Ontario Airport Inn
Residence Inn
$132
$122
Hyatt.com
All reviewsmemory foamcookieswafflesfree fruithigher end hotelsshoe polishchocolate chipontario airportcontinental breakfastlarge poolold carpetwaffle machineslept really wellhard boiled eggscut fruita recent business tripcorporate rate
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A very nice and inexpensive weekend for NASCAR in California. The hotel was clean and very reasonable priced. It has been remodel with nice flat screen TV and comfortable beds plus has a small fridge and microwave. We got in late and the security was very nice and help us out. Also, has a nice continental breakfast with waffles, juice and fruit. A good way to get the morning off before you start partying at the race track.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I was watching the TV program “Dragnet” (Jack Web’s black and white one) the other day; the décor and ambiance of a LA apartment that Sergeant Joe Friday visited while he and Gannon are looking for a drug mule was reminiscent of this hotel. In fact, the retro ambiance was set on purpose and they only played forties and fifties (I think) music in the lobby area (which is also the breakfast area) and it’s kind of neat. My husband and I were slow swinging (on the chairs) with the music while we ate breakfast and chatted about the dreams we had the night before.
Their breakfast offerings were minimal; cereal, muffins, bread, bagel, make-your-own-waffle, cut-up-fruits, boiled egg, fruits juice, coffee and tea.
A mini-refrigerator and microwave oven, and coffee maker were in the room.
As advertised, there was a big flat screen TV and a memory foam mattress. It was a bit drafty around the door and some cigarette smell drifted in when a smoker walked by. No noise problems whatsoever; even though it looked like the building has thin walls, no noise from our neighboring rooms (they were occupied), from the freeway, or from the airport.
It was a well kept, clean, simple, and neat place.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel has many good and bad things going for it. I stayed for one night while on a business trip so I just needed a place to sleep and do a little work and this fit the bill perfectly. However, there were some misses as I have outlined below. Also it is a bit intimidating when you check in and the entire front desk area is behind bullet proof glass which is unusual for hotels near Ontario Airport. Some women traveling alone might have concerns about staying here however if I was passing through I would stay with my family for a night. Pool looked typical but was clean.

Pros - Great price, huge room, huge TV and despite being next to the freeway quiet. easy location to find. Breakfast looked good although nothing any more special than a Holiday Express (waffles, bread products, fruit etc.) I only grabbed some fruit and coffee.

Cons - While some reviews mentioned the remodeled and great bathroom that is not the case. Bathroom was typical size of any hotel bathroom and no special counter or tub. In fact, part of the mirror coating on the mirror had worn off.I stayed Also the bathroom towels are very cheap and thin. I stayed in the three story building which has inside door, all other buildings have external doors, not really within walking distance if any food or a place to have a beer.

For future trips I might pay the extra $30-40 a night to stay in a hotel with a bar/lounge, restaurant and more business traveler orientation.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the freeway just to be on the safe side noise wise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roy N
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I booked for 2 different nights (coming and going via Ontario Airport) at Christmas-time, both times with late arrivals and early checkouts, based on strength of the reviews, and I think most of the reviews are on-target. We were 2 adults and 2 teenagers. I give this hotel a mixed review, but it is very decent value for its inexpensive price. Please read this review rather than going by the individual features ratings, as I find this a very hard hotel to rate. They have some amenities that you would expect with a pricier hotel, but don't always succeed in the delivery. It is what it is-- old-ish motel set-up (enter rooms from outdoors, directly into the room, which means full exposure of everything in room when door is opened; large picture window looking directly out into the courtyard). First the positives: The bathroom/closet area in both rooms had been re-done with granite counters and shower stall, new fixtures, new tile, etc. They were exceptionally clean. It is the only non-four star hotel in which I've stayed that had a mounted make-up mirror in the sink area-- a real bonus for over-40 eyes. The rest of the room was clean. Staff exceptionally pleasant and friendly. We booked our airport shuttles in advance the evening we arrived, but didn't have to use the service because car rental counter opened earlier than expected. 5 minutes from airport. Waffles (from waffle-maker) and cut fruit at breakfast delicious; apples, oranges, and bananas available 24 hours a day. The rest of the food so-so, but comparable to the breakfasts at Holiday Inn Express and other hotels at this level and one level up. Microwave and fridge in room, which is a plus if you will be staying there for several nights. Coin-operated laundry machines available, which we did not need to use. Cannot speak to the large pool, as we didn't use it.
Here's what may or may not bother you, depending on your expectations and needs: External areas (i.e. concrete walkways) had odor of disinfectant. If there is a smoker in the courtyard, you will smell the smoke in your room. One of our rooms had non-functioning heat/cool system-- it blew same cool-ish temperature regardless of dial setting. Razor, comb, toothpaste provided, which is a characteristic of higher-end hotels, but as my husband said, it was like shaving with a spoon. The curtains require very careful adjustment to prevent any gaps; to achieve full privacy in one room, I had to use a safety pin to secure the curtains together. I am not a fan of this set-up. If you're there during the day, it means you cannot have daylight unless you want everyone looking into your room. The furniture is older composite/wood-tone formica veneer; the bathroom area and the rest of the room seem to belong to different hotels- the sleeping area being a little down-at-the heels. One room had overhead lights installed along ceilings on both sides of room (with only one functioning bulb on one side) and no lamps, and did not have the small round table near the door that the other room had. The rooms are small and cramped-- fine for short stay, not so good if you have to spend much time there. You have to sign a statement saying you will not have guests. This, the old furniture in the rooms, the removal of lamps in one room, and the glass separating staff from guests at the front desk, lead me to speculate that they may have had problems with rowdy guests at one time. However, it was definitely peaceful and quiet when we were there.
If I were staying briefly for one night, I might stay there again. The other hotels in the area also seem to get mixed reviews.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MuseumKids
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Your reviews were right on!! We had great service and a good clean comfortable room! Bed was great and the tvs are first rate! Everyone we met went out of their way to be helpful. Good breakfast and the shuttle service to the airport was right on time. It was really great that they are pet friendly!! We will be using them when we return!! The "back" units closest to the freeway are a bit noisy. The reservation host advised us of that and put us in the front building. Front desk staff went out of his way to print our boarding passes and fax for us.

Room Tip: as mentioned, stay in the front building if hiway noise bothers you!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple