“Ayres Inn Orange, CA”

GreenLeadersGold level
Burbank, California, United States
“Ayres Inn Orange, CA”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Ayres Inn Orange, CA. It felt like being home. The room was so comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was ample and excellent - great coffee!
The staff was so helpful and friendly. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you felt at home at our hotel! We are glad to be your home away from home any time you visit the Orange area. You highlighted areas of our hotel we are very proud of, such as the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, the hearty breakfast we offer and the friendly service our staff provides! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Ayres Orange for the Disneyland Marathon based on reviews on Tripadvisor. The front desk staff (Amy) helped me out and went way over and above to make my stay enjoyable. She helped me find cool places to hang out at night and where to find some random things I forgot to pack like sunscreen etc. The hotel is self was really nice and I was very impressed with the room. I liked it more than the typical hotel setup. The shuttle to Disney at the front door was extremely convenient as well. If I go back to Disneyland I will be staying at the Ayres

Room Tip: Due to the timezone switch I was falling asleep early, Just be aware that you can hear the firework...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always great to read how a member of our staff exceeded our guests' expectations! We will make sure to celebrate Amy for her outstanding service.
As you mentioned, there is a shuttle that runs every thirty minutes to the Disney Theme Parks. An all day "ART" shuttle costs $5 per Adult and $2 per child.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Disney!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thought this hotel was a great value, with a full breakfast and free parking. Unlike other 3 star hotels, they don't have central air, so leave it on all day, and you'll be good. We were on the 6th floor, and it was unseasonably hot, so I'm sure it was just during this heat wave. The only thing I thought was unacceptable was the soap they give you for the sink and bath. I've never used Lava soap, but I can imagine that is what it is like. Very hard and sand-like. I have rosacea, so I should've known better and brought my own. I had never stayed at an Ayres before, and I think they have great customer service. The soap is my only complaint, so I recommend them, but bring your own! :)

Room Tip: If you run on the warm side, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments! The soap we offer next to the sink is an oatmeal soap for face washing and does have the lava like grittiness.. The soap for the tub is a milder smooth soap body soap without the lava like grittiness. I apologize if you did not receive this soap. Should you stay with us in the future just call aheas and ask for an alternative, we will ahppily fulfill your request.

Riverside
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Ayres Inn Orange. From check-in to check-out all of the employees went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room rate included free wi-fi, parking, and breakfast. The breakfast buffet had plenty of variety, but I've had much better elsewhere. The location was perfect for us, close to shopping, dining, and major freeways. The room was plenty large for our family of 4. The room included a small refrigerator (no freezer section), coffee maker and plenty of storage. Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Ayres Inn Orange.

Dear Guest
Thank you review on Trip Advisor, my staff and I appreciate your comments and kindess!
Genearl Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Somehow my reservation was made for the wrong date. Shame on me for not carefully reviewing my email confirmation as I should have. Once I learned of the mistake, I immediately called the hotel and left a message for a manager to return my call. Sandra Zuno called and was extremely warm and friendly. After a brief explanation of my mistake, without hesitation, Sandra agreed to change the date and not charge me for our "no show". Per the terms of the reservation, she could have charged me the full room rate but it is clear to me that she understands that building good customer relationships is sometimes more important. Based on how I was treated, Ayres Inn will always be my first choice when visiting my daughter at Chapman University.

Our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My review would have been excellent had it not been for the disappointing breakfast. For the quality of this hotel, I expected a bit more - orange juice perhaps.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and complimenting Sandra, My Assistant General Manager. We all strive to meet and exceed our guest needs and are happy to know we did so fo ryou. We look forward to seeing you during the next couple of years when you viist your child at Chapman University.

