“Very Clean, Nice rooms”

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC
“Very Clean, Nice rooms”
Reviewed July 20, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Ayres Orange for two nights when we were in town for a friend's wedding. The hotel was very clean. The water pressure in the shower was excellent, and the bed (especially the pillows) was comfortable. The pool was also very clean. Check in and check out were nice and easy. The staff was friendly, and there were fresh baked cookies (chocolate chip) in the lobby in the afternoon. I overheard a guest ask for peanut butter cookies and the lady at the front desk called the attached restaurant to have them make a batch. When driving, it is a little cumbersome getting out of the hotel, since it requires a U-turn to get onto the main road, but it is very close (within walking distance) to an outdoor mall, with several restaurants. In all I was satisfied with the service and atmosphere.

• Liked — Clean, and Comfortable
  • Disliked — None I can think of
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank palott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
El Paso
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We just returned from our summer vacation in California. We absoulty loved our stay. Our room was Clean, they have great beds and absoulty
loved the pillows; both were nice and comfortable. They had a hot breakfast buffet everyday which is really nice and huge timesaver. And they provide free shuttle service to Disneyland daily which saves
you $ on parking. I never had the opportunity to use the pool or enjoy the cocktail hour, but I am sure I would not have been disappointed. I really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — free shuttle service
  • Disliked — no comment
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank claudjon
Bartlett, IL
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Hello,
My Husband,daughter and I stayed here and the stay was NICE. The staff was VERY FRIENDLY, HONEST AND HELPFUL. We were near a lot of restaurants, etc. Disneyland only 2miles. HOT breakfast every day. I suggest that you bring your own comfortable pillows, the bathroom in our room didn't have a vent fan and the room is smaller than what it looks online but clean everyday. The incidentals charges were high..
$125 to be exact for a non smoking room and We weren't told this before booking and our room was prepaid almost $850 for the week for a King suite. I also suggest that you come down for breakfast before 7:30am as the dining area gets over crowded after that and seating is
limited. I also, would like to say to the hotel breakfast staff that towards the end of the breakfast time, you should ask guests if they would like any extra helpings before just tossing out food like that.
The day we checked out, I didn't notice that I had lost my keys until
literally when we got back to our home airport. I was skeptical in calling the hotel to see if they had them as I remembered that I last
saw them before boarding our plane before we had even gotten to the hotel. To make a long story short, they were there including my husband's keys and jewelry and he didn't even know that he had left anything there because he thought he'd locked them up in the car trunk in the parking garage at our home airport. Ayres INN NEXT DAY air sent back my keys and to my surprise his items were in the package as well and my husband was shocked!! He didn't know he had lost his jewelry and he was looking every where for his keys at home.
Ayres INN Hotel have VERY NICE STAFF AND HONEST PEOPLE period. They even gave our daughter a teddy bear with their Logo on it as a gift for staying there which was nice. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYBODY to stay there. They are not hard on your pockets, have great breakfast, free prking and are close to just about everything including Walmart 3miles, Target 1 mile, restaurants like taco bell Wendy's right next door -Jack IN The BOX,I suggest your try their SIRLOIN BURGERS VERY BEST BURGER I HAVE EVER HAD and BEST BUY for all you electronics savy
people out there is literally next door. They need to offer FREE wireless internet in the rooms and Install LARGER ELEVATORS, then they will be a PERFECT 10, until then, they are a strong 9. Thank you
Ayres Inn for all your services and making our first stay there and our first time ever in California a memorable time. We will be back for our next vacation.

Ps. Our daughter is handicapped in a wheelchair and she had a great time too.

• Liked — Being close to mostly everything and the complimentary hot BREAKFAST
  • Disliked — Elevators TOO Small, No free wireless internet,No microwave in rms, Incidental Charges too HIGH and Plillows too LUMPY
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank destinyatk
hdgibson
Reviewed June 8, 2007

So much went wrong with this hotel i couldn't possibly write it all down. We had a group of girls staying at this hotel and reserved 2 rooms (4persons per room). The moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated like children and worst of all we were sexually harrassed by the desk clerk. He made rude comments saying if we didn't have bathing suites he has dental floss for us to wear, and asked who he got to have that night. Later in the evening the hotel staff accused us of throwing food in the hallway, this would have been impossible since we weren't even there. Basically the staff treated us like we were idiots, they accused us of things because we are younger. They made all but three of us leave, even though we had reserved the room for eight. They were absolutely ridiculous.
The staff ruined our stay there and we don't recommend this hotel to anyone. We strongly encourage everyone to find another place to stay.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything was horrible and the staff made one of our girls cry.
  • Stayed June 2007
3 Thank hdgibson
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2007

