Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
  • Restaurant
ALO Hotel(Orange)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Best Western Orange Plaza(Orange)(Great Value!)
$180
Ayres Hotel Orange
$95
$99
$93
Motel 6 Orange - Anaheim(Orange)(Great Value!)
$80
$80
1,203 results
All reviewswafflessausageking suiteoffice buildingliving roomfree breakfastbreakfast roomfull kitchenfree parkingflat screenpool and hot tubcoffee makerminute drivehot breakfastwould stay againgreat place to stayoutlet mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for ten nights whilst visiting the LA area/ disney. It was in a convenient location with shops and restaurants close by. Staff were all very friendly and willing to help. We stayed in a king sized room which was a great size and the bed was very very comfortable!!! We were on the ground floor and didn't have any bugs or creatures in our room during our whole stay. Pool area/ courtyard was lovely and we enjoyed eating breakfast (breakfast was ok!) there each morning. Good value for money and would stay there again!!!! After staying here we stayed in Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and much preferred the bed in the best western!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ems F
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western Meridien last night and can't say enough about the size of the suites, the friendly staff and the great breakfast in the morning.
We have stayed in Anaheim in the past, but this hotel is definitley one we'll be going back to as it is much better value than other hotels in the area that we have tried.Also, very close to the City shopping mall with some great restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: I think that this is an all suite hotel, so I think that all the rooms are good.We satyed on the upper floor, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hi we stayed at this hotel in the largest suite they had and it was well worth it it could stand some up grades but our overall experience was great the staff was very helpful and friendly we stayed there two nights the first week in Aug this year. Thankfully we didn't experience bugs like some of the other reviewers stated. The young ladies up front was very helpful they were really nice. And for the price you get a really good deal I myself have stayed in 5 star resorts and hotels and this room was a lot larger and way cheaper. Yes the hotel does need some renovating but for what u pay in OC this is a great deal!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I agree with Rick_Mc2 “Average”, but I am downgrading it to “Much Less Than Average”. We stayed here August 11 – 16. We have family in the area and needed a place to stay for a visit with children, and grandchildren who turned 4.

The hotel is badly in need of renovation and an exterminator. Things feel and look dirty; rooms are on the darker side. The paint in our bathroom (218) was chipped and in general, everything looks very tired. Housekeeping kept propping a worn couch-type pillow on our bed after making it and I kept throwing it back into the living room. Gross. I don’t want the 1,000+ heads who have lain on the pillow previously touching the pillows I sleep on. Other hotels do the pillow thing and it doesn’t bother me but this place does not feel clean.

Rick_Mc2 is correct – I’ve stayed in eco hotels before. This behavior is plain cheap. You have to leave a card key in a slot in the room to get the air conditioning to go on. When you go out for the day and remove the card, the a/c turns off. Housekeeping does reset it to 74. No a/c in the lobby or elevators. The overhead lights are off until you put the card in also. Lights are dim, probably 40 watt type bulbs throughout the whole place. The second day they took away one of the four glasses they have in the room and never replaced it. Coffee and condiments were not replaced.

And disgusting – yes, there are cockroaches. We didn’t see one until our last day there and it skittered under the couch before we could kill it. We were up very early to leave for the airport and turned the lights on. There it was. We will never go back. I can’t believe public health hasn’t shut this place down. We told the front desk about the roach and the man at the desk told us, “They fly in from outside.” In other words, their line is that the roaches are not in the hotel, we must have let it in.

The pool was okay although we had to request they clean it. The palm trees in the courtyard shed into and around the pool. When we mentioned it needed cleaning, someone did come out and sweep, skim the water, and add chlorine. The Jacuzzi was broken the last day we were there.

Twice our key cards did not work and locked us out of the room. The first time it happened they said "we thought you were checking out today" and then went through their paperwork and checked the computer and finally admitted we didn't check out until 3 days later. The second time they admonished me for keeping the card by my cell phone which demagnetized it. It was not near my cell phone. If you have a complaint, the desk people act like it is not their responsibility, or a problem with the hotel, or that it is something obscure that has never happened before (like mistaking our reservation for two nights instead of five, and the roaches).

Breakfast is average but there are always attendants who want to take your plate and ration the syrup onto your waffles. I’ve been able to manage putting syrup on my waffles since I was 4. And now that I’ve read about the roaches, and seen the roaches, I’m sorry I ate the waffle. They offer dry creamer instead of milk or half and half for coffee.

I agree with previous reviewers that warn to not stay here. They are inexpensive but there is a reason for it. This place is crumbling into a third-rate hotel. I’ll give it one star because you have to give it at least one in the rating. Whoever writes that this place is great, has very low standards.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. There are roaches and the whole hotel is in need of renovation.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LadyLo
BWMeridian, Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay.
We also would like to assure you that we are aware of the problem and have been working very closely with the City of Orange to make sure this problem is eliminated; our findings showed that those are an outdoor flying insect called the American Cockroaches. They can fly or crawl into an indoor area to get out of the heat and or the dry weather.

( for more information please follow the link below)

We really appreciate having you as one of our guests and we understand that you took time out of your busy day to post this review help us improve. We sincerely hope that you will accept our apology and consider staying with us again in the future so that we can have another chance to provide you with a great experience.

Rania

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed for a week early August 2012.
They say that they renovated the property, simply put new paint does not equal a renovation.

They also claim to be "Eco", I think that it's just code for cheap in there case, the a/c turns off when you leave the suite, and house keeping, resets the controls everyday to 74, and no a/c to speak of in lobby & elevator. No recycling bin in room, had to toss empty beer and wine.

But pool was nice and staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012