“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of ALO Hotel

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had to make a business trip to Orange recently and had originally planned to stay at one of the large chain hotels on Harbor Boulevard. I did a search on TripAdvisor for Orange hotels and ran across the Ayres Inn, saw the good reviews, and figured why not. It looked nice and not too big and it’s fairly close to the office I was visiting. I’m pleased I made the choice.
The Ayres is a smallish hotel with a nice lobby and pool area. I was also surprised when I arrived to see they had a restaurant. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. My room was bigger than expected and quite nice. It had windows that open (which I really like – I hate feeling like I’m sealed in). It was very clean as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.

The Inn has free parking which is great. I never had an issue finding a space.

Now about the restaurant. I really didn’t expect much, given the Inn’s location and size. Man was I ever very pleasantly surprised! The food was very good. The service was outstanding. One little gripe….I really wanted a martini but they only have beer and wine – but that’s cool.
I would definitely stay at the Ayres Inn again and would highly recommend it. And if you do stay there be sure to try the restaurant (Anepalcos) for dinner. Really quite good!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the great review! Wanted to let you and everyone know that Anepalco's restaurant is in the process of aquiring a full liquor license and will be expanding the restaurant to include a full bar. We are about 3 months away from martini's and cosmo's.

Ayres Inn Orange

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
League City, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay here. The continental breakfast was real good. Parking was easy. Hotel is at a great location, 10 minutes from Disneyland, across from outlet shops and easy access to freeway. This hotel was very affordable which made our trip even more enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did a great job in cleaning and making sure that they restocked everything for the next day. Would defitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ayres Inn Orange, for your family trip to Disneyland! We are very happy to read you loved your stay with us. Thank you for sharing with our reviewers the great features of our hotel and staff! We will share your feedback with our team as it is incredibly encouraging for our staff to hear such kind words from our guests who had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Disneyland!
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Ayres Inn Orange, CA. It felt like being home. The room was so comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was ample and excellent - great coffee!
The staff was so helpful and friendly. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you felt at home at our hotel! We are glad to be your home away from home any time you visit the Orange area. You highlighted areas of our hotel we are very proud of, such as the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, the hearty breakfast we offer and the friendly service our staff provides! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Ayres Orange for the Disneyland Marathon based on reviews on Tripadvisor. The front desk staff (Amy) helped me out and went way over and above to make my stay enjoyable. She helped me find cool places to hang out at night and where to find some random things I forgot to pack like sunscreen etc. The hotel is self was really nice and I was very impressed with the room. I liked it more than the typical hotel setup. The shuttle to Disney at the front door was extremely convenient as well. If I go back to Disneyland I will be staying at the Ayres

Room Tip: Due to the timezone switch I was falling asleep early, Just be aware that you can hear the firework...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always great to read how a member of our staff exceeded our guests' expectations! We will make sure to celebrate Amy for her outstanding service.
As you mentioned, there is a shuttle that runs every thirty minutes to the Disney Theme Parks. An all day "ART" shuttle costs $5 per Adult and $2 per child.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Disney!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thought this hotel was a great value, with a full breakfast and free parking. Unlike other 3 star hotels, they don't have central air, so leave it on all day, and you'll be good. We were on the 6th floor, and it was unseasonably hot, so I'm sure it was just during this heat wave. The only thing I thought was unacceptable was the soap they give you for the sink and bath. I've never used Lava soap, but I can imagine that is what it is like. Very hard and sand-like. I have rosacea, so I should've known better and brought my own. I had never stayed at an Ayres before, and I think they have great customer service. The soap is my only complaint, so I recommend them, but bring your own! :)

Room Tip: If you run on the warm side, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! The soap we offer next to the sink is an oatmeal soap for face washing and does have the lava like grittiness.. The soap for the tub is a milder smooth soap body soap without the lava like grittiness. I apologize if you did not receive this soap. Should you stay with us in the future just call aheas and ask for an alternative, we will ahppily fulfill your request.

Riverside
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Ayres Inn Orange. From check-in to check-out all of the employees went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room rate included free wi-fi, parking, and breakfast. The breakfast buffet had plenty of variety, but I've had much better elsewhere. The location was perfect for us, close to shopping, dining, and major freeways. The room was plenty large for our family of 4. The room included a small refrigerator (no freezer section), coffee maker and plenty of storage. Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Ayres Inn Orange.

Dear Guest
Thank you review on Trip Advisor, my staff and I appreciate your comments and kindess!
Genearl Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Somehow my reservation was made for the wrong date. Shame on me for not carefully reviewing my email confirmation as I should have. Once I learned of the mistake, I immediately called the hotel and left a message for a manager to return my call. Sandra Zuno called and was extremely warm and friendly. After a brief explanation of my mistake, without hesitation, Sandra agreed to change the date and not charge me for our "no show". Per the terms of the reservation, she could have charged me the full room rate but it is clear to me that she understands that building good customer relationships is sometimes more important. Based on how I was treated, Ayres Inn will always be my first choice when visiting my daughter at Chapman University.

Our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My review would have been excellent had it not been for the disappointing breakfast. For the quality of this hotel, I expected a bit more - orange juice perhaps.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and complimenting Sandra, My Assistant General Manager. We all strive to meet and exceed our guest needs and are happy to know we did so fo ryou. We look forward to seeing you during the next couple of years when you viist your child at Chapman University.

Christine Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!