“pleasant place, convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ALO Hotel

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Carmichael, California, United States
“pleasant place, convenient location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at Ayers Inn Orange during a work trip to downtown Santa Ana. Apparently, a lot of people stay there to visit Disneyland. It is also close to UC Irvine and Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) medical facilities, with easy freeway access. There is adequate free parking. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are free cookies when you check in. The rooms are good sized and clean, and have a small refrigerator. I agree with the person who would have liked a full-sized mirror. There was free wifi access in the rooms and it worked well. There is an exercise room. The breakfast was good and there is a large seating area. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but there is one on site. The room service menu looked interesting. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to read our hotel was just right for you. We appreciate you mentioning a few of the great features our hotel offers. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town for work in Santa Ana.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I did not like that anyone who enters your room can see all your clothes because there aren't any doors on the closet. Also no full length mirror so had to stand on a chair several times to see bottom half. Room was too far from elevator and having MS the long walk from the elevator wore me out.

Room Tip: If disabled try to get a room closer to the elevator. We could not because they were full up.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. We will see how we can best improve our rooms and see if we can add a full length mirror. Please feel free to contact me directly at szuno@ayreshotels.com to discuss your concerns.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Ayres and loved it. We got a fantastic rate on a 6 night stay through Get Away Today. The overall feel of the hotel is very nice, breakfast was great, and the location convenient for Disneyland, the beach and dining. I was apprehensive about taking ART to and from Disneyland, but it proved very reliable and easy. The room was a good size, and the mud-room style shelves were much handier than a closet. I prefer a bathroom that has the toilet and tub seperate from the vanity and sink, especially when trying to get everyone up and ready in the morning, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I also wasn't crazy about the fact that this is a pet friendly hotel; I prefer not to trip over or smell Fido on my way to my room, but I did not see a dog the entire time and was assured by the staff that only the ground floor rooms have ever had animals in them. We stayed on the Best Buy side, and all was quiet. I heard sirens from the hospital a few times, but I honesty think I noticed them only because others had mentioned them here... definitely not a problem. The only problem we did have, and it is very minor, is that the fridge had a few "cold" spots and we ended up with some frozen fruit. All in all this is a great family budget hotel and I have to problem recomending it to anyone who is needing that.

1 Thank care d
We thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We appreciate you sharing with our reviewers the great value our hotel has. Our Full American breakfast buffet and the ART shuttle are great advantages for families visiting Disney. We hope you visit us soon again!
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had read about the Ayres Hotel through Tripadvisor and we were very pleased with the hotel. We are very picky with out hotels and we were not disappointed at all. The staff are very courteous and are there to offer assistance as needed. One day, we were late for the free breakfast, but the General Manager (forgot her name) went to the back and brought us a couple of bagels and some milk for our daughters to have cereal. We were very appreciative.
Never used the pool so can't comment on that.
There was only one glitch and it was taken care of promptly. Also, if you are a TV fanatic, the channels are not quick to change and it gets irritating. Since we were out most of the day, this wasn't a huge deal for us.
The hotel is about a mile and a half from Disneyland and you have to pay to use the shuttle. I think that the shuttle should be free but not a deal breaker. We ended up taking our car to Disneyland for the 3 days as it was the same for us to park there than pay for the shuttle service.
I would stay the hotel again.

Room Tip: Request the top room and you can see the fireworks at Disneyland from the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sandra Z, Asstistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Christine Smith, General Manager, truly sets the example for our team. Our staff's goal is to exceed all of our guests' expectations.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orange/Anaheim area!
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over Labor Day weekend. It's very reasonably priced due to location. It's close to everything in Anaheim. I would not say "walking distance" but there's a lot of public transportation (bus or cab). Free parking and welcome cookies are added bonuses!
The rooms are large if you get a King or double room. They have a couch, coffee table and desk area. Our friends had the queen and it was much smaller than our king. I love that they have a mini fridge in the room to store drinks or food. The bed was comfy and we both slept great without any noise. The breakfast was really good with tons of options. If you're prefer Starbucks, there's one 2 doors down. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I'm not sure but it looked very interesting (French Mexican cuisine).

Room Tip: Top floors are quiet. King rooms are much larger than queens.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We are delighted to read you had a great stay at our hotel! Thank you for your kind feedback. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in the near future!
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had to make a business trip to Orange recently and had originally planned to stay at one of the large chain hotels on Harbor Boulevard. I did a search on TripAdvisor for Orange hotels and ran across the Ayres Inn, saw the good reviews, and figured why not. It looked nice and not too big and it’s fairly close to the office I was visiting. I’m pleased I made the choice.
The Ayres is a smallish hotel with a nice lobby and pool area. I was also surprised when I arrived to see they had a restaurant. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. My room was bigger than expected and quite nice. It had windows that open (which I really like – I hate feeling like I’m sealed in). It was very clean as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.

The Inn has free parking which is great. I never had an issue finding a space.

Now about the restaurant. I really didn’t expect much, given the Inn’s location and size. Man was I ever very pleasantly surprised! The food was very good. The service was outstanding. One little gripe….I really wanted a martini but they only have beer and wine – but that’s cool.
I would definitely stay at the Ayres Inn again and would highly recommend it. And if you do stay there be sure to try the restaurant (Anepalcos) for dinner. Really quite good!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the great review! Wanted to let you and everyone know that Anepalco's restaurant is in the process of aquiring a full liquor license and will be expanding the restaurant to include a full bar. We are about 3 months away from martini's and cosmo's.

Christine Smith
Ayres Inn Orange
League City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay here. The continental breakfast was real good. Parking was easy. Hotel is at a great location, 10 minutes from Disneyland, across from outlet shops and easy access to freeway. This hotel was very affordable which made our trip even more enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a great job in cleaning and making sure that they restocked everything for the next day. Would defitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ayres Inn Orange, for your family trip to Disneyland! We are very happy to read you loved your stay with us. Thank you for sharing with our reviewers the great features of our hotel and staff! We will share your feedback with our team as it is incredibly encouraging for our staff to hear such kind words from our guests who had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Disneyland!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
BEST WESTERN Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!