“very family friendly.”

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The free breakfast buffet was just the thing to get my hungry brood off to Disneyland. I drank endless cups of free tea while working on free wifi next to the pool while my kids played. The staff went above and beyond to help us and we even had a distant view of the fireworks from our room. There is cool lemon water in the lobby and a peaceful garden. The ART shuttle comes right to the front door and there was plenty of free parking. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fourth floor overlooking Bestbuy, and we could see the fireworks.
1  Thank cjhunton

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is my 3 rd stay at an Ayres hotel. This boutique hotel continues to deliver good quality & fabulous customer service.

Would like to see updated Dream Sleepers & waffle makers in all locations, though.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My niece and I stayed at the Ayres Inn for four nights.....when we first checked in....the staff was polite and informative. Our room had a king-size bed and a couch that was a sleeper. It was perfect for us! The room was clean...the television was a flat screen with a terrific picture....and the bed was COMFORTABLE. We were on the sixth floor...at the end. Our view was of the pool (east view) and I caught the sunrise every morning from our window...it was gorgeous! The room had a coffeemaker and refrigerator. The bathroom was spacious.
The staff was superb! Every time we came in the front door...we were greeted by whomever was behind the desk....and they asked us how our day was. I really felt like they cared about me! Whenever I had a questions...the front desk was prompt and knew the answer.
Usually when I travel...I try to stay at hotels/motels that are clean but inexpensive.....but knew when I booked the Ayres that it was more top of the line and a little bit more money...but it was worth it! I felt like I was staying at a 5 star hotel.
Even though the hotel was close to a major highway....we never heard the traffic....so do not let that be a deterrent.
The breakfast buffet was great. Always had hot scrambled eggs, rolls, hash browns, cereal, fresh cut fruit, juices, coffee, cinnamon coffee cake, bagels,and bread. The staff in the breakfast room always kept the tables clean and were very efficient when refilling the food.
We were able to buy tickets for the ART (shuttle bus) to get to Disneyland. The bus would arrive at 20 minutes after or at 10 minutes to the hour. Then, it was a 10 minute trip to Disney. We would pick up the shuttle at Disney on the hour or half hour...and then it was a 20 minute ride back to Ayres...as the shuttle first stopped at the Hilton Suites. It was a great way to get too and from the hotel.
We were so busy that we never used the pool or the hot tub. The pool and hot tub are located on the east side of the building....so it was sunny in the morning...and shaded in the late afternoon and evening.
We enjoyed the free parking and free Internet....but being that we were located on the top floor...and probably the furthest room from the Internet.....the connection was poor. I had my own mobile hotspot...which I used....but when I was down in the lobby or breakfast room...I used the hotel's Internet without any issue.
The hotel had a computer in the lobby with a printer...so I was able to check in for our flight home...as well as print our boarding passes.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again, if I was going to be in the Disneyland area.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side will get morning sun....great for watching the sunrise! Sixth floor was the top...
2  Thank sheilsm
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed at this nice comfortable hotel many times and always a treat! People that work there are nice and friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, Close and convenient to many amenities, priced reasonable, Breakfast is nice and I have NO Complaints ( I travel a LOT with Business and this is one of the Nicer ones that I always frequent when I am in the area )

Room Tip: I am happy -- don't have any complaints at all that come to mind. I would highly recommend this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheryln P
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at the Ayres Orange two inights this past week- at the beginning and end of college drop off week. I was greeted both times late at night with friendly smiles. Rooms were consistently clean and pleasant to stay in. Breakfast was ok- the rooms were very crowded and the line was very long. Could have been better organized and a more pleasant way to start the day. Other than that, all was good.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel feels clean and employees are nice when you speak with them. They don't wow you but are friendly. Free full breakfast is a plus especially with a family. Pool & hot tub are adequate but a bit small. Rooms felt clean and no previous dirt found. Accessing hotel is fine but street island make it tough when coming from opposite direction but "illegal" u-turn works until I found an alternate route.

Will always check with this hotel first before others.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was very happy staying at Ayres Inn Orange. I'm somewhat of a clean freak when it comes to hotels and this hotel goes above and beyond expectations. The hotel had great character and reminded me of hotels from Europe. The breakfast was pretty good. The pool was small with unattractive surroundings (highway and construction next to it), but it looks like Ayres is building a new hotel next door. If you are looking for great service, cleanliness, and personal touch-I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChoosingJoy05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
#5 of 118 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!