“European Touch in Orange”
Review of Citrus City Grille

Citrus City Grille
Ranked #6 of 472 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lunch & Dinner Lounge Bar Take Out Catering Banquets Brunch Buffets (Weekend)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“European Touch in Orange”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stumbled across this hip, lively restaurant last week when my sister in law took us to Old Town Orange, a place which takes you back to the past with it's authentic, retro shops, a delight. I spotted Citrus and decided that before we headed back to Amsterdam (after our two month stay in California), we would come back to have a meal and we were not disappointed. On the contrary, we were quite impressed with the food, quality and presentation, something which we are very much used to in Europe. The portions were just right and the service was more than excellent. Only downside is that it's very noisy. However, everyone went out of their way to make the whole experience a memorable one. We lucked out that we went on Monday, Payback Day, 50% discount on the meal which you get in the form of a voucher. We decided to go again tonight and can only say we are looking forward to coming back next year.

• Visited March 2013

San Diego, California
“I agree with the positive comments below plus the following”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We all had a salad and "small meal" (yes, that is an alternative on the menu if decide not to chose a regular entre). It was plenty! The selections are varied and interesting. Each of us had something different and shared bites with each other. Our group appraisal ranged fropm "excellent" to "very tasty." You won't go away disastisfied. I will go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SanDiegoGuy1
“Fabulous Sunday Bruch”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

When we go to the Citrus Grille it is usually for their brunch. Beautiful restaurant in historic downtown Orange. Live piano music. Great service. Menu choices are not as large (but don't worry, there is PLENTY to choose from) as in some other buffets but every single item I have had, I have loved. Do not miss their Ahi Poke on the back table where the salads are! They have a pot roast that they make from Tri Tip - amazing.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ronald K
Orange, California
“Great food, consistent service, great atmosphere, decent prices”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been going to Citrus City Grille for over a decade and I have never had a bad meal. On the weekends, there is often live music and a nice crowd. The location is right on the charming downtown Orange Circle which is fantastic for a fun walk after dinner. This is a great restaurant for dates because (1) great food and service (2) comfortable atmosphere (3) reasonably priced without being too cheap or too expensive (4) valet parking behind the restaurant most evenings (5) downtown orange makes for a great walk after dinner.

They have a full bar which is hit and miss RE: quality of drinks. I often order martinis and sometimes they are made properly, sometimes not. As such, I typically order wine. The wait staff is very attentive and the only time I had lackluster service was when my server was attending to a large party. He pretty much ignored us but calling upon other staff for our needs did the trick.

The food has always been consistently good. The famous pot-roast is popular for a reason! Their potato dishes are always fantastic and I have never had a bad piece of meat there. Typically, they have a nice fish selection which is always delish! Greens are always crisp and fresh.

Pricing is good though a little high, however, I never feel the pricing doesn't justify the quality of the food or creativity of the menu.

Though there is an upscale feel to the restaurant, I am always comfortable no matter my attire. On a typical Friday night, I see people dressed in everything from evening gowns to sweats and flip-flops. Gotta love California! Enjoy Citrus City Grille.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Denise D
Southern California
“Best Summer Salad”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had the bruschetta appetizer and a summer salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, and nuts.
The lighter the dressing on the salad, the better it tastes.
The bruschetta could have had crispier bread, but overall was a good taste.
This place has a really large and open indoor area, with a very long bar so it can get a bit loud with a crowd, but there's some nice street-front outdoor seating
Parking available on the street or in back (plus there's a back door so it's easy to enter)
This is a university town and the restaurant is close to the university itself, but it's a bit higher-end, so it's nice for a date

• Visited August 2012