“Horrible Horrible hotel!”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Mukilteo, Washington
“Horrible Horrible hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My sister discovered that the sheets on her bed was stained and dirty. When she asked that the linens be changed, they (eventually) brought up fresh sheets; but she had to put them on herself, as "there's no one in housekeeping right now". The next night, our other beds was invaded by ants - the bed was COVERED in them! When we asked to be transferred to another room, we were told that we couldn't be accommodated because the hotel was "booked up". The site we booked through hotwire fortunately, so they were able to get us into a different (and much better) hotel. Finally, on the way out we were sweeping the room to be sure we hadn't forgotten anything. When she looked under the beds, she found garbage - literally! The floor under the beds was covered in old wrappers, food scraps, and other debris.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Renton, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The first night of our stay, I discovered that the sheets on my bed were stained and dirty. When I asked that the linens be changed, they (eventually) brought up fresh sheets; but I had to put them on myself, as "there's no one in housekeeping right now". The next night, our other bed was invaded by ants - the bed was COVERED in them! When we asked to be transferred to another room, we were told that we couldn't be accommodated because the hotel was "booked up". The site we booked through was fortunately able to get us into a different (and much better) hotel. Finally, on the way out we were sweeping the room to be sure we hadn't forgotten anything. When I looked under the beds, I found garbage - literally! The floor under the beds was covered in old wrappers, food scraps, and other debris. I absolutely would NEVER stay at an Extended Stay property ever again! I normally stay at Radisson hotels; but my brother had booked the reservation. That's a mistake I won't make again!

Room Tip: Dirty, ant infested - don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the level of cleanliness in your room. Please accept my most sincere apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working very closely with my housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures so they are more in line with our company's high standards.

Again, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at org@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Orange hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to see Shane Victorino (Red Sox) vs. Angels ball game. so we drove 4 hours from Vegas and we stayed on 7/5/13 overnight. Our room was clean and 10 minutes driving from the stadium. Couldn't beat it for the price. They are pet friendly too!
They advertise breakfast, but it is just a grab and go, and they really need to clean the coffee urns out. other than that, we would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, our hotel's location and the room price. However, we apologize for the coffee urns not being out during breakfast. I am working with the staff to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Please, feel free to contact me directly at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Katella Ave/Orange location and we were very pleased with our stay. We were there from June 6-14,2013. We originally booked for the 7th but arrived in town a day early-there was no problem getting the room a day early after calling ahead to notify them. When we arrived in the lobby, there was this very strong stale food odor like the carpet needs to be deep cleaned. At this point, I was concerned about what my room might smell like. There was no need to worry. The room was clean, neat and odorless. It felt like a little "home away from home" for the week we were there. As everyone mentions, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. It's a great place to come home to while away from home. It is in a central location and I would definitely stay there again when in southern California.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in the rear/there is more privacy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We thank you for such positive comments about staff and convenient location. Still, I am sorry about the odor in the lobby. Our maintenance staff has corrected this issue.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
southern california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was there for several months. Pretty comfortable. Small but decent kitchenette (stove, microwave, toaster,full size fridge- but no oven.Great staff which was friendly and helpful. I liked that it was in a center with various good restaurants (and a movie theater).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and the kitchenette that is provided in all of them. As well, I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at org@extendedstay.com for your future travelling needs.
Chico, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Was in Anaheim to catch a ball game and hang with friends. Picked Extended Stay because of its proximity to Angel Stadium and it's low price. Pay the extra bucks and stay somewhere else. Checked in late Sunday first thing that struck me was the overwhelming smell of old food. Check in was easy but when I got to my room it not only smelled but the carpet was wet with some yet to be determined liquid . Back downstairs I went and was given another room. Dry carpet but still had wierd odor. Another thing to note is there is no maid service and clean towels must be picked up at front desk. There is a small kitchen area but when I went to get a glass for some water it had that stuck to the countertop had not been cleaned for a very long time feel. There are no vending machines so you have to walk to either Starbucks or the corner gas station for water and snacks about a block away . Like I said spend the extra bucks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed to read that your room was unclean and there was slight odor. Please, accept my apology. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at org@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times and keep coming back because of their great front office staff. I have allergies and osteoporosis. They have been very accommodating with finding the best room for my stay. Five stars for their friendliness and can-do attitude!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave., responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Debbie - Thank you for your great review of our property and our staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you continue to visit our hotel because our staff has provided for your needs so well each time. As well, I am glad that our location is ideal for your travels.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,381 reviews
BEST WESTERN Orange Plaza

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Property: Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
Address: 1635 W Katella Ave, Orange, CA 92867-3412
Location: United States > California > Orange County > Orange
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Orange County-Katella Ave Hotel Orange