ALO Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
1,630 results
All reviewsayres innpancakescoffee cakepotatoesfree parkingfree breakfastsausagecookiesart shuttlefront desk staffuci medical centerwould definitely stay here againyogurtdisneyland tripstaff was very friendly and helpfulgreat place to staybeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Ayres Orange for the Disneyland Marathon based on reviews on Tripadvisor. The front desk staff (Amy) helped me out and went way over and above to make my stay enjoyable. She helped me find cool places to hang out at night and where to find some random things I forgot to pack like sunscreen etc. The hotel is self was really nice and I was very impressed with the room. I liked it more than the typical hotel setup. The shuttle to Disney at the front door was extremely convenient as well. If I go back to Disneyland I will be staying at the Ayres

Room Tip: Due to the timezone switch I was falling asleep early, Just be aware that you can hear the fireworks at disneyland prior to them closing at night, but I think this is true of most places in anaheim
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Sandra Z, Assistant General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always great to read how a member of our staff exceeded our guests' expectations! We will make sure to celebrate Amy for her outstanding service.
As you mentioned, there is a shuttle that runs every thirty minutes to the Disney Theme Parks. An all day "ART" shuttle costs $5 per Adult and $2 per child.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Disney!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thought this hotel was a great value, with a full breakfast and free parking. Unlike other 3 star hotels, they don't have central air, so leave it on all day, and you'll be good. We were on the 6th floor, and it was unseasonably hot, so I'm sure it was just during this heat wave. The only thing I thought was unacceptable was the soap they give you for the sink and bath. I've never used Lava soap, but I can imagine that is what it is like. Very hard and sand-like. I have rosacea, so I should've known better and brought my own. I had never stayed at an Ayres before, and I think they have great customer service. The soap is my only complaint, so I recommend them, but bring your own! :)

Room Tip: If you run on the warm side, ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments! The soap we offer next to the sink is an oatmeal soap for face washing and does have the lava like grittiness.. The soap for the tub is a milder smooth soap body soap without the lava like grittiness. I apologize if you did not receive this soap. Should you stay with us in the future just call aheas and ask for an alternative, we will ahppily fulfill your request.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Ayres Inn Orange. From check-in to check-out all of the employees went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room rate included free wi-fi, parking, and breakfast. The breakfast buffet had plenty of variety, but I've had much better elsewhere. The location was perfect for us, close to shopping, dining, and major freeways. The room was plenty large for our family of 4. The room included a small refrigerator (no freezer section), coffee maker and plenty of storage. Overall, we were very happy with our stay at the Ayres Inn Orange.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you review on Trip Advisor, my staff and I appreciate your comments and kindess!
Genearl Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Somehow my reservation was made for the wrong date. Shame on me for not carefully reviewing my email confirmation as I should have. Once I learned of the mistake, I immediately called the hotel and left a message for a manager to return my call. Sandra Zuno called and was extremely warm and friendly. After a brief explanation of my mistake, without hesitation, Sandra agreed to change the date and not charge me for our "no show". Per the terms of the reservation, she could have charged me the full room rate but it is clear to me that she understands that building good customer relationships is sometimes more important. Based on how I was treated, Ayres Inn will always be my first choice when visiting my daughter at Chapman University.

Our room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My review would have been excellent had it not been for the disappointing breakfast. For the quality of this hotel, I expected a bit more - orange juice perhaps.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and complimenting Sandra, My Assistant General Manager. We all strive to meet and exceed our guest needs and are happy to know we did so fo ryou. We look forward to seeing you during the next couple of years when you viist your child at Chapman University.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

During our past few times we've stayed "near Disneyland", I've always been awarded the Doubletree in Orange. I've always seen this hotel from the towering Doubletree. The trouble with Priceline bidding, I may get a good deal in paying for the night's stay BUT, the amenities (such as internet access and parking) is not always disclosed (unless you use the Express Deal), or in this case, I used Hotwire. As much as I enjoyed staying at the Doubletree, the parking fee is an additional of $20 (if not more). So this time around, I used Hotwire, and made sure I chose a hotel with free parking, internet, and breakfast...and I got Ayres Inn for around $70 (before tax/fees)....it came to around $82.50/night.

My family was greeted by Amy at the Front Desk, and she was extremely pleasant. The rooms were clean. The hotel was also an easy access from either the 5 Fwy or the 57 Fwy. We truly just needed to a place to "sleep". We had a late check-in of around 9pm, and had to leave the hotel by 6am - so yes, just sleep/shower is all we needed. It is also conveniently located next to Wendy's, Starbucks, and a few others, just walking distance.

About the free buffet breakfast (which starts at 6:30am), my only disappointment was we couldn't take advantage of it. We had to leave and check out by 6am. I did ask the front desk if there was any items we could take with us (bananas, apples, cereal - things that didn't have to be cooked), but they were strictly not opened until 6:30am.

The only reason why I gave it a VERY GOOD rating is because of breakfast inaccessbility before 6:30am. Other hotels were flexible enough to at least give us access to "whatever" was available during the time that I had to leave the hotel. I wasn't expecting the full buffet breakfast to be ready (although you would think that at 6am - some of the major items would have already been ready). I think I'm not the only traveler who has to leave very early (so this happens to a lot of people as well).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
I wanted to let you know that we appreciated your review and comments and especially noting our complimentary breakfast, internet and parking. I am sorry that breakfast is not open prior to 6:30 am when you needed to leave the hotel and also understand that other guests sleep in past the closing time of breakfast and also miss out. The time set meets 99% of our guest's needs but I am instructing the desk that if we have individuals between 6 am - 6:30 am who want to grab a bagel and juice to help them get into the Cafe which is locked until 6:30am.
Again thank you!