“Nice date place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Manhattan Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

Manhattan Steak & Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chapman
Description: Step through the doors of Manhattan and turn the clock back half a century to the days of exclusive supper clubs and the Rat Pack; a warm and upscale setting where drinks are strong and food is natural. Executive Chef Marco Garcia has a passion for cooking with fresh seasonal ingredients which is clear from our ever-changing menu. Try our Wild Game platter or our 28oz Bone In Rib Eye. Our Seafood is so fresh,if it was any fresher you would have to catch it yourself. Salmon Oscar, Local Sea Bass, Scallops, Lobster, Swordfish and Tiger Shrimp We are family owned and operated. Sunday Champagne Brunch has everything you could possibly think of eating for breakfast, and then some. Come see what our Pastry Chef Amanda has baked up for this Sunday's Dessert Table. Visit the Upper East Side and Enjoy King Crab Legs, Sushi, Oysters, Shrimp, Roast Duck, Prime Rib along with an omelet station and a crepe station. Three kinds of Eggs Benedict and all the normal breakfast foods you love to enjoy. Bottomless Champagne.
Orange County, CA
“Nice date place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Was on a dinner date and was seated at the basement wine cellar area. Very cozy, romantic ambience. Gina was our server. She explained the menu thoroughly and interacted with us very well. She checked on us regularly and we were delighted with her service.

Lobster bisque was a little too rich; French onion soup was better. Bf had ribeye ($26) and I ordered short rib ($28). We weren't blown away with the taste but thought the size of the meats were generous. Presentation and plating were excellent. I also ordered a mango martini ($14) and the glass was as big as my head! The chocolate soufflé took about 20 mins and it had a strong taste of liquor (not a bad thing I suppose).

We enjoyed our dinner and there's a strong possibility that we'll return. Thank Gina for your fun service!

2 Thank OC_M_Lu

ORANGE,CA
“Brunch was excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had lunch there on Thursday with my Mom. The food was great! The server,Carol at the bar, told us about Sunday Brunch. Great find. 29.95 with Champagne. Crab legs, Duck, prime rib and everything extra special. The bartender's service went above and beyond. Thanks Carol! Beautiful place, better than Orange Hill.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank VACATIONEROrange_ca
Long Beach, California
“Do Not Waste Your Time!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

This dining experience was by far one of the worst ever! Our party waited over an hour for our 1st course, then another hour for our main course. Our inquiries as to the wait resulted in lame excuses from servers and management. My filet was overcooked - and was sent back. 1/2 hour later the second attempt was basically raw and sent back. By this time, my companions had finished their meal - and I was done with the whole experience!!! Would have liked to evaluate the food - but basically I didn't have one during this 3+ hour dining experience. Three other tables among the five in our dining room had similar experiences. If I could give this place a minus score - I would not hesitate!
Avoid this place -- don't waste your time or your money!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Susan S
dana point
“BEST STEAKHOUSE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I feel a hunger, it's a hunger......take me home to tonight!!!! I just found my go to spot in Southern California. Date, and I did. I'll compare this place to the nearby RUTH CHRIS steakhouse or MORTON'S to start. I'll beg to differ with anyone who tell's me that RUTH OR MORTON'S are the best and nothing else could compare. DELICIOUS!! Cooked to perfection with an amazing sauce. I ordered the fillet mignon. When it arrived, it was beautifully presented and the thickest I have seen. At least 3 inches thick I would say and cooked to a perfect medium.
In summary, I can't say I've been to a warmer, more approachable steakhouse. Truly a differentiator in the area.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank ferrantellis
Izmir
“The worst management and service I have ever seen!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We came from Turkey to Anaheim for a trade show with our colleagues from Holland and Canada.The restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We have been there around 9pm and immediately ordered our drinks. It took 1 hour to get the drinks after several reminders.
Then we waited more 1 hour for appertizers, again 1 hour for the main coarse. But the theater started after food. We told them to call a taxi. Then 20 minutes later, the waiter came and said that taxi has left, because he waited more than 10 minutes. In the meantime, nobody told us that taxi was there. After paying the bill (over 900 usd for 7 person), we ordered last drinks and the waiter told us that he will arrange their own shuttle and also will not charge the last drinks. But later, the manager came and said one of our friends who was the only lady in the group that we have to pay the last drinks. We told him that the waiter confirmed that because of later service, the last drinks will be on restaurants account. But when the manager came, the waiter said that he did not say that he confirmed. Then the manager called the police and claimed about us. Later one of colleagues paid the invoice. We are not such people who make a few dollars problem after paying an expensive bill. But he kept on arguing with our friend. At the same time, the rest of the group was sitting in the shuttle and waiting for the driver. But the manager told the driver "get out from the car" and all waiters entered the rest and locked the door.
Something like this would NOT happen even in Kongo.

• Visited March 2012