“Great hotel!”

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here as it is close to Disneyland. It takes about 10 mins on the bus which picks you up directly outside. The hotel itself is lovely. Nice and clean with good rooms. Irving on check in was super helpful. The breakfast was very good. Proper plates cups and cutlery! So much nicer than plastic! The young lady who attended to he breakfast room really did a great job. I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are ecstatic to hear that Irving made your experience at our hotel memorable. We will make sure to celebrate his exceptional service. We are glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and the transportation service to Disney. We thank you for your recommending us to other reviewers! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Free breakfast and late checkout upon request and for a price. Nice clean conferrable rooms. Not all Ayers Hotels have room service but this one dose. Close to the Block in Orange and lot to do in walking distance. But stay for your hard earned dollar

Room Tip: all rooms are the same no upgrades
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

We thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thank you for sharing with our reviewers how clean our hotel is and the great features our hotel offers. We'd love to have you visit us soon again!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great stay and I just love the pillows! Every staff person is friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning offers more than the usual continental affair.....every time I visit southern California, I stay at an Ayres!

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor in a room with just one queen and it was cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Ayres Hotels! We are pleased to read that you love our pillows, breakfast buffet and most importantly, our staff's service! We thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon again!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

A clean and new-feeling hotel, priced reasonably, near Disneyland with an extremely friendly staff

Room was spacious enough and well laid out, though it would have been nice if they had taken some space from the entryway to add to the bathroom.

Some gotchas that are typical of many hotels in this price range. Drinking cups are crumply plastic, wrapped in plastic - an actual glass would be nice. "Free Wifi" worth its price (i.e., essentially unusable) - very spotty coverage throughout the hotel, and the speed very slow even when a connection is made. Fitness room a tiny afterthought with ceilings so low you bump your head from the elliptical. Free breakfast edible enough, but served in a tiny cafe room far too small to handle the capacity crowd (and the several signs pleading with people not to take their food into the lobby imply this is a common situation).

And suffers from a very common design mistake in the modern prefab hotel - meager elevator capacity relative to demand at peak times. With six floors, there's not much option to use the stairs. One weekday morning I waited almost fifteen minutes for an available elevator on the sixth floor, and of course it took another five minutes to reach the ground floor, stopping at every floor too full to accommodate the children eager to go to Disneyland.

Convenient to various highways - though in Orange County, what isn't? - and overall a fair value for the price. Just not going to wow you with any special wonderfulness.

Room Tip: Ask at the front desk if they know of a room with strong wifi coverage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Talisker10

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas we need to improve on. In regards to our breakfast room, I do want to advise you we anticipate the expansion of the restaurant to be completed by the end of January. We will also re-visit ideas to better our fitness center. We are pleased to read that you found our hotel to be clean, new-feeling and that our staff provided excellent customer service. Please feel free to contact me at szuno@ayreshotels.com to further discuss your concerns. Thank you in advance for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am not one to travel and stay in hotels very often since my husband and I have a motor home.. but when I have and because of seeing family or actually a family emergency, I've chosen Ayres. I've stayed at an Ayer's in Yorba Linda many times and of course have nothing but great things to say.
This time I drove to CA. alone for a family emergency and stayed at the Ayers in Orange close to St. Josephs Hospital in Orange.
I was alone and am a 63 year old gal. I am always so comfortable at Ayers.. The rooms are always very clean and I'm a VERY picky!
For whatever your reasons are I would highly recommend Ayers. I would go to this hotel or the one in Yorba Linda in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your loyalty to the Ayres Hotels! It is wonderful to read that our hotels are your favorite choice. It has been our pleasure to be your home away from home during your visit to the Orange area. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

One of my relatives had surgery at the UCI Medical Center across the street from the Ayres Inn Orange. The location is excellent and with the free parking, I was able to leave the car at the hotel and walk to the hospital daily. The hot buffet breakfast was very good and they changed several dishes daily, so one would not have to eat the same thing every morning. That staff was very very accommodating and very friendly. One delightful perk was the chocolate chip cookies they had at the front desk in the evening! Unfortunately, sometimes my stay at the hospital didn't allow me to return until later in the evening, so I missed the cookies :-(. However, after a couple of missed cookie evenings, I asked the front desk if they could save some cookies for me...which they did...and boy, was I a happy camper that night. Good price, good breakfast, good beds, and good cookies. What more can you ask for? I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing with our reviewers about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read that our hotel was an excellent choice while you visited family at the UCI Medical center. We are happy to read our staff took well care of you and that we even saved you some cookies! We do aim to please, here at Ayres Inn Orange and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent hotel. Normally stay across the street from Disneyland, but this hotel was far superior. Clean, modern rooms with lots of shelf space in the closet area of the room (much more than most hotel rooms). Very bright, modern bathrooms. Free parking (hard to come by in the Disneyland area) with 2-storey parkade on site. Quick trip to Disneyland available every half-hour on ART shuttle with only 1 stop between hotel and Disneyland. Next door to Wendy's and Best Buy. Close to Outlets at Orange and 5 minute drive to other nearby restaurants, Target, Von's, etc. Only 1 complaint which is beyond the hotel's control: cable company programs in-room TV's so that additional devices cannot be connected. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take pride in our hotel as we strive to exceed all of our guests’ expectations. We are so pleased to read our hotel exceeded yours! Thank you for highlighting the great features our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Disneyland!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
#5 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!