“Great food!”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chapman
Description: Step through the doors of Manhattan and turn the clock back half a century to the days of exclusive supper clubs and the Rat Pack; a warm and upscale setting where drinks are strong and food is natural. Executive Chef Marco Garcia has a passion for cooking with fresh seasonal ingredients which is clear from our ever-changing menu. Try our Wild Game platter or our 28oz Bone In Rib Eye. Our Seafood is so fresh,if it was any fresher you would have to catch it yourself. Salmon Oscar, Local Sea Bass, Scallops, Lobster, Swordfish and Tiger Shrimp We are family owned and operated. Sunday Champagne Brunch has everything you could possibly think of eating for breakfast, and then some. Come see what our Pastry Chef Amanda has baked up for this Sunday's Dessert Table. Visit the Upper East Side and Enjoy King Crab Legs, Sushi, Oysters, Shrimp, Roast Duck, Prime Rib along with an omelet station and a crepe station. Three kinds of Eggs Benedict and all the normal breakfast foods you love to enjoy. Bottomless Champagne.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was delish, however I do have one minor complaint. When the waiter arrived to take our order we placed our main dish order and he said would you like soup or salad with that order and we ordered our choice, little did we know, neither the salad nor the soup was included wtih the entre so we had to pay extra for that. I was disappointed that we were kind of deceived. I would suggest management discuss with the waiters to rephrase that question.

There are newer reviews for Manhattan Steak & Seafood

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant does it all very well. I've had their beef, ostrich, elk rack and many of their fish entrees. For a steakhouse, they are very versatile! They are currently undergoing some changes. They have a new Chef and have changed some of their menu items. It looks like they've simplified it some and added more appetizers and salads. I was very impressed that both our waitress and the restaurant management were very concerned that our food came out as well prepared and tasty as it had been in the past.

Of the four of us, three of the meals were excellent. Unfortunately, I was the odd person out. The salad I order didn't resemble what was described in the menu and when I pointed this out to the waitress, she profusely apologized and told me they would take it off the bill. When my entree came it (I ordered the butternut squash ravioli), it was overcooked to the point of being crispy. The manager came by and totally agreed with my assessment. The dish was tasty so I had already eaten a fair bit of it. He asked if I wanted something else and I told him that I loved the flavors and had eaten plenty. Despite that, he also took my main dish off the bill. I told him this was unnecessary since I had eaten most of it but it was still something he wanted to do. I felt like everyone I dealt with at the restaurant was very committed to quality dinners and while they were working out the kinks of the changes, they wanted the customer feedback to continue to deliver high quality food. I was very impressed with the way everything was handled and I will definitely go back the next time I am in town.

Remember to save room for dessert. It is truly memorable. My two favorite desserts are the chocolate chip bread pudding and the chocolate souffle.

Manhattan is great for business dinners, groups of couples, date nights and families with older children. It is not really a good place for families with young children.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here because of being in the area and was so totally surprised by the Kobe Hamburger we ordered, when it came we both decided that it was the best looking burger we have ever had, even compared to the "real Manhattan" ones we have had.

Since we are always looking for the "perfect" burger we decided this one is IT!

It tasted even better than it looked, there were mushrooms, cheese, crispy onions and lots of great bacon, tomato slice and a beautiful lettuce leaf. It was HUGE!!! For the price it couldn't be beat. Place was very "New York"
service was good and our waitress so friendly. Ambiance was just what we loved.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Was on a dinner date and was seated at the basement wine cellar area. Very cozy, romantic ambience. Gina was our server. She explained the menu thoroughly and interacted with us very well. She checked on us regularly and we were delighted with her service.

Lobster bisque was a little too rich; French onion soup was better. Bf had ribeye ($26) and I ordered short rib ($28). We weren't blown away with the taste but thought the size of the meats were generous. Presentation and plating were excellent. I also ordered a mango martini ($14) and the glass was as big as my head! The chocolate soufflé took about 20 mins and it had a strong taste of liquor (not a bad thing I suppose).

We enjoyed our dinner and there's a strong possibility that we'll return. Thank Gina for your fun service!

2  Thank OC_M_Lu
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had lunch there on Thursday with my Mom. The food was great! The server,Carol at the bar, told us about Sunday Brunch. Great find. 29.95 with Champagne. Crab legs, Duck, prime rib and everything extra special. The bartender's service went above and beyond. Thanks Carol! Beautiful place, better than Orange Hill.

3  Thank VACATIONEROrange_ca