“Comfortable, clean, and you can groove to the bass 'til midnight!!”

Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
GreenLeadersGold level
Henderson, NV
“Comfortable, clean, and you can groove to the bass 'til midnight!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2007

We have mixed feelings about this Ayres Inn, which is about the fifth of their properties we've used.
Positives: Clean room, soft bed, dividing wall between sitting area and bed. Not far from restaurants, shopping, or the airport. Nice pool and landscaping. Enormous elephant statues near the front door are pleasing, if that's your thing. There is a wild chicken roaming free in the parking lot, which is always a plus. The complimentary breakfast dining area is larger than you find in most of the Ayres, so it seems less....sticky.

Negatives: We stayed Friday-Monday. On both Friday and Saturday nights, there were wedding receptions that lasted until midnight. Half of the hotel positively THROBBED from the bass. It was very, very loud. If you are sensitive to this sort of noise, it would be best to request a room that is on the left side of the hotel as you are walking in the front door, and if you are sensitive to train noise, you'd probably better stay elsewhere. We also had a little trouble getting linens for the pull out and extra towels for our room and the pool, as housekeeping seems to disregard those requests. (Had to go downstairs for bed linens, waited at front desk for fifteen minutes for pool towels, and had called for extra room towels in the evening and had to call again in the morning to get them...however, Mohamed at the front desk was most apologetic about the last instance mentioned, and sent the towels up promptly. He then called me back a few minutes later to make sure I'd received them.)

Would we stay here on a weekend again? Probably not, unless we could be absolutely sure we wouldn't be anywhere near the meeting rooms and the parties that go along with them.

• Liked — Comfortable mattress
  • Disliked — Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump....
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank majoad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2007

I have now stayed at all the Ayres Properties in Ontario. There are three of them. This property is by itself next to the convention center, the other two are side by side at the Mills Mall.
This property is as nice as the Suites by the mall, nicer than the Inn, also by the mall.
The furnishings are comfortable, the bed is excellent, a big point with me and all the staff that I came into contact with were very friendly.
The free breakfat is excellent, real eggs (not the frozen reheated kind), bacon, potatoes.
I am not a light sleeper and was awakened by the train two or three times during the night. There is a road crossing down the street so they blow the horn several times before crossing, otherwise I wouldnt have heard it.
Also, the hotel internet was amazingly slow. I commented to the mgr who promptly had someone look into it but it never did speed up. I finally gave up and drove to Panera Bread for coffee and free WiFi. This property does not charge for internet so I was happy, that is my pet peeve.
All in all this was a good stay, although next time I will stay at one near the mall so I can sleep through the night.

• Liked — Ayres are mostly all good properties, well managed, clean and friendly
  • Disliked — The train whistle
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Mililani, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

