“Overnight for California Adventures”

Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Booked a great rate through Expedia. King bed suite. Room was on the first floor, but very quiet. breakfast was fine. AC was odd as you had to use your room key to access controls. One other thing, the bathroom was in the King bedroom and not accessible from the living room so little inconvenient.. minor gripes really...Staff was very friendly and helpful...ten minutes from Disneyland, very convenient.. no issues with parking...overall excellent stay...would stay again

Room Tip: Very close to outlet mall, so starbucks and various eatries easily accessible
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BigDogAz
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our room smelled like throw up when we got there. I alerted the staff and they sent someone to clean up the carpets. Later we come back to the room and it still smelled like throw up. So besides the smell the stay was fine

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank ADAM M
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were just at your hotel for a six night stay and I missed it already :) I loved the fact that you had suites and that I was able to watch tv or work a little late at night while my family was resting in the other room. The beds were very, very comfortable and the service in your hotel was excellent. I thought it was one of the best stays in our trips to Disneyland. The convenient location right next to the 22 freeway was easy to access and leave each day. Walking distance to The Outlets at Orange was also a plus. Just a couple of hiccups... Since you have a kitchenette, some forks and knives could be handy even if they were plastic ones. The elevator could use some lube now... It was kind of noisy and during the day time it was ok but late at night you could really hear it. We stood at room 339 and next time we are in the Disneyland area we will book our stay at The Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites. Thanks to the wonderful front desk staff, both at arriving and departing were very accommodating. Congratulations on a job very well done!!!!

1  Thank marcoloscabos
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel just like any other guest: because we want to go to Disneyland. I stayed for 2 nights with my family and overall we have an a-okay impression. Here's why

+ Free parking is definitely a big plus
+ Free in-room wi-fi
+ Our rooms are very spacious with a living room and a kitchen, a separate room with two large queen size beds, and a bathroom with separate sink
+ Location is quite good. Close to Disneyland, close to many restaurants, shopping mall and factory outlets, and the highways.

However, here comes the downside:
- Breakfast is just horrible. The whole place was a mess and dirty with only two staff in charge. To their credits, they were doing their best to serve us all. Food selection is abysmal and so was the drink selection.
- The whole hotel is just dated. The decor is very 90's and the rooms and bathrooms have this dark dingy feeling about it
- Thermostat is malfunction. Our rooms are always boiling hot no matter how many times we set the temperature
- The gym is just inadequate. Small room with little space to move around
- Laundry room is dirty
- Staff is not so friendly and helpful

1  Thank NLY39739
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I wanted badly to like this place, and there were several things done right- free parking, spacious suite with 2 queen beds, 2 flatscreen TVs, bathroom accessible from the bedrooms (so we could use it at night without disturbing the baby sleeping in the living area), night light at the sink. However, the cons, though few, were of the more grevious sort.

I believe a significant number of guests here were staying due to the proximity to Disneyland, as were we. So be prepared for excited footsteps stomping above your head at the crack of dawn, as well as late into the night. It was quite unbearable after a long day at the park! And especially since we were rudely awakened several times through the night by the aircon kicking in.

This is classified as a green hotel, and they have several measures in place to conserve energy. Although I set the thermostat to the same temperature as I usually do back home, it seems like it would wait till it rose several degrees higher than that before starting up again. I woke sweating several times in the night, and turned the thermostat down a notch. Oh boy when that thing started up I thought there was a lawn mower in the room! My companions were awakened by it too. It was quite ridiculous.

After a rough night, the least you would hope for is a decent breakfast worthy of a Best Western Plus. Unfortunately, the milk served from the dispenser was plain nasty, both the 2% as well as the full cream milk. There was only plain white toast- no whole grain, no bagels, no english muffins, no pastries, no muffins of any sort. There were bananas, plain yogurt in a large serving bowl, granola, instant oatmeal and ~3 types of cereal. There were freshly scrambled eggs and sausage, but the portions were so small (I think my 9x13 dish at home holds more) they ran out quickly. There was only one lady serving the entire room. And to her credit, she was so helpful and really trying her best. She kept the waffle machine going so that there was a ready supply of waffles for guests. Breakfast hours were till 930 and when we arrived at 915am, the trays of hot items were empty and not replenished and there was no fruit left. Grrreat.

So we left rather disappointed, having had friendlier service, better sleep and way better breakfast from many other chains during our trip. They didn't ask me upon check out how my stay was, or I would have gladly told them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor allow easy access to the car, but since the hallways are enclosed with tin...
1  Thank FriesAndFoieGras
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Awesome stay. Wonderful accommodations. Nicest place I've stayed for quite some time. Spacious rooms, wonderful service. The free breakfast was satisfying for my whole family. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Annaheim.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Munkle67
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our stay at the Meridian was always as expected-- service was great and the room was clean. The only thing that surprised me was how tiny our room was! I'm used to the suites with two queen beds and spacious room, so this room caught me by surprise, but no bad reviews about it. My stay at the Meridian was awesome which is why this is my go to hotel when I'm in Orange.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank kegk0811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Best Western Orange Plaza
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim

Been to Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange? Share your experiences!