“Great location!”

ALO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here for two nights (1-3 August 2011). We went to Disneyland for one day and shopped the next day at the Block at Orange which was an excellent shopping centre right across the road. There was also a great Mexican restaurant across from the mall. The pool was very refreshing and the spa was nice and hot. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It was a short drive to Costco which was handy and I really appreciated the free shuttle to Disneyland which saved the hassle of parking. Wi-fi was fast. Breakfast was okay, I mainly ate fruit, toast and cereal as the eggs were not very nice. Excellent value hotel and will definately stay there again. We were so impressed with the Ayres Orange location we also stayed at the Ayres Hawthorne not far from Manhattan Beach which was also excellent.

2  Thank MalibuBarbie80

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent two nights at the Ayres Inn Orange, not for Disneyland, but for two Angels baseball games. Excellent location for both, but especially nice for the games as it is quite close. The rooms are a good size, check in & out is easy and fast. The employees are very nice. There were warm chocolate chip cookies available in the late afternoon (very, very good!) and a free breakfast in the mornings (buffet style)-food okay. The room was very clean, the furnishings were nicer then I usually see in a hotel for this price. The headboards and desk were lovely to look at, as was the chair in the corner. Nice flat screen TV, plenty of pillows, sparkling bathroom, although the low flush toilet took a little getting used to. Bed was comfortable, but a little firmer than I like. That is just my personal taste, not a show stopper by any means. The light comforter style blanket was wonderful. We had a great view of the Disneyland fireworks at night, even though I didn't get Disneyland this time. (As if just being there in June wasn't enough, LOL!) Free computer w/ printer in the lobby. Handy fridge in the room. We wanted the highest floor available, no problem at all.
The only other thing I could have asked for is the Angels to win both days we were there. . . . but, we had a great trip, a wonderful time and we'll be back! This is a hidden gem in the Anaheim area (actually located in the city of Orange, bordering Anaheim). The price is very reasonable, the room is a pleasure to stay in. Bring the peanuts and Cracker Jack!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

we took a pleasure trip to the Inn and expected a restaurant (3737) to be able to eat at any time. We were sorely disappointed when they told they were not open on weekends. The kids at the desk said it was not owned by the hotel and "that was just the policy". They were not apologetic at all or suggestive of any other places to eat. They were just kids with no experience-obviously at how to handle customers. The room was OK, but the bathroom was exceptionally small not allowing but one person at a time in the area. We will not go back .

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowgirl509
csmith_9, General Manager at ALO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ayres Inn Orange. I am very sorry that that your were disappointed in the Cafe not being open for lunch or dinner on the weekends. It is correct that the Hotel leases out the Cafe to a third party who operates Monday-Friday; lunch, dinner and room service. It is the operators discretion whether they want to open on the weekends. In the past there has never been enough demand for an operator to be open on the weekends and have the Cafe be financially viable. I would like to apologize for my staff seeming to be uncaring or helpful in suggesting other dining options in our neighborhood. This is a concern I will be addressing with my desk staff immediately and I wholeheartedly agree they should have been more helpful.
As to the size of the bathrooms, they are small, the building having been built in the 1960's and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to expand them.

Christine Smith

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Spent 4 nights here, very enjoyable. Room was clean and spacious, beds comfortable. Hot breakfast was part of package, nothing spectacular, but adequate. Scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes. Got a little boring by the third day, but it was free. Free shuttle to Disneyland was nice, but has limited hours. Just need to plan. All in all the hotel was nice, the service was good, friendly staff. If we ever go back to Disney, will probably stay here again.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here for 6 days. We were completely blown away with the value this hotel brings. Every morning we would get up and eat at the complementary breakfast buffet. We would then be able to skip lunch and eat at Wendy's which is next door.

Pros..

+ Price. We didn’t break the bank staying here. I have paid literally 6 times more for 10 times less.
We normally do Priceline for hotels but if we come back to LA I will forgo Priceline name your price just
to be sure we stay here again.

+ The breakfast buffet. This saved us $15.00 a day. So you figure $15 x 6 = $90.00
The Buffet has eggs,sausage/bacon,pancakes,potatoes and your normal continental stuff.
milk,juices,coffee.

+ Free Parking

+ Free shuttle to and from Disney.
You schedule when you want to go and when you want to come back. If your family cant last
until your pick up time you can just call and reschedule. I don’t think they don’t offer multiple trips on the same
day but hey it’s a free shuttle and it might take some planning.

+ Free internet. This is one of my pet peeves with other hotels. I have been charged as high as $14.95
a day for internet. Not here though.

+ Laundry room where you can do your own laundry. They have an laundry service but I am not
a fan of these. I know I can do it cheaper.

+ Room service was outstanding as well.

+ There is so much near the Ayres inn. There is a beach 20 min away.

There are 0 negatives I can say about the Ayres Inn. I am super picky about hotels
I would completely stay here again. In a heart beat. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in
this is the first hotel I would go out of my way for, It has everything I look for in a hotel.
I now feel like I will always use this place a comparison. Which will be very unfair to all
the hotels out there because this place has it right.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RebelKnight
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. The descriptions were on target. This was a birthday trip for my grandson to Disneyland. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. The room was spacious and clean; the staff friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast as good as one could reasonably expect for the price. The hotel provides complementary shuttle service to Disneyland. This was always on time, and one of the managers even made a special trip just for us, as our return time was earlier than their regularly scheduled service.
The only negative, which has nothing to do with the hotel, emanates from the Disneyland "Express" service from the Orange County airport. The bus circuit covers several hotels, and Ayres is the last stop. It took 45 minutes from the airport to the hotel and 80 minutes return.

1  Thank charleyeaster
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Room and breakfast were adequate/average for what you expect at this price level. I gave the hotel a lower rating for a couple of reasons: (1) The night clerk, Luis, was smug and arrogant. It seemed that the rest of the staff was just. . .curt. We left after a couple of nights for friendlier place. Also, (2) their shuttle to Disney only runs in the morning and evening. From around noon until I believe 5pm, you are on your own. I thought that a bit odd.

3  Thank JC K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
#1 of 15 in Orange
#5 of 119 in Anaheim
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
#4 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to ALO Hotel? Share your experiences!