“Adequate For Short Stays”
Review of Orange Tustin Inn

Orange Tustin Inn
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a "bare bones" inn that is perfect if you need something in the area. Our stay was for one night for a graduation that was taking place near by. The rooms are just that....a room......a place to hang your hat and get some sleep. They have microwaves in room, coffee and a fridge but no "grounds" to speak of. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean although fairly noisy due to passing traffic.. So, this is perfect for short stays or if you are going to be out and about most of the time and just need a place to sleep and shower and enjoy the savings over more expensive lodging. I might add; notice that if you book on line the booking page is not https:// meaning it is not a secure site. We opted to call and make reservations with our credit card. At least you know to whom you are giving the information. There are little amenities such as a pool or restaurant although lots of good dining is nearby, and....it is freeway close.

Room Tip: Not sure of the total layout of the rooms because due to a knee injury, all I was interested in was...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew P
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Orange Tustin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent 1 night, I picked this hotel based on our TripAdvisor reviews. At checkin there was a small discrepancy in our reservation, not a big deal but since it cost me an extra $15 it was a bit irritating. Despite that though, I would stay here again but come prepared for a few inconveniences. The property owners are definitely working to establish a nice hotel with repeat business and I think they’re on the right track.

Good:
• The room was very clean (kudos to housekeeping who we saw working hard into early evening hours).
• Pretty landscaping in garden area and we saw others working hard actually scrubbing sidewalk areas. You can tell they take pride in the property,
• The inroom fridge is surprisingly big and works great. Microwave small but works.
• Room A/C was better than most I've experienced.
• Bathroom was standard but has a large tub which I loved after driving all day.
• Room was fairly large, flat screen on the wall centered between the beds.
• Pillows on bed were amazing, sheets appeared clean.
• Price of the room is considerably cheaper than other area hotels.

Bad:
• Street noise is constant, and I think we were probably in the better location of the hotel so I imagine it’s even worse in other rooms than we experienced. It's due to being situated literally at a freeway onramp. Ear plugs would have been a welcome help.
• Beds were very hard which made sleeping difficult.
• We both woke up with a couple mystery bug bites though we didn't see any bugs.
• Remote on TV was painful, seems like we clicked 10 times to get anything to happen and reception on stations was hit or miss (lot of static). Finally gave up.
• No channel guide in the room and guide on TV was useless.
• Nothing in room or provided at check in to tell you how to access WiFi.
• Phone in our room seemed to work except you could not make any local calls, everything would end with a “you must dial 1 and the area code…” message which defeats the purpose of free local calls.
• Nothing in room as to local restaurants so I went to the front desk asking who delivers to here. They were able to find 2 asian restaurants but couldn’t tell me if either was good. A list with a few options would have been very helpful.
• Parking lot is small and cramped, you can’t go out one drive because your view of the street is blocked by utitilty covers.

Room Tip: property is L shaped, try to be where the sides adjoin to get less street noise -- can park in front...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MrsNacho

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our staff. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly if there is anything we can do to ensure your continued business.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here with my family after a day at Disneyland. I didn't choose to stay here-my father in law booked it for us as a gift to the kids so I was a bit nervous...I'm a control freak. But I was pleased with the hotel. Its close enough to Disneyland that its quick and easy to get to, yet far enough away that its not a super busy location. Theres fast food right down the street which was nice. My only complaint was the best wasn't that comfy. Other than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 03nismochick

Reviewed June 22, 2012

The room was clean with a good hot shower. The staff was nice and very helpful. The location is close to Angels Stadium and Disneyland. I will stay there again. Thanks Tustin Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rcrmon

What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We were delivering our daughter to College, this worked out perfectly just a few blocks from the campus. This is a motel style hotel, the rooms were really clean, flat screen tv good lighting, and good hot shower! What more could you want? Excellent value and close to everything. The owner was very very helpful and introduced us to the best indian restaurant we have ever been to Tandoor Cuisine of India.

Room Tip: first floor you can park outside your room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank frederika

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Best Western Orange Plaza
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites-Orange
Key Inn
Key Inn
#4 of 7 in Tustin

Been to Orange Tustin Inn? Share your experiences!