I agree with the person who said be careful how you book. If you want a discount through AAA, military, state, or federal government, it is best to call instead of booking online. I was able to get a better deal this way. Although if you work for the state your discount is better than a federal government discount.The hotel is in a great location and close to the airport. There are two hotels, one near the mall and one closer to the airport. There is plenty of parking.
The lobby was really nice. The bathrooms were large and very clean. We had dinner in the resaturant downstairs (Courtyard Grill) and it was fantastic. Out of everyone in our party of nine, we are very picky and were all very pleased.The breakfast was absolutely fantastic. The fitness area was okay. The equipment was not in the best shape at all but water and TV were provided. Each floor has a laundry room as well. The sodas in the machines on each floor are $2 each and I thought that was rediculous. The outdoor pool, hot tub, and courtyard was very comfortable and a nice environment. We loved the rooms and especially loved the layout. Our room had two double beds with a privacy wall. We were on the 2nd floor and our room was not as large as my sister's room on the first floor. Some rooms have access to the courtyard. We did, however, have a hair dryer, large comfortable bath tub, plenty of extra closet space with an iron and ironing board, a full length mirror, good lighting, a nice talbe and chairs, fridge microwave, and coffee pot. There were two phones and much more to make your stay comfortable. The bedding and pillows were very comfortalbe and each floor seemed very clean. My only problem was on my second night. This night I locked my deadbolt and it was stuck. I could not get in my room and was stuck inside of it for nearly two hours with my children. The front desk thought I was joking when I called down to tell them I could not get out of my room because of the deadbolt. His inital reply was "that is what is supposed to happen." I told him I understand it is to keep people OUT but I should not be locked IN. When they called back they told me someone would be up in 15 minutes to get me and my two children out of the room. He could not however get me out. Even the master key would not work. He tried many attempts and so did I. We tried EVERYTHING! At that point he decide he needed to call his boss who would be there in 30 minutes to help get me out. My children were beginning to get a bit scared. I was just glad we found out at that point instead of in the event of a fire or earthquake. I was also concerned that once they fixed it I would have to remain in the same room and be afraid to lock the door back. I don't feel it would be safe or reasonable to expect a guest to stay in a room and not lock the deadbolt but also not safe to be stuck in there in case of an emergency. 25 minutes later the boss had still not shown up. I called to make sure they would at least give me another room and comp me for the night if/when I did get out. They assured me they would and were apologetic. Actually the Maintenance man was the one who was the most helpful. In the end he had to go into the room next to me, climb out the window of that room and balance himself and go through the balcancies outside the windows and crawl into my window to get us out. Being on the 2nd floor, this made me nevous. He was successful at his attempt and was able to get us out. We then had to pack up and move to another room and this was about 9:30pm. Our room on the first floor was much nicer though we were not there long enought to enjoy it. It was much larger, had a sofa, and a jacuzzi. The next morning my sister spoke with the general manager who was very apologetic and said he had never heard of this happening but something was broken and it would be fixed. He also said my night would be complimentary. However when I went to check out the lady at the front desk had no idea about any of this. We were able to work it out because the general manager was still in the building and able to fix the situation. I only paid for one night out of two due to the problems we encountered.

• Liked — The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was great! Reasonable price.
  • Disliked — I would say the fitness equipment and my experience about being locked inside my room.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank nicmo9702
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2007

My stay at this hotel was just average.

The positives:
the hotel is right next to the Ontario Convention (just a short walk), the rooms are spacious and clean, comfortable beds, mini kitchen, and reasonably priced.

The negatives:
the staff is not particularly friendly or helpful(including the reservations phone line) and it doesn't seem like the guests needs are a priority for them, the heater (which is a unit, not central air) didn't work, and if you're a light sleeper like me, be prepared to hear the train go by very often at night (it's not loud but i could hear it. However, i think most people wouldn't hear it in their sleep. i'm just a sensitive sleeper).

• Liked — Location, spacious rooms, clean
  • Disliked — Staff not very helpful or friendly
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank cali2maui
Provo, ut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2006

This is the sister hotel to the Country Suites by Ayers which is next door but I think this hotel is a bit nicer. It has elevators, and restaurant that country doesn't have. The lobby of the Country looked a bit more worn. I stayed part of the week at the Marriott across the street and this hotel is quieter (not so close to the railroad track.)
The hotel is similar class to the Marriott.
I had the Marsla Chicken for dinner in their restaurant and it was especially good.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank pinsey
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2006

I stayed at the Ayres Hotel and Suites near the Ontario Convention Center on a Friday night with my wife and 1 year old son.

The Hotel was clean, nice and fairly quiet. The facilities are well maintained. The person at the desk was pleasant and helpful. The hotel is near the convention center, easy to get to from the airport and freeways.

The junior king suite was comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator. We did hear one train (not very loud) in the middle of the night but no airport noise.

Breakfast was great! Hot cooked eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. They offer a full breakfast (not just continental style.)

Call the hotel directly or go to the hotel website if you decide to stay there. I booked on Expedia and they imposed an extra charge for my wife and 1 year old child. At the hotel, the desk clerk that the hotel does not charge extra for small children. The Expedia representative later told me by phone that they could not refund the charge, even though they had misrepresented it as a hotel imposed fee. I would have saved $15.00 if I had booked directly!

14 Thank Daniel_YM
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2005

Don't get confused with the hotels; there are 2 of them. A Countryside Suites with restaurant and the sister hotel(which we stayed at) right next door.(you can use the services at the restaurant, pool etc.)Great location with easy access to interstate. Hot bkfst included in the price was a great way to start your day. The mattresses were great. The heavy blanket was stained/ dirty (but I don't sleep with the top blankets anyways; none of the hotels wash those everytime you know.) Don't expect much from the pool or hot tub. We stayed for 5 days and would stay again. Better than staying at my Aunts house for the price.

• Stayed August 2005