“Not a Zagat 26 for food, If we went with lower expectations maybe we might have been happier with the food.”

No photo provided
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
California
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Located across the street from a TJ Maxx in a mini mall.

Strongly Disliked:
-the pain causing padded chairs. We easily squished through the pad on the seat portion to an uncomfortably hard plywood base. Other diners had the same negative comments when they saw us searching for a comfortable seat that did not exist.

Disliked:
-soup was prepared with way too much pepper, we should have sent it back.

Nuetral:
-Penne pasta was just okay. I had the make your own order and did not enjoy it.
-The interior could use some work, but at least they are trying with interesting Italian pottery hung on the wall.

Liked:
-the Spumoni.

• Visited February 2012

Santa Ana, California
“Small, intimate, and the food was good. What else can you ask?”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

There were four of us in our little party, and after having some wine at home we headed out for an Italian dinner, but we didn't want to drive too far. This little restaurant on Katella was the perfect choice. We had no reservations but we were lucky and they seated us quickly. The garlic bread came soon and the dinner wasn't far behind. We really enjoyed all that we ordered and we would certainly recommend this place to anyone out for a fun dinner.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Marcia V
Canton, Ohio
“By far the best Italian I have ever had... Anywhere!”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

This place was a bit of a drive from where we were staying in L.A. but was highly recommended by a friend so we went... Well worth the drive!! The atmosphere is nice and quaint and the service is incredible from the time you are seated! The bread they serve was delicious! Not your typical Italian restaurant bread... This had a spread baked on that had spices and light sauce that was incredible! I ordered chicken parm and made sure to ask for it to be pounded thin since I guess it is usually served plump here... It came out just as ordered and was great! Even better was my mom's chicken piccata... The best I have ever tasted by far! So tender and the sauce was absolutely divine!!! I wish had ordered it! Next up was the best piece of cheesecake I have ever had!! It is handmade by the owner and WOW!! It is not dense like cheesecake factory slices so upon looking at it I was afraid I would be disappointed... Not at all!! I don't think I will be able to enjoy cheesecake as well after being spoiled with this! I highly reccomend it (I had the plain style but they make lots of other favors as well.) Overall, the best restaurant we ate at in our 10 day vacation!!

“Real Italian, Real Nice People in Orange CA”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

After viewing TA and looking for Italian food in the OC we found this gem. We called up and they took a reservation for 6.30 pm on Friday night. When we arrived the place was packed, we had to wait, but it is great to see a full restaurant. We were greeted by one of the owners, Roni. The owner Pepe waited on us. My wife selected the Buffalo Mozzarella Salad which was very good, a little heavy on the oil, but very tasty. I had the Cesar Salad with Anchovy s which had a very poignant sauce. For the Entree I ordered the Linguine with Clams in a white sauce. The sauce was delicious and better than the same dish I ate in Florence Italy just 2 weeks ago. My wife had the shells stuffed with Chicken. She liked her dish too; it was very filling and enough to feed 2 people. The portions were large and the prices were very reasonable. We drank wine by the glass and their prices were significantly less that other places in OC for wine by the glass. The decor was interesting; you certainly did not realize you were inside a non descript strip center. We will return! Make sure you make reservations.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank Mauricen56
Anacortes, Washington
“Wonderful food and charming experience”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We went to Marcapone's as a family when we were visiting our son who attends Chapman University. I love italian food, and this was a fabulous find. Great variety at wonderful, fair prices ranging from pastas to veal, fish, beef etc. Fabulous beef carpaccio, wonderful spaghetti bolognese and specialty pastas with LOTS of garlic, calamari and fresh tomatoes. They will make virtually any dish or pasta from scratch the way you want it. Wonderful, warm service. I love going to small "mom and pop" restaurants, and this one is fabulous and very sophisticated in their offerings and execution. Try their homemade cheesecake---we tried the pineapple and coconut. It isn't like others you have tried and it is wonderful. Highly recommend this gem.

• Visited September 2011