“Just in time.....”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Changzhou, China
“Just in time.....”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

While home for the holidays from my job in China I ended up with some emergency surgery. My three week stay was now two months. My son found this place after doing some research. It is a motel type room but with a kitchenette. He negotiated a terrific price for the area for my first months stay. It is located next to the Honda Center in the corner of a large lot which services several good restaurants and a movie theatre. Caleb, the young man who runs it during the day is very sharp and responsive. It attracts as near as I can tell all types of customers, long term like me and daily visitors. It is quiet and when it hasn't been the staff has been on it immediately. I haven't bothered with the breakfast so I can't speak to it but with the kitchenette I just hit the local supermarket and eat my normal breakfast. I wished it had a common area to sit outside but the layout isn't conducive to that. I've checked other extended stay locations on TA and in person and this one clearly is the best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, January 30, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and our staff, especially Caleb. I am glad that your fully equipped kitchen and our convenient location met your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have to say, I wonder why some folks have a problem with this hotel. the wife and I ALWAYS stay at this hotel when we trek down to southern california. We always get one of the larger rooms (they used to call them "handicapped rooms" but now they are called suites). No, breakfast is not the greatest - kind of lame actually but it's obvious the hotel is trying to at least provide something that attempts to mirror those better breakfast servings that one gets at the "more expensive" hotels. Such is one of the reason Extended Stay can offer cheaper prices. This is a long term place folks, one whose rooms are essentially apartments to many folks who for whatever reason, can't afford a house or apartment. Noise? Anywhere you go you risk those jerks who do not understand the word "consideration". Like those places, one just hopes for quiet. If a problem occurs, one then hopes that management takes care of it. In the 10 or so times we have stayed here, noise was a problem only once but it was intermittent and calling the staff folks was not necessary. Sheesh!! Anyway, we are heading back south soon and as always, will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one of those "suites" that are arranged as follows.....as you walk in there is the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. It was wonderful to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us whenever you visit our area. We strive to ensure our guests experience the comforts of home, so to read your wonderful comments serves as a reminder our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Thank you very much again for providing us with your feedback and for continuing to choose Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in our area.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

When I arrived it was too early for check in. Caleb not only made the check in process easy he was able to get me an early check in. He was very professional and friendly. For the price and location of the hotel it is exactly what I expected.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and how Caleb took care of you. I am so glad that he, along with the rest of our staff, provided you with such great service, and that you liked our hotel's location. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
San Jose
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Started from a bad customer service , stephanie and Gina was very rude on the phoneand all throughout the chek in process. We felt like we are bothering their evening...2nd night , my son girlfriend called them if they can replace the blankets on their room smell like pee, and she was told that we shoud've made the request on the morning that way they can wash the blanket.this s from Gina . Didn't know that there's limited blanket supplies in this hotel. I personally called and spoke to Stephania an told her outright and give her a piece of advice about their attitude with clients. Clearly these girls need training in customer service. Rooms is spacious but dusty, looks like it wasn't vacuum. Didn't get a clean feeling staying at ths hotel. 2nd night there's a huge leak in the lobby , followed by fire alarm, just sealed my opinion about this Hotel...lousy, dirty and rude customer service , night shift...lack of toiletries hair dryer...you need to request these...

Room Tip: Don't stay there....don't matter which room is located
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As well, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with my staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. Finally, I apologize that you encountered a leak in our lobby and a fire alarm during your visit with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or concerns. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

Carlsbad, California, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here before since we come to Ducks games. It's pretty close to the Honda Center. The last time we stayed here (December 28th-29th) was BAD! We waited at the counter for I don't know how long before the clerk came out. She was obviously NOT happy to be there. She was just short of rude. It didn't get any better. Our room was right in front of the elevator so we got to hear dinging all night. Kids down the hall were SCREAMING out the window. The room didn't smell that good, the bathroom wasn't very clean and only ONE lamp worked. I was pretty disappointed because we have stayed here before and were comfortable & happy with our stay. We will be looking for other accommodations in the area for our next Ducks game.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela – Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The condition you found your room in is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Lastly, I am sorry to hear that you encountered noise disturbance from the elevator and neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at org@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Orange, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

"Your Home Away From Home' is no just a slogan with Extended Stay America in Orange, Ca.
They really mean it! A newly refurbished, comfortable, clean room with provisions for light housekeeping, a knowledgeable, friendly staff, a location near entertainment venues and a variety of restaurants have made Extended Stay America in Orange our three month winter home for the past twelve years for my husband and me. Before he retired, my husband worked in the aviation industry and we have been able to travel around the world, staying in a variety of hotels in many countries. In no other place have we ever felt as welcome or felt that we were getting as much for our money as we do here.

Be it for one night, one week, one month or an entire season, you and your pocketbook will feel at home at Extended Stay America in Orange. We hope to be able to come for at least another twelve years.

Room Tip: From our experience, all the rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Great little hotel, make reservations early as it sells out quickly. Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Nice rooms with completely outfitted kitchens. Also a theater and many restaurants within walking distance of hotel. On Katella Street, near Batavia

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,402 reviews
Best Western Orange Plaza

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Address: 1635 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867-3412
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange