The staff gets a 5, the hotel gets a 3, so average to a four star rating. Here's the good and the bad...
The staff here are outstanding, it feels like a four or five star hotel from that perspective.
The cookies on check-in were also a great treat after a long drive and long days at Disney.
The rooms are clean, but are pretty dated and show a lot of signs of age and wear. Wallpaper peeling away, stains on the carpet, chips in the paint, etc.
It's hard to complain about a free breakfast, but it's only so so here. It was identical all five mornings, except the meat switched between sausage and bacon every other day. Other options were scrambled eggs, potatoes, some kind of rubbery pancakes, a melony fruit bowl, three types of cereal (raisin bran, cheerios, and oatmeal/granola?), toast, and bagels. Definitely wasn't bad, nor was it great.
Location - it's next to a hospital so you get a lot of sirens in the middle of the night, and is also adjacent to the freeway and a major highway so there is also a fair amount of traffic noise.
The pool - This is a temporary bad, normally I'd rate it as so so. It's very clean, but a little small. Since it's next to the freeway/highway it's a noisy pool area. Temporarily though, it's REALLY noisy as there is construction adjacent to the pool (about 10 yards away) as you can see in the picture. We were literally yelling to communicate with each other in the pool area. Not so relaxing.
Overall we were content with our stay, but the bads kind of offset the goods and we'd probably stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ALO Hotel! Our boutique-inspired hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at ALO Hotel are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At ALO Hotel, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, HotelsforEveryone, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your ALO Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- ALO Hotel Orange, CA - Orange County