We have Disneyland annual passes and have always stayed at the ayres. They have had a free Disneyland shuttle provided by the hotel, which was awesome! A week before my last stay, they discontinued the shuttle. I tried to find a different hotel closer to the park without luck. The ART shuttle comes to the ayres but it's a good 30 mins till you get to Disneyland and about 30 mins from Disney back to the hotel. Far too long with whiny, tired children in tow. This was also the first time we flew instead of drove so I couldn't just drive ourselves to the park.
Another problem is the maid service. I've had this problem the last two stays. If you don't put the 'do not disturb' sign on your door, they will come in at 8am. It's pretty annoying to get woken up.
The walls are also very thin in this hotel. One morning I heard an alarm going off at 6 (it woke me up out of a dead sleep) and realize it was the next door neighbors. Also heard lots of coughing, doors slamming and talking around 1am. I can usually fall asleep anytime but I couldn't that night.
The free breakfast is great. But during times when it's extremely busy, the manager will stand behind you waiting for you to finish so she can clean your dishes and table for someone else. That was uncomfortable to say the least.
I won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the ALO Hotel! Our boutique-inspired hotel combines the comforts and conveniences of home with the warm hospitality you’ve come to expect from the Ayres name. All of the luxurious guest rooms at ALO Hotel are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, televisions, refrigerators, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, hairdryers, curved shower rods, and hookless shower curtains. Stay in and eat at the delicious Anepalco’s Cafe, our Mexican French Fusion restaurant located right in the hotel. Just moments away, enjoy sports events at Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. If you're in need of a wardrobe update or want to catch a movie, the Outlets of Orange are a mere 3 blocks away. Looking to visit Disneyland Resort? Anaheim Resort Transit provides affordable shuttle service to the resort right from the hotel! UCI Medical Center and Chapman University are our neighbors for those visiting their students. And you'll be glad to know that John Wayne Airport is just a short drive away. At ALO Hotel, your options are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your ALO Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Inn Orange / Disneyland Hotel Orange
- Ayres Hotel Orange
- Orange Ayres Hotel
- ALO Hotel Orange, CA - Orange County