We spent five nights at the Ayres Inn Orange and were very pleased. The rooms and the bathrooms were not large but were adequate, clean and well equipped. The pool area was lovely and well maintained. It was a bonus to have a breakfast buffet each day and happy hour on the weekdays, and being able to walk to "The Block" shopping and entertainment district was a plus. The only negative comment we have is that the shuttle bus didn't run in the afternoons and that was when we would have liked to return from Disneyland for a break. The staff that we dealt with were polite and hospitable and the shuttle bus drivers were particularly good. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — close to Disneyland, decent pool, great value
  • Disliked — infrequency of shuttle bus service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2007

Our first two nights were not good because of problems with our family members a/c not working and their room adjoined with ours. Then our third through fifth nights were not good in our room. The 3rd night our a/c started clicking very loudly all night long. We would have just turned off the a/c and just used the fan, but there was a fire in the hills in Anaheim and the room filled with a smoke smell when you didn't use the a/c. We called down to the desk that next morning after a horrible nights sleep and complained about the a/c and they said they would send maintenance later that morning.
When maintenance arrived he pulled a bolt out of the a/c and said that was probably what was making the clicking noise.
So, that night wen we arrived back to our room, the clicking was exactly the same as before. We called down to the desk and asked the guy to come up to hear it so he could tell maintenance what he heard. He refused and offered to move us to another room. Well, we weren't in a position to move. The kids were already asleep. We were wiped out after a day at Disneyland. We also had adjoining rooms with my mother, sister and her two kids. We kept the room door open so the kids could play back and forth. Not to mention we had a weeks worth of clothes unpacked and in the closets and drawers, toiletries, electronics, ect. It would have been so much trouble to move. Why not FIX the problem!??
So, since the night guy refused to come and listen to the clicking, we videoed it with our camera so we could play it for the maintenance staff the next morning. We called that morning to see what they had planned on doing about the clicking. They said they would have someone fix it while we were out that day.
They never did!
So, when we checked out, we complained that it was never taken care of and they basically called us a liar. They said that because we didn't want to repack and move at midnight then we were just complaining to get a discount. I was FURIOUS!!!!!!! I told them that I recorded it for them and they acted like that was strange. I couldn't believe it, especially when I asked the front desk guy to come to our room twice to hear the problem and he refused and said that he believed me.
I have stayed at the Ayres for the last 3 years on spring break and will definitely NOT EVER COME BACK unless they get rid of the Manager and the front desk staff, with the exception of Pam, she was GREAT!! Also, the shuttle driver was really nice too!!!

I was very disappointed with my stay as was my sister and mother who also had problems with their room. I will let them give their review as well. We were all disappointed and will not be back!!!

• Liked — Free breakfast and the shuttle to Disney.
  • Disliked — The hotel staff!!! They need to learn how to treat their guests.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank mommies2girls
Providence UT
Reviewed March 6, 2007

Upon arriving at the hotel at 11:30 pm - I had to wake the front desk clerk. He was very put out to check us in. When I got to the room I needed to call the front desk for something and he wouldn't answer. The morning front desk clerk named Christopher was very rude to us, and we noticed to other guests as well. He stated to us, "Large families drive me crazy." We have four children and spent a lot of money to stay at this motel. We needed extra towels because they only give you two. When I sent my 15 year old son down to get some extra towels Christopher asked him what they were for. (Duh.) He didn't treat my son with much respect. The front desk clerks were ALWAYS on the phone or too busy to help with anything. The FREE shuttle is very poor. One day-Tuesday- they had a large one that seated 20. Disneyland isn't busy on Tuesdays and neither was the motel, however, it was full. You have to schedule the shuttle the night before and it only runs every half hour from 8-11 in the morning. If it is full, you are out of luck. To return you have to shcedule one of two times. Disneyland closed at 8 pm and they were there to pick you up at 8:15 or 8:45. We didn't have the time to spend at Downtown Disney after the park closed, and were very rushed to catch the shuttle. On Wednesday thru Friday the other days we were there, the shuttle was a small passenger van that seated 9 at the most. This is not acceptable for this large of a motel where most of the guests were going to Disneyland. Disneyland was busier these days. Agian, the front desk was terrible at accomodating us. The shuttle bus drivers were rude to us. We were running a few minutes late when we recieved a phone call from the front desk from Christopher again, He rudely said, "If your family is not in the lobby in 2 minutes, they will be left." When we arrived - we were the only ones on the shuttle - nobody was waiting. We were 7 minutes late. The next morning they were 15 minutes late picking us up. The breakfast was not a "cook to order" as stated. It was a buffet and was only from 7-9 on weekdays. It was a good breakfast - same thing everyday and not enough seating. The rooms are remodeled and are clean, however there is NO Ventilation. They are very stuffy and very small. Internet service is $8 a day and was down 2 days we were there. The hot tub was broke and the pool was very dirty and cold. There are a lot of choices in Anaheim and if you are traveling with a family, this probably isn't where I would recommend.

• Liked — Pillows
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff - Shuttle Service - Small Stuffy Rooms
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Piranhas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!