All reviewsmemory foamwaffleshigher end hotelsontario airporthard boiled eggslarge poolold carpetfree cookiessecurity guardcut fruita recent business tripcoffee makeraverage roomolder hotelfresh fruitshuttle servicefree breakfast in the morning
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I needed an hotel for one night near the airport. I was staying in Aneheim at the Marriot convention center but left because of the high rate, cost of parking ($29/day) and fee for internet ($13/day).

Reviewed what was available where I'll be flying out and found this place. I was hesitant at first because it looks old from the street with other newer hotels nearby. I am impressed enough to take the time to write this. In short, its perfect for my needs. Very polite and helpful check in, Very nice clean room w/coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Free VERY high speed Wi-Fi. Furniture a bit old but exceptionally clean. Bath & shower remodeled. 40" flat screen with HDTV and more channels than you could watch. Tempurpedic foam matress was great. Even though next to freeway (quick entry on to I-10), very quiet with nicely maintained pool and impeccably well kept landscaping. Free and very secure card-only parking. I wish my family was here, we'd stay just for the pool.

Oh yes, I should mention that it's only $60/night near hotels costing 2X as much. These folks really take care of their facilities.

Highly recommend! Real review from engineer travelling from Seattle.

Room Tip: They gave me an interior room with view of the pool. Shielded from freeway noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ross d
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was in town for a parent function at the Claremont Colleges, and all the hotels closer to campus were booked up. Having been creeped out by my first night at a national chain budget motel near the airport, I looked for a different place to spend subsequent nights. (There are many hotels on Vineyard street, off Interstate 10 near the airport.) Based on the largely positive TripAdvisor reviews, and a great price ($59/night and $55/night for stays of 4 or more days), I decided to give the Ontario Airport Inn a try.

At check-in, I was beginning to have doubts. The clerk, a woman with a 1970's beehive hairdo, sat behind bullet-proof glass and the transactions were conducted through a pass-through tray, impervious to guns and knives. A new experience for me, I additionally had to sign a statement indicating that I would be the only occupant and that no one else (I wondered, prostitutes? fellow junkies? other homeless people?) would enter the room. My fears proved unfounded, however, as this turned out to be an exceptionally pleasant stay.

The motel is right next to I-10 and consists of two buildings, an original section probably built in the 1960's or 70's and a new section, immediately fronting the freeway, probably from the 80's or 90's. I asked for a room on the non-freeway side, which turned out to be in the older section.

The property was a throwback to the 1970's, when California was indeed the Golden State. I've stayed in a lot of California motels from that era and most are just pathetic reminders of how much things have changed. This place is truly an exception. Everything is obsessively maintained and updated. The picture provided by the hotel of the manicured lawn and clean pool is representative.

My room was spacious and had a large picture window looking out on the pool. (The downside is that there is little privacy, unless the drapes are drawn, and the window doesn't open, so there is no natural ventilation.) Freeway noise was minimal. The room was spotlessly clean. The deluxe bathroom fixtures were vintage 1970's (the toilet being updated to a water conserving model) and in perfect working order. I can't even remember the last time I saw a toilet with the "santiized for your protection" paper seal on it. But there it was, and, I swear, very credible. The bathtub shower had a mirror and additional body jets. The motel provided a toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, mouthwash, and shampoo. There is a brand new Samsung 42" HDTV with DirectTV. My single room had a king bed with memory foam mattress, as well as a refrigerator and microwave. There is an inviting laundry room with coin-operated washer and dryer on the grounds. The (free) Internet connection was strong and speedy.

The continental breakfast was quite nice with a selection of pastries, bagels, a waffle machine, a juice machine whose selections included the usual apple and orange juice but unexpectedly passion-guava fruit, a coffee/hot-chocolate machine that freshly brews each cup to the user's specifications, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, and cereal.

The fellow clientele was mixed: some families, some truckers, but also a few people on the margins, as you might expect at such a cut-rate price.

It's pretty clear that the management really cares about this place and meticulously tends to its every details. It's by no means a 5-star luxury hotel, but I dare say it's in a class of its own among budget motels. I've stayed in mainstream hotels where just the parking and Internet connection cost about the same and that were not half as inviting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank elastopathy
Reviewed August 15, 2011

40' new big screen with Direct TV. Tempur Pedic mattress - awesome. Smoking and non smoking rooms. Rooms have been remodeled recently. Free "FAST" wireless internet in each room with a public access computer in the lobby. Microwave and small frdge in the room. Shower was great with solid surface shower walls and granite counter tops. Lots of free samples in the room including liquid shower soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Free USA Today newspaper. Continental breakfast was ok. Free cookie at check in. Free fruit anytime you want. Convenient location with a convenient store & several places to eat within walking distance. Plenty of electrical outlets in the room. Quiet - call ahead to get a room away from the I-10. Book your room on their website to get the best rates. We travel a lot for work and stay in 2 & 2.5 star hotels all over the country, this place is the best value I have experienced! What they need to improve.... the fitted sheet on the mattress was too small so the edges popped off in the middle of the night

Room Tip: Book your room on their website
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Roy H
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The outside wasn't fabulous looking but the rooms were great! Very big rooms, tempur-pedic bed (a huge perk), great breakfast buffet that included eggs and waffles along with fruit, juice, etc. all complementary.

The best perks were the really nice pool and how great the staff was. The shuttle driver rushed back from the airport to get me to my appointment at the nearby convention center on time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were traveling back to the airport, we stayed here overnight since our flight left early. The front desk was very nice, we wished we could have enjoyed the pool!!! But, we got in too late. The value was fantastic. I hope someday they will replace the carpet in the elevator, it was dated. We felt safe at this hotel. We recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011