“Lobster”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 474 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife's from New England and we occasionally splurge on a couple of Maine lobster dinners. Usually after we come into some "found" money, like a focus group or something. We almost always go to King's because you get a whole lobster and, after all, the fun is in getting messy and looking silly wearing that bib. Pretty hard to mess up steaming a lobster and the sides, things like fries and cole slaw. Price is reasonable and for a few dollars more you can get a larger lobster or a New England boiled dinner.
The wait to be seated wasn't too bad on a weekend evening but there aren't enough seats at the bar. Service was friendly, prompt, attentive. Noise level was moderate, décor was OK.

There are newer reviews for King's Fish House

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The food was pretty good. The cioppino was really the only thing i liked. I had the sword fish and salmon.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been here multiple times and while it is usually good (not very good and never excellent) this visit we were not very happy, so that is why I'm rating it poor. Husband got the shrimp on the grill and they were not very flavorful and just seemed kinda blah and quite small for what you're paying. I got the salmon and it was over cooked. I asked for my grilled veggies to be well done but that shouldn't have included my fish? I don't think wanting your seafood to be cooked properly at a seafood restaurant is asking too much, after all isn't that the specialty? You know when you're spending $80 on a dinner it is quite a disappointment for it not to be very good. You need to step it up Kings! Next time will probably pick another seafood restaurant and doubt we'll be going back to King's again.

1  Thank my_red_dress
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I go to Kings in Orange at least once every 3 weeks. The salads are amazing and so is the sword. Just ask for 'little oil or butter' because they do tend to pour on the butter and oil.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Were lucky that wild salmon was on the menu, grilled to perfection and very tasty. Staff very helpful and friendly and servings were plentiful.