“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City, UT
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ayre's Inn Orange has become my preferred choice for frequent visits to the area, not only because of the reasonable rates, convenient location, and clean rooms, but for the staff's attentiveness and caring. On my recent stay, the driver arranged was considerably late, and the hotel compensated me for my troubles. I was grateful that they remedied an otherwise unpleasant situation. I'll continue to stay at this location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights & although the rooms were nice & the beds were comfortable, we got hardly any sleep because the walls were so paper thin we could hear our neighbor snoring & it even vibrated through the walls. It was miserable. great location, close to shops & Disneyland & the breakfast was nice, though. would contemplate staying at an Ayres again, but I'm not sure about this location. it looks as though they renovated an older hotel, maybe that's why the walls were thin? Love the decor though!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The price was great. We were really surprised about how good the hot breakfast was. So nice! The cleanliness was great. You could tell the hotel is wearing a bit, but it was still fone.
We did have a really noisy family next door. They had a late night and very early risers. You could hear every word they were saying about Disneyland. Kind of hard to sleep past 6AM when we ourselves got in late from traveling. Not sure if it was because we we're put in a joining room or not, but I would hope the insulation is better in a regular room?

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Wrightfam
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was a guest of Chapman University, a few minutes away by the free hotel shuttle, which was much appreciated. The 4th floor room had everything I needed: free wifi (fine for emails, too slow for streaming, a desk to work at, leather sofa and coffee table for relaxing, fkat screen TV, fridge, super-comfortable bed , good bathroom.

The air conditioning was a little noisy and woke me up once or twice.

Front desk staff very efficient and friendly too.

Breakfasts (included) were fine. Good scrambled egg and bacon.

The room you eat them in was not pretty: sticky dark brown wood tables, big plastic bowls into which the well-trained guests would stack their used crockery and cutlery - it all felt a bit like an old fashioned school canteen, an impression reinforced but eh presence of large school paties of well-behaved teenagers on two days of the week I stayed. But what the hell, you could help yourself to as much coffee and orange juice as you liked.

No bar, but a great-value liquor store five minutes walk away!

All in all: not the Four Seasons, but it does the job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank andrewdaviesxx
Ventura, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice service and old world touch but no on-demand movies, terrible concierge parking experience, old and uncomfortable beds/bedding, furniture and thin walls.

Disappointing one-night stay and would definitely not stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GPS3
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed there for a meeting at the Anaheim Convention Center. It was a little out of the way, but only 5 minutes by car. The hot breakfast was much more than the usual cold cereal at most locations. The free parking and free Internet were a definite plus. We are planning another visit to take our Grand kids to Disney land.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RiverRat1001
Curitiba - Parana - Brasil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights from April,17th till 20th. I did 2 requests when I booked the hotel that it was my at the highest level of the hotel and facing disneyland fireworks, but they put me on the ground level, facing the entrance of the pool....lol

I arrived at the hotel at 2pm but they said the hotel as full the night before and my room would just be really ready at 4pm. I went to take a walk at Orange Outlet Mall that is just in front of the hotel and when I came back my room was ready.

I had a car and I never had any problem on parking it. The never heard any noise from the street too.

The room is a little bit dark and they never replaced the amenities, so everytime I needed to go to the lobby and ask for shampoo and soap.

The breakfast is till 9am during week days and till 10am on weekends. The room is a little bit small for such so many people, but they have good choices, except for the yougurt that I never saw any there.

The hotel is perfect for who is visiting Disneyland and Knott Ferry Farms. From the hotel I found fast access to malls and supermarket and there is a Best Buy just in the corner. So cool!

I would stay at this hotel again for sure, but its not a fancy property.

Room Tip: Try to wake up early so u wont get stucked between so many people at the line to have breakfast.