and coffee. The breakfast wasn't extravagant, but it was satisfying. The Hotel itself doesn't look like much from the outside, resembling more of an office building than a hotel, but the inside is very nice and well kept. The room was very nice. The king bed was amazingly comfortable! The sofa bed, not so much, but our 4 year old girls didn't seem to mind. The 32" flat screen tv's were a nice touch and seemed to help cut down on room clutter,as they were hung on the wall. The room had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, but no cook top/oven and no plates, bowls, forks, spoon or really any kitchen utensils. So keep that in mind if your the type to bring your own food. That could be really frustrating. The Hotel is only about 5 miles away from the Disneyland Parks, but realistically it takes about 15-20 minutes to get there. I would avoid using I-5 and Harbour Blvd as they tend to be traffic nightmares but rather use the back roads to avoid all the traffic mess. Other than that, The Hotel was nice and clean, the pool was nice, the staff was very friendly, the maid service was excellent and we really enjoyed our stay!
Here are the two flaws we found with this hotel.
1.) It would have been nice to have at least enough plates, bowls, cups, forks and spoons for 4 people.
2.) I would not want to stay on the first floor next to the elevator and pool entrance. Those rooms seemed to get a lot of traffic and the bedroom window is right there in the hallway. I would always request a room on the second or third floors away from the elevator if possible.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends who needed a nice, affordable place to stay near Disneyland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly-remodeled, environmentally-friendly Meridian Inn and Suites located in the heart of the Anaheim/Orange business and entertainment districts and is one of the premiere Disneyland hotels in the Anaheim-Orange, California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Meridian Inn And Suites, Anaheim-Orange
- Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange Hotel Orange
- Best Western Orange
- Best Western Meridian Hotel
- Hawthorn Suites Orange
- Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange CA - Orange County