“Hidden but worth finding!”

Anepalco's Cafe at Ayres Hotel
Ranked #11 of 470 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: French, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: City Dr.
Transit: UCI Medical Center, Ayres Hotel, The Block
Description: Welcome to Anepalco's Cafe. We are a Mexican-French Fussion Restaurant. We offer you a great variety in our menu. From our Signature Dish The Chilaquiles, to French-Style Omelettes and Lunch Crepes for brunch, to Serrano Beurre Blanc Tilapia, Costillas al Vino Rojo, or Cielo, Mer y Terre for dinner. Come to Anepalco's Cafe and enjoy of an unforgettable dining experience.
Rochester, Illinois
“Hidden but worth finding!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I did not try the Chilaquiles, however, our party of 3 each got something different and shared. #1 when it says Best Coffee in Town they are not kidding!!! We had the Brioche French Toast with Agave Syrup and strawberry - OMG!!! TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!! I had the Roasted Tomato omelette and my brother had the Spinach/veggie omelette both fantastic. Flavoring is wonderful. What a great blend. Get there early and enjoy and savor the time there.

• Visited November 2013

Sacramento, California
“Mexican-French fusion - excellent brunch!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

One of the best brunches I've had. Almost booked this spot for a luncheon I organized, but realized it didn't have a private room! After perusing the menu, I vowed to return, it looked so tasty.

Booked a table for eight for Sunday brunch with friends. Located next to some sort of motel (with an "m"), the restaurant itself is on a lackluster corner next to a freeway. But inside, the ambiance is cozy with a huge chandelier (nice touch).

Reasonably-priced, ($10? $12?) I ordered the huevos rancheros. Topped with avocado mousse and surrounded by a sauce that was to die for, it definitely put a spin on your run-of-the-mill variety. Husband got the huevos with duck - said it "tasted more like a curry."

Great Mexican hot chocolate and service was attentive. They even arranged for plates and candles for birthday cupcakes!

Close to Disneyland and all those hotels, unless you like dining with Disney characters, skip Goofy's Cafe and come here instead for breakfast.

• Visited October 2013
Torrance
“Love the Chilaquiles”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ok, these chilaquiles are quite good as well as the chile relleno en nogada (walnut sauce believe it or not). The chile relleno is great because they do not fry it, so no egg batter covering. Yes, not traditional, but quite delicious. I had one of their burgers, and it tasted great, but I would never order it in a business luncheon. Make a reservation if you can during lunch, but still very accessible, even at lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Anaheim, CA
“Amazing food, ok service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I've only been here 3 times, and each time I get the signature Chilaquiles and another dish to share. The food is amazing but the service can improve.

In a prior time I had to ask multiple times for a small plate to share our food. Today, it took a while for my boyfriend's iced coffee.

I wish I could give 5 stars but the service dings it down a star.

Amazing food. I have to give them 5 stars for that, especially the chilaquiles!

Use opentable.com and make a reservation, especially on weekends.

• Visited September 2013
Conway
“It was horrible! I will NEVER return!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My bride and I stopped here on our honeymoon and had a horrible experience. My wife ordered the Pork Al Pastor and explained to the waiter that she cannot eat anything spicy or tomato based. When they brought the meal out the pork was covered in a sauce of peppers. When we attempted to send it back to have it remade without the peppers the chef came out to our table. He explained that this was an expensive meal and offered to CLEAN OFF the pepper sauce and give it back to us. I stated that this would not be sufficient, as the pepper sauce had penetrated the meat, and that it needs to be made again. At this point the chef stated that because it is an expensive meal, if he made us a new one he would have to charge us for both. I told the chef that I had never heard of a restaurant that would charge someone for something that didn't/couldn't eat.

The chef then took the meal back to the kitchen, CLEANED OFF THE PEPPER SAUCE AND THE SERVED US THE SAME PORK CHOP!!!! He said to us that this should be just fine and we should try to eat it anyway. Otherwise he will charge us double to make us a new meal.

I find this to be the most unprofessional AND rude experience I've seen in a restaurant in a very very long time.

Shall I mention that this single pork chop was nearly $20 on it's own, so having a new one prepared would have cost us $40.

I will NEVER eat at this establishment again. Nor will I ever recommend anyone to eat there.

• Visited July 2013