All reviewsmemory foamwaffleshigher end hotelsontario airporthard boiled eggslarge poolold carpetfree cookiessecurity guardcut fruita recent business tripcoffee makeraverage roomolder hotelfresh fruitshuttle servicefree breakfast in the morning
Reviewed July 15, 2008

When I needed a place to stay before a very early flight out of Ontario International, I read some very positive reviews of this place. The price was right, the reviews positive--what could be bad? Oh boy! The room I was given at first was as far away from the main office as possible, off a dark parking lot next to a deserted lot. All the rooms around me were boarded up and clearly uninhabitable. The lock on my room was loose and looked like it had taken a beating, as if someone had tried to break in at some point. As a woman traveling alone, I was not at all comfortable in this location! When I asked for another room, something in a more populated area, the only thing they had available was in their "executive wing," which increased the price quite a bit. That room was fine--central location, very clean, working lock. There was a lot of noise from the nearby freeway even through the closed window, so it wouldn't have worked for a light sleeper. The staff was pleasant. Unfortunately, I had to leave too early to take advantage of the free breakfast. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and won't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank CoyoteLiz
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We had previously stayed at this location on a couple different trips. Good service and very professional staff. Rooms are cleaned daily and linens changed. Super breakfast bar. Grounds are well kept. Security guard on duty at night and gated parking. Several restaurants within 2 block radius including Cowboy, IHOP and Denny's. Quiet, affordable and clean! Rare find at the price these days.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetum
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Was expecting something a bit more up to date after reading the reviews. Having the reception clerks behind glass and talking to them through the slots on the counter does not inspire friendliness.

My first room was in the old section. Room was serviceable, but AC/heater did not work because plug didn't match any socket in the room.

I asked for another room and the manager, to his credit, upgraded me to the newer section without charging more. These rooms are much more up to date and are fairly spacious.

But after returning from dinner, found my sliding glass door unlocked. Nothing was missing, but it was unsettling.

All in all, I probably would have chosen another hotel if I would have known what I know now. If you do stay here, spend the extra 15 bucks for the new section.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BB55
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Certainly an inexpensive location, and it was clear that the staff is
continuously on task with keeping the place clean. However, sitting literally on the edge of I-10, road noise is inescapable. After our first night, we noticed that there is a newer wing. The rooms were a bit better, and, with a hallway and another room between you and the highway, road noise was a bit quieter.

At this price, you're not going to get high-end furnishings, and I am
not a fan of the tempurpedic mattresses that come on the beds. Comfortable, but a bit warm for my preferences. Rooms included a freezer, a microwave and a mini fridge.

Breakfast buffet was great, with waffles, fresh fruit and juices, cereal, muffins, and bagels. Because of the road noise, I think I will look elsewhere during my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Polopapa
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I originally stayed at the Good Nite Inn for the price-it can't be beat in town. Yet despite its cheap price, the staff was friendly, the rooms were large, the beds were comfy and the area, despite being near the freeway, was quiet. I would choose to stay there over even more expensive hotels in the area that cost more but provide less.

Possibly the only major problem is the location, which isn't ideal. From the outside it looks really dirty and run down. Once you get in your room though you'll wonder how a room like this can have an exterior like that.

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled solo