“Very pleasantly surprised”
Review of King's Fish House

King's Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 469 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Anaheim
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had been there once years ago and was not impressed and had never been back. A co-worker had convinced me to go (have to admit I wasn't really looking forward to it), but she took me into the back (bar area) and wanted to sit there instead of the restaurant. The bar is very cool. Reminds me of a very quaint eastern seaboard type place....lots of charm. I had the mexican coconut shrimp with garlic mash and coleslaw. I couldn't finish my plate. I think I ate 4 or 5 very large and tasty shrimp, my garlic mash which was great and some pretty good cole slaw. The rest we took home. I had the bread pudding for dessert. It was ok...it was over-heated (by the microwave I am assuming) and was slightly mushy. Otherwise, had it been heated properly it was very tasty.

The service was good, the place has a very nice ambiance and the food was really good. A bit pricey I have to say. But nice for an occasional treat. I will most definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Meh.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Service was very slow considering it wasn't crowded & we came early to eat dinner. Food was over-priced for being little more than on par with a Chili's or Coco's coffee shop.

Visited March 2012
Laguna Beach, California
“Love the shrimp louie”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Whenever Im up that way I like to stop in for the louie salad with shrimp. The fish tacos are also tasty.

Visited July 2012
Newport Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try something else besides the catfish.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The breading of the catfish was soft and not crispy. Very little taste. The vegetables were soft and cold. The appetizers (that's what I call them) were very tasty and cooked very well. This was my first time there. I will try it again and order something else because it's in a good shopping location.

Visited October 2012
Placentia, California, United States
“Fresh and good”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great place for a business dinner or to have appetizers. Great Southern / Cajun feel and flavor. Highly reccomend this place.