“Try it, you might like it”
Review of Rutabegorz

Rutabegorz
Ranked #16 of 479 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 12, 2012

A bit quirky, but basically good food. for something a little different, try the daily specials.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Another shining star in Orange, CA. This eatery is located in an old craftsman style bungalow and is not just darling but delicious too. The menu is huge so expect to take quite a few minutes to look it over. You cannot miss with anything you order here. The food is fresh and the menu is so varied. Come hungry. The salads come in huge bowls, and you can get breakfast all the way to dinner. And the cookies are enough to share, if you dare.
Love this place !!

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Its boring. The extensive menu has had little few changes in the past 25 years and they need to create a new menu. I've come to the various Ruta's for more than 25 years and when I was a vegetarian, few other choices were around. However, most restaurants now have veggie dishes with a lot more flavor. Come on Ruta's, SPICE it up...Live a little and change your menu!

1  Thank MasonsDad
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I love this restaurant! There are 3 locations (technically 4 but the 2 in Orange are next door so I count them as one) and I highly recommend the Old Town Orange location. I've been to the other locations as well but the atmosphere is not the same. The location in Orange has this "homey feel" because the layout is not like the typical restaurant and it is more so like you're dining at a friend's cute house. I believe the Orange locations are the ones with outside seating as well. It's very cute. Food is delicious. I've had practically everything on the menu and have not been disappointed. The portion is good and fits the cost. If you order a salad, you might think that $8 for a salad is kind of steep but when your salad arrives you will understand why. The salad portions are outrageous huge. The desserts are super rich so, I would recommend sharing. I've never been able to finish a slice of pie on my own.

1  Thank KiwiMochi
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I really enjoyed my meal at Rutabegorz. Located in an old house, it was a quaint and cozy environment. We wanted a light dinner and the wraps and salads were fantastic. Wait staff were efficient and polite. Will definitely go back next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank outtahereaggie