“A birthday to remember!”

Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson, Arizona
“A birthday to remember!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My sister, mom and I stayed at the Ayres Ontario Airport/ Convention Center location when we all met up in Ontario to celebrate my birthday. My sister and I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley and the trip was part reunion and part nostalgia (including a birthday dinner at the iconic Vince's Spaghetti House).

From check-in to our pre-arranged late departure, the hotel staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Our rooms were spotless and well appointed and very quiet (even with the nearby trains).

This hotel is a little gem - and Ayres' management is to be commended for setting and maintaining such high standards for service. I am a frequent traveler, and have been a guest at many five star hotels and resorts - Ayres topped them for service and friendliness.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor away from the front if you want maximum privacy and quiet. The windows are d...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear EchoParkGal -

We hope you had an extraordinary birthday celebration. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day. I am thrilled to hear that the service and cleanliness made your stay comfortable and the atmosphere celebratory. I work with a wonderful team of people who truly care about what they do, so I will be sure to share your comments with them so they know how much they are appreciated. We hope to be a part of your future celebrations. Thank you again.

Amy Delgadillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Upland, California, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2012

in 2008 we had our reception in the courtyard at the ontario aryes hotel.its was so beautiful and unforgetable. they catered our food and hey were so nice and at your side for any service you may need. on march 16-17 2012 my husband book us a room to celebrate our 4th wedding annv. it was wonderful.the rooms are so cozy and i love the huge jet tubs =) thank you aryes for making our special time romantic.. mr & mrs banuelos

Room Tip: you will love it!! the only thing i will say is the beds are not so comfy but you will staying here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear Melissa -

Congratulations on this wonderful milestone! Thank you for making us a part of your wedding celebration and for returning to the hotel to celebrate four years of wedded bliss. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing we have provided our guests with the best possible hotel experience, so I am pleased that we were able to provide you with exceptional accommodations for this occasion. Maybe we will have the chance to welcome you on your fifth anniversary as well, or maybe much sooner. Thank you for your review.

Safe travels,

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We scheduled a 3-day training seminar at the Ayers Hotel in Ontario, CA. Everything was perfect. We had 70 guests who all stayed there too. Nobody had any complaints. Food was awesome. Free breakfast was cooked to order! Free drinks at nightly happy hour. Fine art in the hallways and rooms! I just can't say enough. Luxury at a "normal" price. The furniture in the rooms was top notch, fine dark wood. Comfortable couch, nice work space. Excellent wired and wireless internet. Flat screen TV, microwave, frig. I would stay there again and would use them again for another event.

Room Tip: It is next to the airport so you will hear plane and train sounds so ask for the rooms that overlook...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear Mark -

As with the previous reviewer, we were honored to have the opportunity to host your event. We strive to make any conferences, meetings, weddings, etc. as convenient and well-managed for our guests as possible, so I am pleased that we were able to provide you with everything necessary to make the conference a success. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Glendale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We held a 3-day conference at the hotel for around 80 people, and they did a great job. Excellent facilities, service and food, and reasonably priced. The rooms were also very nice.

Room Tip: There are trains that go by all night. Try to get a room as far away from the train tracks as possi...
Dear Marty -

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your function and accommodations and am pleased that everything from the service to the facilities made your conference comfortable and convenient. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to host another event for you in the near future or even just a short, relaxing getaway. Thank you again for taking the time to review Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center.

Warm regards,

Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were greeted by smiling and helpful desk clerks. They also had yummy cookies and lemonade in the lobby.

The decor is beautiful. Our 6 year old granddaughter came with her Mom to drop us off...and as she looked around the room she said "This is the life".

Unfortunately, because of our schedule we were unable to take full advantage of the facility. We had to leave at 6 am to catch our flight. So we were unable to have a full breakfast. However, they did have a very nice continental.
They were very punctual...wake-up call right on time as well as the shuttle to the airport. Cleanliness was excellent. I definitely would return should the opportunity permit.
However, I should mention that on occasion you may hear the train whistle. I had forgotten about that when I made the reservation. It did not bother me. But if you are a light sleeper...you may find it annoying.
So as suggested by previous reviewers..you might want to consider this when reserving a room.

Room Tip: Keep the train in mind..
2 Thank 33833Marie
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear 33833Marie -

Thank you for choosing Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center for your stay and for taking the time to let others know about your positive experience on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to know that you found your welcome a warm one and that the decor, accommodations, and amenities, such as the complimentary full American breakfast, made for a comfortable visit. I appreciate your room tip as well. Please know we are always mindful of the nearby Amtrak and the quality of our guests' sleep so are happy to change rooms to a room further from any perceived sound should the guest so choose. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Room looked and smelled like it was new! Always have enjoyed their breakfast, could not ask for better service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Danw300 -

It has been a pleasure welcoming you as a guest of our hotel. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance at our hotel as we feel this leads to a more comfortable guest experience, so I am pleased that our very high standards have been consistently met for you. I also appreciate your comments regarding the complimentary breakfast and service and will be sure to pass along these compliments to our team. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about Ayres Hotel & Suites Ontario Convention Center. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2012

From the minute I pulled up to the hotel I just knew it was different. Here I was at a pretty reasonably priced hotel being greeted by two very large asian-type statutes! Definitely different. The unique pieces of art are evident in the lobby as well. The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating. I requested a room on the ground floor, but did not like the location. I spoke to the front desk, and they were able to quickly move my room. The room was very large. There is a small dressing area across from the closet, with a separate toilet and shower. The bathroom was spotless! The toilet and shower room was quite large and easily could have fit two people, unlike some other toilet shower areas. The water pressure was very strong which is always a plus. The sitting area was quite large with a sofa, coffee table, long counter with a sink, micro and refrig. There was also a smaller table and two chairs. The king bed was comfortable. My daughter slept on the pull out sofa which she said was also comfortable. There was a large, flat screen tv with a big selection of channels. The window in the room also opened for fresh air. My one complaint was with the in wall heating/ac system with its numerous dials. I cannot stand these things. I prefer the digital wall units. The room was either too hot or too cold, but it did have a fan option which I always use to drown out noise from outside. For dinner we were going to go off property, but were too tired. As a result we decided to eat on property. To our surprise the restaurant on property was excellent! The service was quick, and the food was delightful. Not your typical food for a hotel of this type, that's for sure. I will definitely complain about the free breakfast offered in the morning. It cannot compare to other hotel chains. The eggs offered were runny and looked uncooked. The pancakes were good. Other than that there was toast, fruit and three types of cold cereals. I believe that was it. Very unimpressive. Also, they ran out of coffee and fruit, which did take them quite a while to replace. Would have appreciated yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Also, I do not remember if there were any fruit juices. Enjoyed reading about the story of the Ayers family and some history of Los Angeles which was indicated on pictures throughout the lobby. Also, they did have coffee and decaf available all day which was a nice touch. Thank you for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one not near the fitness center. I did see that there were rooms directly across from this...
Dear Californiamom -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your visit and for your very thorough and kind review. I am thrilled that the decor grabbed your attention and that the various services and amenities made for an enjoyable stay. We take great pride in our complimentary full American breakfast and frequently revisit our breakfast offerings, so please know that your comments will be kept in mind upon our next review. We look forward to your next visit.