“Try the new Goat Entree, it will bring you back for more.”
Review of Haven Gastropub

Haven Gastropub
Reserve with OpenTable
Haven Gastropub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 479 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: www.havengastropub.com
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Always a wild card play on the unique specials at Haven. We decided to try the Goat Entree and it was a winner! We told Scotty they need to keep it on their menu. We'll definitely be back for more! Also, their lemon drop martini is one of the best in the area.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I met a good friend here for drinks on a Saturday. We got there just in time because as soon as we ordered, the place filled up and the wait time became outrageous. Early evening is the best! We had planned on experiencing the beer flights without ordering food. Let me say that the flights were very, very good. However, they weren't cheap! We ended up ordering the pretzel and dip. It came with two kinds of dip. One of them was not to my liking but the other one had bacon in it and I was sold. For three people ordering ONE appetizer to share, three flights, and one glass of beer each, it was enough had we ordered a full meal and drinks somewhere else. I love the atmosphere. I love the idea behind it - mixing flavors you never thought would go together. We got to try new beer! I would go again but I definitely wouldn't bring our kids and I would financially plan better. I also love this (from their website) Don't be afraid to ask for changes or modifications, but don't be surprised if we say "no" and it is because of this that I wouldn't bring my kids here. They are selective in their eating habits and have some allergies to some foods. That all being said, I would still go back for a date night or to hang out with friends for some great beer.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Haven Gastropub has excellent food and excellent wine. The menu choices are few, but the tastiness of the food makes up for this. The lamb burgers are flavorful, yet the brioche buns are light and fluffy. The chicken is excellent, also flavorful. We also sampled the charcuterie as an hors d'oeuvre, with homemade sausage and pate --- excellent!!! THEN --- the desserts --- the homemade donuts are warm, airy, and light, served with warmed caramel and Nutella. The cookies and milk are also a special treat; light, but extremely flavorful! The orangey Madeleines were INCREDIBLE!!! In addition to the excellent food, the restaurant is located in the area of the Orange Circle --- a great place to visit! Reservations for 7 or more in your party.

1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had friends in town and decided to spend the afternoon doing some beer tasting. This was our second stop and a bad experience. Im sure all the good things we've heard about this place may be true but the bartender (Joe) was a total downer. He definitely should be in another profession if he doesn't want to talk to his customers and make them feel like he is doing them a favor by waiting on them. $100.00 NOT well-spent.
We were going to eat here and decided to leave because of him.

1  Thank TJ S
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been here 3 times, and have been a little disappointed each time. To me, the food is a bit pricey for pub food. I had the short rib tacos yesterday and did like them. the meat was tender and the verde sauce nicely spiced. Others in the party had burgers which were tasty. My daughter in law had the baked spaghetti squash which she enjoyed. The menu is quite varied; a bit out of the ordinary for sure. I don't think there is much here for small children. They have an extensive beer offering, again, some were a bit expensive. One person in our party oredered a wine spritzer and was given a glass of wine instead. The Bloody Mary's are made from a mix and on the spicey side. service was good but on the slow side. When the burgers came out, they had been ordered to different degrees of doneness and were not delivered correctly. In fact, at one point, the server tried to give us another table's food. None of these is grievous errors, but took a little away from the experience. The location of this restaurant is great in Old Town Orange. Lots of fun shops in the area. To sum it up, Haven Gastropub is a fun spot and I would go again, but it's not my first choice.