Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California, United States
“average”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Had read some scary badvreviews but my experience was ok,. Suite was a little small, but clean. No real issues and price was fair. They don't deliver your bill to your room like many other hotels. I didn't have breakfast so cannot comment

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tribesman5398

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Orange, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2014

2 spacious rooms. Beds are in same room, and living room is other room. Living had sofar bed. Had microwave and small fridge. Very quite area during the weekend. I read the review about tall pillows so we brought our own pillows so we don't have any issue with sleeping.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Thermal
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a wonderful small suite that was very comfortable and nice. There was a shuttle to take us to and from Disneyland so we didn't have to drive. Our suite had 2 rooms with 2 TVs, a refrig. and microwave and counter space. The three of us were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk were extremely nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

San Luis Obispo, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 3 years. We like its large rooms for the affordable price. It located within 10 mins of driving to Disney/Knotts and our favorite shopping malls. The hotel is in a business complex and Friday and Saturday mornings were very quiet. Sunday was another case, both the guest and the gardeners woke us up with their nose. The hotel is looking a bit beat up and some tlc is needed. But the rooms are large and always clean. While we were there this last trip the elevator near our room was out of service so you had to walk stairs with heavy bags or take the long walk from the front of the hotel to the back of the hotel. Otherwise, to be out of the Disney family area, and for a great price, this place is worth taking a look at.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We like to stay at Best Western hotels and this one was a delight. Great breakfast, pool, hot tub and amenities like laundry room and gym made us feel like we were at home. We highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: Inside rooms may get a little noise from the pool and hot tub, but outside rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I truly regret feeling the necessity of writing this review - but I don't know how else to encourage the Meridian Hotel to change a really bad policy.
Due to plane delays, my wife and I arrived around 1:00am to check in to the Meridian. We had made reservations on Expedia, so it should have only taken me two minutes to sign in. But after being presented with the typical sign-in sheets, the manager ran an imprint style credit card charge slip and asked me to sign - with no itemization on the slip. This was a standard slip, issued by the credit card company, with verbiage under the signature line "acknowledging the receipt of the goods or services in the amount of the TOTAL" and promising to pay. I objected to the manager. Signing an unitemized slip like this puts you completely at the mercy of the hotel, removing almost any ability to contest whatever the hotel might fill in. The manager explained that they had previously had a room damaged, but when they tried to bill the guest, he contested with the credit card company, and the hotel was unable to collect. He told me that bad people's actions result in policies that make it more difficult for good people - like me. He assured me that he trusted me, but insisted that I needed to sign the slip to stay. We went around a few more times about this issue - then my wife came in from the car - very tired (our home time was after2:00am). Reluctantly, I signed the slip, but wrote a note disclaimer saying the it had been signed without an itemization. The manager told me I could not write any additional notes - took the slip, and put it in the shredder. I told the manager I couldn't sign the slip - that it was a set up for being cheated. He took offense at this, and said I had insulted him, and that he would not rent to me. I went to the car - my wife was almost in tears from being tired, and at the prospect of having to find another hotel in the middle of the night. I agreed that she could sign the slip - which she did - so we stayed.
On all other accounts, the hotel was very satisfactory. The room was large - actually two rooms - a bedroom and a front room with couch and breakfast bar. The room was clean and quiet, and it faced the center courtyard, which was well kept with a swimming pool. The hotel is close to DisneyLand. The room had two TV's - all around, a good hotel value.
But the unitemized, signed slip which the hotel now held caused much anxiety. It just so totally needlessly put a cloud over the first part of our trip. We stayed without event through the rest of our scheduled stay. When we checked out, we stayed until the maid could check the room, and the hotel returned the slip to us with the word "Void" written on it.
Upon returning, I called the corporate office of Best Western and spoke with a customer care representative. I described what had happened, and she said she had worked at Best Western for 15 years and had never heard of a hotel requiring a signature on an unitemized, imprinted charge slip. I told her I didn't want to leave a negative review on Trip Advisor - that I wanted to give them a chance to work with the hotel. She said she would present the case to her manager - but two weeks have gone by and I haven't had as much as an email.
I am generally very easy to please. I don't want the hotel to be hurt by this incident, but I don't want them punishing the 99 1/2 percent of good guests just because they had a bad guest - so I do want them to change their policy. I especially don't want the policy to work there (because of lack of objection - or lack of attention by guests) and then start to become a norm in the industry.
I rated the service as a one ball entirely because of this incident. But for this, my overall rating would have been in the 3.5 - 4 range. If they have changed this single policy by the time you want to stay - then I believe you will be happy with your visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Boise185
Boise
Reviewed January 26, 2014

If you get a chance to stay at a Best Western near Disneyland, this would be my pick. The hotel is nice but the staff is what made our stay great. They greeted us when we arrived and made sure we were comfortable during the entire stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
ALO Hotel
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,037 reviews

Been to Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange? Share your experiences!