I had to make a business trip to Orange recently and had originally planned to stay at one of the large chain hotels on Harbor Boulevard. I did a search on TripAdvisor for Orange hotels and ran across the Ayres Inn, saw the good reviews, and figured why not. It looked nice and not too big and it’s fairly close to the office I was visiting. I’m pleased I made the choice.
The Ayres is a smallish hotel with a nice lobby and pool area. I was also surprised when I arrived to see they had a restaurant. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. My room was bigger than expected and quite nice. It had windows that open (which I really like – I hate feeling like I’m sealed in). It was very clean as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.
The Inn has free parking which is great. I never had an issue finding a space.
Now about the restaurant. I really didn’t expect much, given the Inn’s location and size. Man was I ever very pleasantly surprised! The food was very good. The service was outstanding. One little gripe….I really wanted a martini but they only have beer and wine – but that’s cool.
I would definitely stay at the Ayres Inn again and would highly recommend it. And if you do stay there be sure to try the restaurant (Anepalcos) for dinner. Really quite good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ALO Hotel! Our boutique-inspired hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at ALO Hotel are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At ALO Hotel, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your ALO Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- ALO Hotel Orange, CA - Orange County