“awesome experience”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites-Orange
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had a great time staying at the Howard Johnson orange! The front staff especially Magi was very helpful with every and anything I needed. The room was decent and well worth what I paid for it. The property looks like it recently had some upgrades. Pool was nice and clean breakfast wasn't great but it was good enough.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the right side as it's much less noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
hojoorange, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites-Orange, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

We strive for high customer satisfaction and are pleased to hear that is what you received at our Howard Johnson location. We are pleased to see a five star rating for your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
hojoorange, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites-Orange, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Reviewed August 29, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've stayed here for 2 nights so far, and am very happy with my room. This is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, so I'm not expecting a nice new room. Yes the hotel is dated, but my room is clean, comfortable, and has a great internet/wifi. I even was able to hook up my ROKU and watch movies on Netflix and Amazon. I have a double, with my older brother staying with me. His mattress is clean, but is visibly old, and sagging, and in need of replacing, but he likes a soft bed, so no complaints from him, but I'd recommend to management that they may want to change that mattress out.

Complimentary Coffee and grab and go type breakfast items in the lobby, which is nice to have at this price range. If you expect more for "free" breakfast, then go stay somewhere else for twice the price. This is a motel style set up. Noise is expected when you are on the first floor, with parking spaces outside your door, and of course you will hear people walking upstairs. You will in your house or apartment building as well. I say this because some of the previous complaints about these issues, I feel were unrealistic. Yes, you get what you pay for, and at this price point, all I want is a comfortable room that is clean, with decent wifi, and I got it. Also, there's a Coffee pot, tea and coffee in the room, along with a fridge and microwave. Great.

The hotel is within walking distance of quite a few restaurants, take out, and a convenience store. Within a 10 minute drive to Angels Stadium, Movie Theaters, Chapman University, and just a couple minutes more to Disneyland. 20 minutes to the beach. Very convenient to the 55 Frwy.

I injured myself before arriving in Orange, and was suppose to fly out tomorrow. I decided to postpone my departure, and booked a few more nights through Hotels.com, so I could get the credits. The Manager called me and discounted my room for my extended stay, which will be over a week. He didn't have to do that, but he noticed on his computer, that I had extended my stay, and he went out of his way to offer me a discount, which was above and beyond in my opinion. That earned the 5. Thank you. He made my unpleasant situation a little more bearable.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a value price hotel in Orange.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I'd suggest an upstairs room, based on other reviews. Otherwise, yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for giving us a five star rating after your most recent stay with us, we are glad to hear your room was clean, comfortable and met your standards. We at Days Inn strive for high customer satisfaction and are always happy to hear our staff did their best to make sure our guests feel that they are our top priority. We hope you healed fast and were able to enjoy your travels. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, even bigger than we thought it would be. It was quiet too, which is not what I can say about most other hotels we've stayed in recently. The staff was polite.

Being on the intersection of I-55 and Katella, you can't ask for better access to Orange attractions: there are restaurants and shopping 5 minutes to the North (Panera Bread, Walmart, In-N-Out, sushi bars, etc.), Disneyland is a few minutes West on Katella (great food there too, at Downtown Disney), and the Orange beaches just 15-20 minutes South on 55.

On the negative side, this hotel is behind a gas station, kinda shady looking, and there's only one small car entrance/exit that was being used by a construction crew when we stayed here. One day, it took us 15 minutes to get out of the hotel because the construction workers parked their heavy equipment right on the exit. Not the hotel's fault, of course. Another negative was the breakfast: not many options, unless you're good to go with only a toast and a cup of coffee. But there are great options nearby.

Overall, a good deal in Orange County.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs. The lower level rooms get all the glare from the cars arriving at the parki...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your most recent stay with us, we are happy to hear that our location and rooms met your expectations and that you had a great overall stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future at our Days Inn location.