Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have never stayed at a Best Western before because I sort of felt like they were on the lower end of the hotel/motel chain. After seeing the pictures I decided to take a chance and check it out. We booked a couple of rooms for our group and upon arrival I was pleased with the appearance of the property. The lobby is nicely decorated and the rooms are also nicely updated. The rooms are quite large (we booked suites) and one had a full kitchen and was fully stocked with cookware, dishes, and flatware. While we were all pleased with the size and decor of the rooms there were other aspects that were disappointing. Within the first few minutes in the room we spotted a large cockroach in the closet and several large beetles of unknown origin around the hotel. In the bathroom of one of the rooms we booked there was stains on the wall near the toilet that looked like someone splashed something all down the wall and it was never cleaned or wiped down. The tub in that same bathroom was not clean and had hair from the previous occupant in it so we showered in the other room we booked. When we asked the front desk to have housekeeping clean it they were very nice about it which I was happy about. The bathrooms have a shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispenser in the shower which was great because using those little bottles is a pain since there is never enough for everyone and they are not eco-friendly. The also have dish soap and hand soap dispensers in the kitchen which was also nice.The hotel does have WiFi, but everyone in our group who tried to use it had issues with connectivity and speed. We all used different devices, but the connection was very slow and would disconnect often. This hotel offers free breakfast and its pretty good compared to some other hotel offerings. The breakfast area is nice and clean, and they have a nice patio area with shaded tables so that you can enjoy the nice So Cal whether. Our only issue with the breakfast was that you are not allowed to take breakfast items to your room. We had two disabled persons in our party that have mobility issues so it was difficult for them to have to make their way to the breakfast area to eat. The front desk clerk stated that this rule was so that guests would not take large amounts of food to their room and waste food and that there were no exceptions because "if we do it for you other people will want us to do it for them too". I think that this idea is counter intuitive because you will most likely eat more if you are sitting in the breakfast area where the food is served then if you made a plate and went back to your room. All in all the hotel is on the right track when it comes to the accommodations, but cleanliness greatly needs to be improved. All of the staff that we encountered was very friendly and they greeted you with a smile. They were helpful and eager to fix things that weren't right which was great. They always ask you how your stay is so I would like to commend them on that. The management is doing a great job training their employees on customer service, there are just a few issues that need to be addressed and this place would be GEM to stay. Maybe we will try it again in a few months ;)

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool see alot of traffic so if you are looking for a quiet room stay in a room near the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

the people at the front desk were very helpfull! we stay here every summer! We bring a wrestling team before camp and they love the pool and the court yard to eat and hang out.we love the mini kitchen and alot of room in our mini suites!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel the rooms were large and staff friendly . We come to so-cal every Summer and this is a hidden gem. It worked perfect for our family trips . We look forward to our next stay here . The breakfast was fine for us . It is nice not to be charged for parking a big plus and the 2 bd suites are spacious !!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are fabulous!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Newport News VA
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel needs some major overhaul. Old, cracked walls, insufficient lighting, questionable carpeting, mediocre breakfast and breakfast area. It wasn't disgusting, but really was really lacking in TLC. Some very patchworked renovations and upgrades made it feel off.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a standard king room for four nights (Sun.-Thurs) in July. Overall, the experience was a positive and enjoyable one. The room was nicely sized, had good closet/drawer space, and adequately clean, even behind the desk, headboard, and chairs (I hate it when I have what is an apparently clean room on the surface, only to move something to plug in a charger and find caked on dirt and cobwebs). The bathroom could have used a deep cleaning in the grout, but it was fine. We booked online a few months in advance and got a great deal overall, so I don't have any real complaints. The area felt safe, and even though it was close to the freeway, I heard no noise at all (a problem we have previously run into with other L.A. area hotels). We requested a room facing the courtyard/pool area, and we were accommodated nicely. The noise level was low considering how many families with small kids were staying there. It is five minutes away from a pretty nice outlet mall with a movie theater, bowling alley, and several quality places to eat. The free breakfast is all right, although some mornings it stayed better stocked than others. The coffee was meh, but it got me through the morning. I read a few other reviews that said the pillows were a little uncomfortable and looked well worn, and I would have to agree with this assessment, but after one day at Disneyland, I could have slept on a rock and not cared. If I was going back to spend more time specifically at the theme parks, I would definitely stay here again. Otherwise, if I am going to spend more time on the beaches and Hollywood area, I would find a hotel closer to the coast; we did spend a ton of time driving and sitting in traffic. But that was my fault for not looking at how close it was to our other activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard; bring your own pillows
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Requests not met, poor area, police at property for several hours, going through rennovations, staff excessive on taking additional credit cards, was told there was credit card fraud at property by staff when police were present.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

BW requires a hold be placed on your credit/debit card for incidentals upon arrival. Though I was not informed of this when I booked via phone, I was okay with it and authorized an $150 hold on my debit card. I decided to pay for the hotel stay in cash. When I returned from vacation I discovered that BW had placed TWO holds on my card, one for the authorized amount, and another for the total hotel bill. I made purchases on my vacation unaware of the unauthorized hold, and had I not had overdraft protection, would have had over $100 in overdraft fees with my bank (I typically do not keep large sums of money in my checking account). Beware of this type of issue. I spoke with a customer service representative who assured me that both hold were released but that it might take a couple days to return the money to my bank account. Otherwise my stay at BW was pleasant. I likely wont stay again with BW, I don't want to deal with this type of issue in the future, and will opt for hotels who state they will require payment for incidentals after the stay.

1  Thank Krista H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Ayres Hotel Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Best Western Orange Plaza
Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area

Been to Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange? Share your experiences!