Camarillo, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

During our past few times we've stayed "near Disneyland", I've always been awarded the Doubletree in Orange. I've always seen this hotel from the towering Doubletree. The trouble with Priceline bidding, I may get a good deal in paying for the night's stay BUT, the amenities (such as internet access and parking) is not always disclosed (unless you use the Express Deal), or in this case, I used Hotwire. As much as I enjoyed staying at the Doubletree, the parking fee is an additional of $20 (if not more). So this time around, I used Hotwire, and made sure I chose a hotel with free parking, internet, and breakfast...and I got Ayres Inn for around $70 (before tax/fees)....it came to around $82.50/night.

My family was greeted by Amy at the Front Desk, and she was extremely pleasant. The rooms were clean. The hotel was also an easy access from either the 5 Fwy or the 57 Fwy. We truly just needed to a place to "sleep". We had a late check-in of around 9pm, and had to leave the hotel by 6am - so yes, just sleep/shower is all we needed. It is also conveniently located next to Wendy's, Starbucks, and a few others, just walking distance.

About the free buffet breakfast (which starts at 6:30am), my only disappointment was we couldn't take advantage of it. We had to leave and check out by 6am. I did ask the front desk if there was any items we could take with us (bananas, apples, cereal - things that didn't have to be cooked), but they were strictly not opened until 6:30am.

The only reason why I gave it a VERY GOOD rating is because of breakfast inaccessbility before 6:30am. Other hotels were flexible enough to at least give us access to "whatever" was available during the time that I had to leave the hotel. I wasn't expecting the full buffet breakfast to be ready (although you would think that at 6am - some of the major items would have already been ready). I think I'm not the only traveler who has to leave very early (so this happens to a lot of people as well).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
I wanted to let you know that we appreciated your review and comments and especially noting our complimentary breakfast, internet and parking. I am sorry that breakfast is not open prior to 6:30 am when you needed to leave the hotel and also understand that other guests sleep in past the closing time of breakfast and also miss out. The time set meets 99% of our guest's needs but I am instructing the desk that if we have individuals between 6 am - 6:30 am who want to grab a bagel and juice to help them get into the Cafe which is locked until 6:30am.
Again thank you!

Alberta
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ayres Inn for our 6 nights. We had connecting rooms on the third floor which was really handy while travelling with 4 "kids" aged 13 - 20. The rooms were a a great value through Priceline ($80) and included a decent buffet for breakfast each morning (scrambled eggs, bacon or sausages (alternating days), fresh cut up fruit, hash browns, bagels, cereal, coffee, orange juice and tea) We had a view of the fireworks over top of the Best Buy sign. Connecting rooms are only available on the third floor.

The staff were friendly and even accommodated my grocery delivery on arrival day as well as my numerous packages that I had shipped to Ayres for my impending arrival :) We are from Canada so shipping to home is very expensive. I bought a few things online and had them shipped right to Ayres.

The cleaning staff were great. Our maid did a wonderful job tidying up the rooms and even left the stuffed animals in cute positions to entertain the girls. I left her a nice tip which she deserved.

The location is quite a ways away from Disneyland (not walking distance) but the pluses definitely make up for the distance. Ayres provides free parking and although the transit seemed handy we chose to park at Disneyland so we could come back and forth during the day when we pleased. Parking was well lit and felt safe. The Block at Orange was handy for eating and shopping options. Having Starbucks beside us was convenient for the morning we slept too late and missed the buffet. There is also a Wendys next door, although we didn't eat there. It was also handy to have a fridge in our room to keep our water etc. cold. There is tons of storage shelves for snacks etc. too.

You do hear sirens but like the other poster said, they did not wake us up during the night.

We will stay there again next time if the price is still this great and it includes free parking and breakfast. Thanks Ayres! You're doing everything right!

Room Tip: Facing Best Buy is probably quieter and you will be able to see the fireworks.
1 Thank lizzzys
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are very happy to read your family really enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you highlighting the great service we provided you, the cleanliness of our rooms and our close proximity to many shops and restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange
Doubletree by Hilton Anaheim - Orange County
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!